Chapter 52

Danielle POV

"I'm hungry," I said when we arrived home.

"Let me just feed Jeff and then I'll make you something bella," Stefania said, taking off her heels.

"I'll feed Jeff for you," Mali offered.

"Thank you bambina," she smiled gratefully, running her hand through Mali's long straight hair.

I followed her into the kitchen and leant against the counter.

"Can I just have grilled cheese?" I asked, fluttering my eyelashes at her.

"Anything for the birthday girl," she agreed, opening up the fridge.

She made it for me in under 5 minutes and sat around the table with me while I ate.

"Okay I'm sober now," I said, pushing the empty plate away from me.

"Are you sure bella?" She laughed.

"Pretty much yeah," I smirked, drinking more water.

"I need sleep though," I said seriously.

"We can get ready for bed bellina, it's getting late," she said as she picked up my plate and put it by the sink.

"Let's go," she said, leading the way to my bedroom.

"You go, let me just check on Amalia," I said, stopping outside her room.

She pecked my lips and continued towards our room.

"Mali sunshine?" I said gently, pushing open the door.

"Hi," she sniffled.

"Baby what is it?" I said, instantly going over to her bed.

"It's nothing I'm sorry," she said, trying to quickly wipe away her tears.

"Is this about me getting drunk? I knew you weren't okay with it," I sighed.

"No no it's not that. I promise you it's not that," she said seriously, turning to face me.

"Then tell me sunshine, what's going on in that beautiful mind?" I asked softly, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I think I'm just a little overwhelmed from today. I wasn't expecting everyone to be so nice and supportive. In my head, I imagined the worst case scenario. It's just sinking in that it went well," she explained, playing with her fingers.

"It did go well didn't it?" I smiled warmly.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Are you tired sweetheart?" I asked, sensing it was another reason behind her getting overwhelmed.

"Hmm yeah I think so," she nodded again.

"Come on sunshine," I said, standing up off her bed and holding out my hand.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"You're having a sleepover with me and Stefania," I told her.

She quickly picked up her Winnie the Pooh bear and let me lead her out the room.

"Stefania baby, you dressed?" I asked as I pushed my bedroom door open, not even giving her time to reply.

"Si but it's a good job I am," she laughed, seeing Amalia appear behind me.

She was already in her silky short pyjama set and sat up in bed.