Chapter 5: White Thunder Evo VI

[Ryo's Pov]

Last night was a blast. After the race, Aki was now allowed to battle others. Wataru challenged me to a rematch sometime in the future. One thing left to take care of is the Zeraora in Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.

Here I am waking up in the afternoon, still surprised by the events of yesterday, but now bothering today's events of Aki and that Rai. I got up from my pillow and went out of my room to fetch a cup of water in the kitchen. While pouring water, I began to think of the chances that Aki will win. He's riding an AE86 Turbo owned by his trainer, Wataru Akiyama. Aki has a huge disadvantage despite having the best modifications of the car he's driving.

He's slower than his trainer on hairpins, and he drives rather slower than him. Although it may change. This battle is his first being out of his bubble, and it'll push him confidence to eventually maneuver his car faster than before. I finished pouring the water on my cup and began drinking it when I suddenly remembered my trainer.

I still don't know where my trainer went, and I'm still in search of him. I have to find him. I poured another water in my cup before leaving my house and stepping into my car parked just in front of my house, holding the cup of water and placing it on the cup holder. This will help me on my journey.

I started my AE86 and drove off to Aki's house to check up on him for tonight's race.

[Aki's Pov]

I'm standing by the garage door of our garage, watching as my trainer replace the back tires of his AE86 Levin when he finishes and stood up in front of me. "I replaced the rear tires with new ones alongside with it being full tank. All done just for your race with the Zeraora's Evo 6."

He rest a hand on my shoulder and patted, "Do not hold back! Show them what you and our car got!" He stated, giving me confidence and I nodded before hearing a familiar engine sound from behind me. I turned around and saw Ryo along with his Trueno AE86, stepping out and approaching to greet me.

"Hey Aki, are you ready?" He asked and I nodded before smiling. "I won't hold back!"

[Ryo's Pov]

An hour passed by since the time we arrived at the top of Akina. It's already dusk, and we were waiting for the Evo 6 at the parking lot with our cars parked when it finally arrived. The Evo 6 pulled by the road and the driver stepped out of the car. A Zeraora wearing a black jacket greeted up with a glare before approaching us.

"Who's the driver of Levin AE86?" He asked and Aki raised his paw. "I am!"

"Hmph, you gave me a flashy drive that night and you caught my attention. That's why I'm here challenging you to a downhill race. Akina isn't my type of pass to be racing in, but that doesn't mean I can't drive as fast as I do at my home! My name is Rio, and let's get this settled."

This Zeraora isn't just a regular racer, he's an advanced racer from his home course. Aki tapped my shoulder and whispered at me. "I definitely can't beat him since I'm not the one riding that night, but I want you to beat him for me. Deal?"

I nodded and patted his shoulder. "Alright, let's do this! I'll be counting--"

"No."

H-Huh? What's he doing?

"This isn't a fair start battle, I want to be the chaser of this race. The race will start whenever you start."

Isn't a fair start? Does it mean he'll be chasing Aki? Aki agreed and they went into their cars. Rai pulled his Evo 6 behind of Aki's Levin AE86 while I put mine just behind the Evo 6. Soon Aki drove off and Rai gave him a headstart before following pursuit while I follow him from behind, studying his movements.

[Aki's Pov]

Steering left on the first corner followed by a hairpin, I took a glance of my rear mirror and saw the Evo 6 still behind me, tailing me. I won't hold back, I'll do everything I could to hold him back. Entering the hairpin, I braked and drifted. I glanced on my left and he's still tailing me on the drift. Tch! Let's do this! Leaving the hairpin, I shifted to 5 and pressed hard on the gas. Gaining speed in hopes of expanding the gap.

[Ryo's Pov]

Rai isn't too bad. He's fast on corners, but not as fast as I am. He's keeping a minimal distance between him and Aki. What's he doing? Entering a hairpin, Rai braked and I followed before drifting. My car is close to his, about to bump when we left the hairpin at peace. It's now a straight, I wonder what this Zeraora will do.

[Aki's Pov]

Crap, he's still on my tail. The gap won't widen! I have to beat him on the hairpins, but how? I can't do a quick one on my own, but if I do recall how Ryo drifted that time, I'll be able to pull it off. Entering the hairpin, I braked and shifted the gear down just like how Ryo did before drifting. I took a glance on my right side mirror and Rai's slowly losing distance from me. We left the hairpin and he's a little far from me, the gap now widened. Another hairpin in front and I braked before drifting, replicating how Ryo steered that night.

[Rai's Pov]

Huh, not bad. He drives differently tonight compared to that night, but this won't let me lose! It's a straight afterall, and I won't let this get away! I steered to the outside lane with the Levin AE86 on the inner lane and slowly overtook him. Moving side by side to his car slowly before pressing hard on the gas and finally overtaking him.

[Ryo's Pov]

No way! He overtook Aki on the straight! Aki, what's going on?! With the Evo 6 now on the lead and the Levin AE86 in front of me, I realized what Aki's doing. He's slowing down for me to overtake him and race against the Evo 6! I smirked and overtook him, now behind the Evo 6 and Aki behind me. You watch from behind as I beat this guy on the corners!

[Rai's Pov]

Approaching the corners, I braked a bit to slow down so I won't crash onto the outside guardrails. Falling on the cliff will definitely kill me... A shining light was blinding me from my rear mirror, it couldn't be that the Levin AE86 caught up! I glanced at my right mirror and saw the AE86 I overtook earlier, but something's different... It's a Trueno! Tch! You think you can overtake me? You'll just end up with your fellow AE86 Levin!

Leaving the corners and now approaching the hairpin, I pressed hard on the gas before braking and entering the hairpin on a drift. The headlights hit my rear mirror again, this can't be happening! I glanced on my right side mirror and saw his car near mine, about to bump!

[Ryo's Pov]

Leaving the hairpin, I realized the sudden speed he attained. He's pressing hard on the gas. I shifted my gear to 5 and pressed hard on the gas, catching up with him.

[???]

Why did I come here again? I went here to buy Shingo some tofu, and I wasn't expecting to take this same pass twice on the same night! I forgot that the Fujiwara tofu shop is at Shibukawa! Now I have to drive on this pass twice with my Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II, BNR32. Driving slow and rather lazy, I heard the sounds of engines from behind me. Around the corner behind me was a Trueno AE86 racing against an Evo 6 with a Levin AE86 tailing them from behind the Evo 6, watching.

They overtook me and they all drifted on the five consecutive hairpins. I smirked as the sound of the engines fade down. Another opponent to challenge.

[Ryo's Pov]

Drifting continuously on the hairpins, I glanced on my rear mirror and saw that the Evo 6 was losing distance from me. Now let's finish the race. Leaving the hairpin and taking a steer on the left with the last hairpin approaching, I braked and drifted with the Evo 6 far behind me.

[Rai's Pov]

Nanda sore?! This Trueno AE86 is fast! Is modified? One thing for sure is I'm losing tonight. The race ended with the Trueno being the winner. We pulled by the parking lot and stepped out of our cars. I approached the Lucario stepping out of the AE86 and asked for his name.

"Ryo." He answered.

"We'll be having a rematch on my home the next time we meet."