Chapter 75

Danielle POV

"Good morning my sunshine," I smiled as I saw Amalia sleepily entering the kitchen whilst pouring a cup of coffee.

"Morning," she yawned, coming to sit at the breakfast bar.

"Did you sleep okay sweetheart ?" I asked, hoping she'd managed to avoid the majority of the jet lag.

"Yeah, I was super tired," she replied lightly.

"Where's mama?" She asked.

"She went to go get Jeff early because her friend had an appointment. She didn't want to wake you and didn't think you'd mind not going with her," I explained, taking the seat beside her.

"I'm glad she didn't wake me," Amalia chuckled.

"Sunshine?" I said gently.

"Yeah?" She asked, turning to look up at me.

"I've emailed Janet from set and asked her to arrange for a different tutor this season," I told her before lifting my drink to my mouth.

"So no more Greg?" She asked hopefully.

"No Mali, he wasn't the right fit was he?" I sighed, tucking her hair back behind her ear.

"Oh my god mommy thank you!" She said happily, practically throwing her arms around me.

"Wow," I laughed, placing my coffee down so I could hug her.

"Thank you thank you thank you," she repeated.

"You're welcome my girl," I laughed, rubbing my hand up and down her back.

She pulled away and sat back down on the stool.

"Stefania mentioned us going back to set and asked whether your tutoring would continue. If I'm honesty, I'd completely forgotten about it but I didn't feel comfortable with how he worked with you sweetheart," I confessed.

"Who will be my tutor?" She asked nervously.

"I don't know but I've told Janet that Greg had to go," I smiled warmly.

"Can I just not have a tutor?" She asked me.

"Don't push your luck sunshine," I winked, kissing her forehead before getting up from the stool.

I made my way around the kitchen to start preparing breakfast for the two of us.

"Please mom," she tired.

"It's either a tutor or we try to arrange regular school," I smirked.

"Tutor please," she said quickly.

"I thought so," I laughed, opening one of the cupboards.

"M-Mom?" Amalia said quietly.

I glanced over my shoulder at her and caught her playing with the sleeve of her pyjama top.

"What is it sunshine?" I asked, giving her my full attention.

"Tell me Mali," I said softly when she struggled to talk.

"C-can I have a female tutor?" She asked me, unable to maintain eye contact.

I tilted my head to the side and smiled softly at her.

"I've already passed that on to Janet baby," I told her, instantly seeing her shoulders relax.

"Thank you," she said, releasing the breath she was holding.

I nodded reassuringly and turned to continue making breakfast.

Our attention was drawn to the front  door when we heard it open.