Chapter 16: Christmas Retune

[Ryo's Pov]

It was a mess that night. We managed to get back Aki, but he's in a terrible state to speak nor think. Aki's been troubled a lot about what happened. I wonder how I'll get him back.

The morning after the incident, I woke up from my bed pillow with Aki sleeping peacefully beside me. I recall the incident last night, and how he begged me to let him stay with me for the night. I had to drop him by my house before driving off to his trainer Wataru to inform him about what happened. He eventually agreed and I drove back home to take care of Aki.

This day will be dedicated to taking care of Aki, and bringing himself back. I got up and let Aki sleep on my bed pillow peacefully, leaving him alone in the room to fetch a glass of water. I turned on the faucet and filled the empty glass that I got from my cupboard. I turned around to look at the small living room just by the kitchen. The small living room which I and my trainer used to have fun time together, but now just an empty space. I wonder when I'll be able to meet my trainer again.

[Ryosuke's Pov]

Being up in the morning like usual, I fixed myself and sat on the couch of our living room before grabbing the remote and turning the TV on. The show was about endorsing a Nissan BNR32 when suddenly, it was interrupted by a flash news about the local Pokemon thief being caught. Aki was saved last night, and the thief's been finally caught. Keisuke, who just got up, went out of his room and yawned before looking at the TV.

"Thief's been finally caught, huh. I've been wanting this guy to be gone for painting Akagi with his bad impression. Now that he's finally gone, we can do practice runs in Akagi without anyone messing with our run." Keisuke stated before heading inside the comfort room with a towel on his shoulder, presumably going to take a bath.

I don't have any problems with Akagi myself since I've been busy a lot with my medical studies, but it's a good news for the Trainers out there and their Pokemon now being safe. I wonder if Aki's doing safe.

[Takumi's Pov]

"Is it true that you guys took down the local Pokemon thief of Akagi?!"

Driving on the roads of Akina on my way back home, and the first thing I'll hear after picking up Itsuki on my way back home is his question. I sighed and focused instead on the road, ignoring his question.

"Takumi! Is it true that the Project D took down the Pokemon thief of Akagi?!"

Where did he even get that gossip? Word got spread fast, even though it happened late in the evening for no one to absolutely witness.

"Yeah. Keisuke defeated this Pokemon thief on an impromptu uphill battle while I was on Ryo's car, watching the battle from behind."

Itsuki's mouth is gaping in surprise when he realized that the rumor was true, or atleast proven true by one of the project D member. "That's so cool. How's Aki doing now?"

How is he doing? Ryo never told me anything this morning yet, or never heard any news from Wataru. All I know is that Ryo took Aki to their place last night in Aki's favor. I might visit them sometime this afternoon.

[Aki's Pov]

Sitting on the couch after recently waking up, I can't help but recall what happened last night. It's still stuck in my head. The fear it's bringing me is unbearable, and I can't bring myself to not think about it.

"Aki? How are you feeling now?"

Hearing the voice of someone who cares about me pushes this thought away, making me only focus on the Pokemon beside me. "I'm okay, just recovering." I replied softly, still being emotionally drained from what I just experienced. Ryo nodded in understanding and got up from his seat beside me before heading in his room, returning with a blanket and wrapping it around me.

"Go heal up. I know you're a fire type, but sometimes fire doesn't ignite that well and needs a help when igniting. I'll help you ignite your spirits back," He paused to smile widely at me. "Let's celebrate the Christmas together under the cozy roof."

Seeing his warm smile lifts me up a bit, and hearing those cozy words make me feel warm. I nodded slowly and smiled before hugging him tight. "Thank you."

[Ryo's Pov]

"You're welcome." I pulled away and patted his shoulder before getting up from my seat to get a myself a glass of water. Pouring myself a glass of water, I looked outside through the window and watched as the snow of the winter thickens, covering the outside with thick snow.

I guess there's no driving outside today. I better fulfill my duty of taking care of Aki for the day.

[Rai's Pov]

Sitting on the bench by the gasoline station of Irohazaka, I noticed that the snow is getting worse. My CP9A parked by was covered by snow. I wonder if this type of extreme training is worth it. Just when my worrying is getting worse, a revving of the engine was heard followed by the headlights of an approaching car illuminating the road under the heavy thick snow. Yama's DC2 arrived and was parked beside mine before him stepping out of the car to approach me.

He raised and eyebrow while smirking at me. "You look cold."

Of course I am! It's so cold out here by myself. "Let's just get on with this. I called you here so we can have a little challenge since having this heavy snow is once in a lifetime."

Yama stared at me for a bit before replying.

"Sure, let's use this to enhance our Driver's eye."