Chapter 28: Yami

[Ryo's Pov]

"Are you sure about this Ryo? He looks dangerous. The way he glared at me earlier when I arrived was menacing." Aki stated, a hint of worry painted on his face.

Aki and I are chilling by the workshop he once told me to get his special engine bolts and nuts with our cars parked just by the front, waiting for the evening to pass by. It is true that he looks dangerous. He's a Lucario, just like me. He challenged me to a race tonight, and I accepted it without even thinking. If this is what it takes for me to be noticed by my trainer, then so be it.

[Rai's Pov]

He's what? He's battling Ryo? It's just days since Ryo defeated me, and now Yami's aiming to defeat Ryo immediately. "Are you sure about this, Yami?" I asked, attempting to clear my doubts.

"I'm sure of this. I'm going to avenge you by defeating Ryo. I won't let that bastard just go for what he's done to you."

This doesn't look good. We planned to take down Ryo as a team and recruit him in our team to defeat Project D, but not with this hatred. "Let me ask you something, are you doing this for our plan or for me?" I asked, hoping to clarify things.

"I'm doing this for you. You can't just walk away from your team from being defeated by that Ryo. It's unfair, and I'm here to make it right."

Oh dear. This is bad.

Yami looked at the starry night sky before looking back at me with a glare and opening his car door. "It's time, you should come with me to watch me crush down that Ryo." He said before heading inside his car and driving away.

I have to figure out something to get rid of his hatred.

[Aki's Pov]

Arriving at the starting line, I parked the car by the side and stepped out of my AE86. I was welcomed by Daiki and Sakai standing by the side of the road with their cars parked. Ryo arrived next and parked his car by the starting line, not stepping out of his car. I approached the two members of Todo School and greeted them. "Good evening." I say and they greeted back.

"What you'll witness here is something you'll never ever see again in your life. It's one rare occasion. Two Pokemon with the driver's eye battling together on the tight roads of Happogahara. An unbalanced race with one being high powered and one being extremely good at drifting. I wish Tomoyuki Tachi was here to witness this battle." Daiki stated and Sakai approached me before patting my left shoulder.

"What you did last night was something. If you're able to defeat me that easily, then you'll be able to defeat the God Foot of the Purple Shadow."

Purple shadow? "Why are you telling me this?" I asked, curious of his intentions.

"Oh," He chuckled before hitting my shoulder lightly. "I usually suggest opponents that defeated me to try and race against the God Foot of our rival team. If you defeated us, you gotta defeat them as well." He explained before moving his hand off my shoulder and nodding at me.

"God Foot. Purple Shadow. I'll keep these in mind." I say before hearing a car approaching by, making me turn around and saw a DC2 and a CP9A. The DC2 parked by the starting line while the CP9A pulled up behind my car and the driver stepped out. It was Rai, and he is approaching Ryo's car.

"The race is about to start."

[Ryo's Pov]

Rai's knocking on my car window, making me lower it. Looks like he wants to say something.

"This'll be a chase and lead race, and Yami chose to be the chaser of the race. Ryo, be careful with this race. Aki will be racing with hatred against you. He'll be racing a little dangerous tonight, and he might pull some of his side presses on you. Use your driver's eye if it's a must. You must believe in yourself. Good luck." He stated before stepping away and walking to the front before raising his paw.