Chapter 45

Amalia POV

"Mali sweetheart?" Danielle said, popping her head around the door.

I looked up from my sketch book.

"Carla has emailed me, she wants to know if you're up to having a session tomorrow?" She asked, leaning her head gently against the door frame.

I thought about it for a moment. I knew Carla really helped me but the appointments themselves were so draining.

"I don't know," I shrugged, chewing down on my lip.

"It's your call sunshine," Danielle smiled warmly.

"She said you can go to a face to face session at her office if you want, rather than over video," she explained.

"Could you still be there?" I asked nervously, unable to meet Danielle's eyes.

"Do you want me there?" She asked simply.

I nodded and played with my fingers.

"Then I'll be there babe," she said.

I looked up from my hands to see her watching me.

"Really?" I asked.

"I've got you sunshine, you know that," she nodded genuinely.

"Okay I'll go," I agreed.

"I'll reply to Carla then. I'm proud of you beautiful," she said before turning at leaving me alone.

"Oh Mali sweetheart," Danielle said, quickly running back into my room.

"Yeah?" I giggled, seeing her appear at my door again.

"Why did Stefania say I can't go in the kitchen?" She asked, raising her eyebrow suspiciously.

"I don't know," I shrugged innocently, not wanting to give anything away about my plan.

"Hmm okay," she frowned, heading off again.

I continued drawing for a while before double checking the recipe I wanted to make for Danielle and Stefania that evening.

I really hoped I could pull it off and they'd enjoy it. I didn't want to make any mistakes. Stefania said she'd keep Danielle distracted for me while I sorted everything out.

I quietly crept out of my room and into the kitchen, seeing that Stefania and Danielle were outside in the garden. Using my phone to get the recipe back up, I started to gather everything that I would need.

While I was chopping up an onion, my mind wouldn't stop wondering to the appointment with Carla. I hadn't had one since my mom died, I knew she'd want to discuss it.

The more I thought about it, the sicker I felt, all the anxiety building in my stomach. I tried to focus all my attention on the meal for Danielle and Stefania but the thought of them hating it was making me feel worse.

Danielle POV

"Mali said she'll go to the appointment tomorrow," I told Stefania as I walked into my bedroom.

"Ahhh good, are you going to go with her?" She asked.

"Yeah, especially as it's her first actual face to face session," I replied, sitting and laying back on my bed.

"She also played dumb about why I can't go in the kitchen," I added, frowning playfully as I rolled on my side to face Stef.

"I can't tell you bellina," she shrugged, tucking my hair back.