Chapter 21: Irohazaka

[??? Pov]

"Now that you've found your real trainer, what will you do now?" I asked and he stood there, his back faced towards me. His head lowered, looking at his reflection from the waters of the lake.

He mumbled something before turning around to look at me, his eyes watery before slowly approaching me and wrapping his arms around me, hugging me tight and crying on my chest.

"There, there," I began rubbing his back, trying to comfort him. "I have a tale to tell you when we return home."

[Ryo's Pov]

I was awoken from my little deep sleep by water splashing all over my face. A blinding light immediately welcomed me as I rub my eyes and recall what happened. "Hey! Don't you just sleep there! I know you had a battle last night, but come and stay up! We're gonna be eating soon!"

Ah, that's right, I was being treated to a free meal in Yuki's and Haru's restaurant for winning the race against them. About the dream though, it's different from my usual dreams. It's somewhat related to my lost trainer. I wonder what it means.

Then all of a sudden, my attention was caught by Wataru entering the restaurant and yawning loudly. Luckily, the restaurant's empty when he entered. We're the only ones in the restaurant at this time of the morning. Wataru sat on the chair beside Aki before resting an arm around Aki's shoulder. "Man, sleeping in the car is terrible. How are you two able to sleep peacefully?" He asked before yawning again and rubbing his eyes.

"Well, Ryo particulaly didn't sleep well too. He was snoozing on his seat just now."

I looked at Aki and nodded before staring at the distance through the windows of the restaurant. It is true that I was snoozing earlier. The battle last night was just exhausting since it's my first time driving on that pass. The road was narrow too, which made me heavily focus throughout the whole race. The opponents were difficult as well, combined with their local technique to gather more acceleration when drifting.

All of that leaves me knocked out in the car, sleeping. I haven't gotten 8 hours of sleep yet! I was interrupted when Yuki and Haru approached us, serving our foods on their back. Haru reached out our meals from their back using her vines and served us our meals. "Ryo," Yuki called out my name and gave me a smile. "I personally made your food in the kitchen. I hope you'll like it."

Seeing her cute smile made me smile as well. What a Glaceon she is.

[Rai's Pov]

Here I am, sitting down on this bench like always, waiting for Yami to arrive to have a practice race on my home course. I'm glad no one's hurt from the race last night, and I'm very glad that Ryo was doing well after the race. Although it is worrying that he still doesn't know about the dangers of overusing his driver's eye, along with the risk of the cooldown in the middle of the race.

I don't want to see him crash on a guard rail or on the wall. I sighed, trying to calm myself from my worries when suddenly, the white DC2 that I was waiting for arrived and parked beside my CP9A. The Shiny Lucario stepped out of the car and approached me with a glare in his eyes. "Rai," He called out my name, his eyes still glaring at me. "Can we have a practice battle at Happogahara instead?"

[Ryo's Pov]

While eating my meal, Yuki tapped my arm, making me look at her who's sitting just beside me. "Can we have a talk outside?" She asked and I nodded before hopping off my seat and leaving the restaurant with her. We walked away a bit from the restaurant, just enough for no one to see us and have our personal talk. I wonder what she wants to talk about me.

"Ryo, I want to confess my feelings for you."

N-Nani?! She likes me? I never thought that I'd be coming to a situation like this. I'm already troubled by my quest on locating my lost trainer, and now this?! "R-Really?" I stuttered, still surprised by what I just discovered.

"Yes, ever since I first saw you having that battle with Nakazato, I fell for you. Your muscular body, and your handsome muzzle. Your driving technique that I want to see every single day. I fell in love with you, Ryo."

Honestly, I don't know what to say right now. I know she's nice and all, but I'm not into relationships at the moment. I know this is going to hurt her, but I have to tell her the truth.

"Yuki, you're nice and all," I took a deep breath, gathering the words I'm going to say. "I'm not into relationships right now. I want to focus on the things I have to take care of, and then move on to the things that I'll be returning to."

"W-What do you mean?" She asked, stuttering on her own words and her eyes getting watery from what I've said.

"I will be returning for you. I have to take care of personal matters for now, and then I'll return to you. You can wait for me, right?" I asked and she teared up before quickly wrapping her arms around my legs, hugging me tight. She slowly nodded as she cry on my leg before pulling away and looking up at me.

"I'll wait for you, o-okay?"

I nodded and reaches for her ears, rubbing them and smiling at her.

"Thank you."

Now with this settled, I have one more thing to take care of.

[Rai's Pov]

"We've been practicing on your home course for days, can't we practice on Happogahara instead?"

I mean, he's correct. We've been practicing for days on my home course, and it's been a while since we last raced on Happogahara. I was about to speak something when two cars drove by and parked close to us. One car was an AE86 Trueno, and the other being a Levin. Don't tell me it's the same car of Ryo and his friend. The driver stepped out of the Trueno, revealing to be Ryo himself. The other driver being his friend Cinderace.

Ryo approached me and gave me a smile, his paw reaching for mine. "It's been awhile Rai, we meet again."

"Yami," I called out Yama's name before grabbing Ryo's paw and shaking it.

"It has started."