Chapter 6: Takeshi Nakazato

[Ryo's Pov]

We were having a little talk that night when a Nissan Skyline GT-R pulled by the parking lot close to us and stepped out of a car. It's a man, probably in his age 23. He's wearing jeans and black T-shirt. His face with the familiar glare from Rai. He approached us and smirked, wanting something from us.

"You three raced down the pass and I saw how powerful your cars are, and how skilled you were. I'd like to challenge you first." He pointed at me and I nodded. "I'm Takeshi Nakazato of Myogi Nightkids, driver of my BNR32. You've shown me interest to battle you."

Is he really battling me? Like right now? "I'm Ryo, driver of Trueno AE86. I accept your challenge." I stated, feeling confident enough with my skills. I can't believe I'm having a second battle on the same night with another racer, more so it's a guy!

"Now if you may," He went to open his car door and take out a bag. "Is that a bag of Tofu?" Aki asked in curiosity and Takeshi nodded. "Yes, and I'd like one of you to hold it for me while I battle Ryo." He then handed the bag of Tofu to Rai and he glanced at me before nodding his head. "Back to the top of Akina, then a fair downhill battle. One of you come with us to do the countdown."

"Sure." Aki stated and went back in his car before starting it. We stepped into our cars and drove off to the top. Feeling nervous and confident enough, I can't avoid thinking about how crazy this battle will be.

Soon we arrived at the top and aligned our cars on the lane, readying for the race when Aki walked in front and began the countdown.

"5!" I pressed hard on the gas, revving the engine with the handbrake pulled up.

"4!" I glanced on my left and saw Takeshi glaring at me. How long has he been doing that?

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Go!"

I released the handbrake and pressed on the gas, shifting the gear from 1 to 2 then 3 before realizing something's off. The BNR32 took the lead by the very start of the race! I looked at my rear mirror and Aki didn't follow from behind. He's letting us race in peace. I focused back on the road and he already gained distance from me! What's going on?!

[Takeshi's Pov]

Hmph! I'll be taking the lead with the ability to balance my car's weight distribution. I glanced at my rear mirror and he's not too far from me, just close enough to give me confidence in myself, but that's not it. The real question is... "Can you keep up with my 'R'?!"

[Ryo's Pov]

He's fast, and the way he maneuvers the car is a bit weird. He isn't losing much traction on lanes. He minimally switches lane, and does so whenever only needed. I wonder how I can catch up with him. I'll go tail him for now, then attack when I see something different. Approaching the first hairpin, I braked and shifted the gear down before entering in a drift. That's when something caught my eye.

When he entered the hairpin, he brakes less and steers on the hairpin with a minimal drift. He's conserving his tires from being worn out!

[Takeshi's Pov]

Sorry kid, but I've learned my lesson ever since I lost to Takumi. I'll conserve these tires until the second half, and I'll definitely win! Approaching another hairpin, I braked and drifted less. I glanced on my rear mirror and the AE86 is still on my tail. I may not be able to make you disappear, but certainly I won't let you pass!

[Ryo's Pov]

Leaving the hairpin, the BNR32 was still on my front with the same gap as before. He isn't speeding up nor losing distance, what on Earth is going on?!

[Rai's Pov]

I was driving to the Gas Station by the Iroha Slope to refill my car's gas when I saw a familiar car parked by the front of the convenience store. I parked my CP9A behind the Honda Integra Type R and stepped out of the car before heading in the store to see a Shiny Lucario standing in front of the counter, holding a coffee cup. He glanced at me before approaching me and patting my shoulder.

"Hey Rai, never expected to see you this late at night. Are you doing a downhill practice? If so, I'm willing to join you down the hill." He stated, the same voice of his that I heard last week.

It's been awhile since we last met, and his actions doesn't change. "What's your name again?" I asked and he frowned.

"I can't believe you forgot my name again. It's Kurayami, Yami in short. You do know what my name means, right?"

I nodded and he sighed in relief. Kurayami, a Shiny Lucario and the driver of a White Honda Integra with a black carbon hood. He drives similarly with Smiley Sakai of Todo School.

"Rai! Aren't we going to do a practice downhill?" He asked and I nodded before leaving the convenient store with him.

[Ryo's Pov]

The five consecutive hairpins are just ahead and he's still on the lead, I don't want to lose! I was focused on the road, heart pounding and body sweating when I recalled something, a flashback about my trainer driving that night.

It's on the exact five consecutive hairpins when he entered the hairpins really fast, then the car tilted further into the inner lane. I looked outside and noticed that the tires are on the gutter!

Now if I can replicate it under the right circumstances, I can beat him!

[Takeshi's Pov]

Entering the hairpin, I braked and drifted on the inner lane. Hopefully I won't lose to an AE86. He can't beat me like Takumi did... Nani?! He disappeared from my rear mirror. Masaka! I looked over to my right and saw the AE86 heading too close inside! Another gutter run?! Shimata!! The AE86 overtook me at the exit, leaving me behind. Tailing him from behind, I drifted on the next hairpin and he did it again! He's gaining distance away from me! I need to catch... Up...

I pulled by the side of the road as the AE86 disappear into the pass. I stepped out of my BNR32 and smiled. That Ryo reminds me of Takumi. I wonder if he'll meet him soon.