Chapter 65

Amalia POV

"They were so lovely," Danielle said when we left the bakery.

"And oh my god those pastries were incredible," she added, practically skipping down the street.

"I couldn't take you anywhere else for breakfast. It had to be there," Stefania smiled proudly, swinging her arm with Danielle's.

"They're old family friends. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw them," she told us.

"Where are we going now?" I asked.

"I thought we could wonder around the town for a little bit before going to the beach?" Stefania suggested.

"Sounds good beautiful," Danielle smiled happily.

"Did you put your bathing suit on like I said," she whispered excitedly, stopping and bending down to my height.

"Yeah," I nodded.

She showed me the towels she'd already packed inside her bag and placed it over her shoulder. She took Danielle's hand again, now also taking hold of mine in her other one.

Stefania led us around all her favourite spots, explaining the history and telling us stories from when she was younger.

"Shall we grab lunch and head to the beach bellas?" She suggested after a few hours of exploring.

"Yeah, my legs are tired," I laughed, not having walked this far in a long time.

"Let's take a little break bambina," Stefania giggled, guiding us across the road to the wall by the water.

I sat down between Danielle and Stefania and took out my phone, taking a picture of the view of the sea.

"Here Mali," Danielle said, handing me a bottle of water.

"Thanks mom," I smiled, the name now getting easier to say each time.

I lifted my leg to place one either side of the wall and leant against Danielle.

"Comfy bambina?" Stefania smirked, gesturing to me lounging against Danielle.

I smiled and took a picture of her laughing.

"You're so pretty mama," I said, looking through my phone

"Show me," Danielle said, looking over my shoulder.

"So beautiful," she smiled as I tilted my phone up.

"Oh stop it," Stefania blushed.

"Here bambina, smile with Danielle," She instructed, holding up her camera.

Danielle wrapped her arms around me, leaning her head down as we smiled.

"Now that, is a beautiful picture," Stefania smiled warmly.