Chapter 27: Aki vs Smiley Sakai

[Ryosuke's Pov]

Huh, based on the recorded data I've got from their battle on Akagi, it seems Ryo drives similarly to Takumi. Their driving style are almost the same. I continue to stare on my laptop screen as I relax on the chair, analyzing the data given from their practice battle when Takumi got inside the living room, presumably to pay a visit. He looked at me and approached me before tilting his head. "Ryosuke, you seem bothered by something. May I know what it is?"

"Ryo, the driver of the same AE86 that you drive, has the same driving style as you are." I say and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Wait, how?"

I presented my laptop to him, showing the results of the practice battle of Ryo with Keisuke. "Takumi, I want you to do something for my research."

[Takumi's Pov]

Huh? Another research? I wonder what it'll be this time. "You can talk to Ryo, right? I want you to pay him a visit and ask him about his driving skills." He stated before taking his laptop back and began to stare at it again.

I can't believe I'll be meeting with Ryo once again. My last meeting with him was his battle with Keisuke. I want to know about his driving style. Out of nowhere, I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me turn around. It was Keisuke, wanting something from me. "Takumi, can I buy one block of Tofu?"

[Daiki's Pov]

Here I was, standing in front of two cars, commencing the countdown for the start of the race between Aki and Sakai. Something doesn't seem right. A turbo equiped DC2 against an... Unknown AE86. The DC2 will be in an advantage since it's a car made for the inbound of Happogahara and uphill of every Togue. Yami even uses a DC2, yet he drives it differently. Yami can drift his DC2 easily, which something Sakai can't easily do.

I sighed as I clear my head from the thoughts and raised my hand up to start the race.

[Aki's Pov]

This is it, he's starting the countdown. Might as well ready myself. I pressed on the gas, revving my engine as he does the countdown.

[Sakai's Pov]

Hmph, will he even win against me? I'm driving a DC2 with turbo equiped. I can easily take the lead and pull away from his AE86. But, I know it's an AE86, but I still have to play this carefully. I do not know what skills the Cinderace has, and I don't know what his car has.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Go!"

I pressed hard on the gas and shifted the gear up, quickly pulling off the starting line. Feeling confident, I glanced at my rear mirror, only to notice that the AE86 isn't slowing down from behind me yet. I looked at my left side mirror, finding out that the AE86 falling behind me slower than I anticipated. Tch, his car is equiped with a turbo! This is alarming, but it shouldn't be dangerous since I know this course better than him. I'll have to use my two driving techniques that worked to most of my opponents.

[Aki's Pov]

Huh, I have to be careful. I don't know what Sakai has under his sleeves. I'm only following my sensing, so anything might happen. When it does, I have to act fast. Entering the first corner, I decided to not brake and follow how the DC2 in front of me entered the corner in a fast motion.

[Ryo's Pov]

Finally, I arrived at Happogahara where I saw a familiar Yellow EK9 parked by the side with a man standing beside it. I parked by the EK9 and got out of the car before being approached by the man. "This car seems familiar. Did you drive down this road last night?" He asked and I nodded.