Chapter 102

Danielle POV

"Mali you okay baby?" I asked, breaking the comfortable silence we were both enjoying.

"Hmm yeah," she replied in a world of her own.

She lay on her stomach across the middle of mine and Stefania's bed reading her book while I scrolled mindlessly through Instagram.

Amalia lay by my legs, leaning on them ever so slightly, not fully up for not having any contact with me this morning. 

Stef had left early, needing to be on the set of Greys today, leaving Amalia and I at home for the day. Stefania and I had already discussed me bringing up the subject of school with Mali today but I was still working out the best moment.

Amalia's phone vibrated, I felt her move a little reach for it, followed by hearing her giggle.

"Who's got you laughing?" I asked, putting my own phone down.

"Look what Carter sent. He just spilled his full Starbucks over him," she laughed, turning her phone around so I could see.

"Ahh no, not a white t-shirt as well!" I said, seeing the poor boy covered but still with his signature smile across his face.

"He's so clumsy mom, the other day he got tangled in his dad's fishing lines and nearly hooked himself," she told me, much more relaxed than she was last night.

I shook my head and smiled.

"Don't you be picking any of that up young lady," I warned playfully.

"I won't," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at your mommy?" I said seriously, trying to hide a smile.

"Mm-maybe," she shrugged.

"I think you did roll your eyes little one," I said, moving slowly towards her.

"Don't you be cheeky to your mommy Amalia Cora," I said as I started to tickle her sides.

"Mom, Mom stop," she giggled, trying to wiggle away.

"Mom," she laughed when I didn't stop my attack on her sides.

"Tell mommy you're sorry," I played, knowing she knew I wasn't being serious in the slightest.

"I'm s-sorry," she cried out laughing, trying to push me away.

"I'm sorry who?" I laughed.

"I'm sorry mom," she got out breathlessly.

"Ahh ahh, I'm sorry mommy," I teased.

"Mommy okay okay. Mommy I'm sorry," she panted as I stopped tickling her.

"Good girl," I laughed, sitting back against my bed.

"That wasn't fair," she pouted, cutely crossing her arms.

"You're stronger than me," she sulked.

"Then don't roll your eyes," I winked.

"Yeah yeah," she said, finally getting her breath back.

"You've made me tired," she added, flopping back down on the bed.

"Awww has my little girl gone sleepy?" I chuckled.

"Do you want a mommy cuddle?" I asked still winding her up a bit seeing as she was in a good mood.

She lifted her head ever so slightly to look at me, raising her eyebrow.

"You're making fun of me," she whined.