Chapter 33: Reunion and New beginnings

[Ryo's Pov]

We arrived at the starting point where everyone was waiting. I saw Rai and Yami standing with the others, waiting along with them for us. I pulled by the parking lot and we slowly step outside. Everyone was shocked to see Oda having a bruise on his head. Aki approached me and hugged me tight. He must be very worried about me with the battle. "What happened? How was the battle?" I smiled and giggled. "I won."

Everyone began to celebrate on my victory, but I have somewhere to go to. Oda made a deal with me that he'll pay to fix my car if I he lost, and he did lost. I handed my car keys to him temporarily so he can bring my damaged AE86 to the car workshop and get it fixed. Yami apologized to me for what happened, and I forgive him. Rai congratulated me for winning against a monster, and that he's proud. Aki told me that he'll be heading home first because he was tired of waiting for the race.

[Joshima's Pov]

"Now that you've found your real trainer, what will you do now?" I asked and he stood there, his back faced towards me. His head lowered, looking at his reflection from the waters of the lake.

He mumbled something before turning around to look at me, his eyes watery before slowly approaching me and wrapping his arms around me, hugging me tight and crying on my chest.

"There, there," I began rubbing his back, trying to comfort him. "I have a tale to tell you when we return home."

[Ryo's Pov]

Here I am, lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling with my AE86 car keys on my paw. Last night was filled with chaos, mixed with good and bad, but most importantly I have met my trainer who trained me how to drive a car. Sadly, he was unable to take me to his house to take care of me, but he reassured that he'll be paying me a visit every once a week. I have to thank my trainer for taking care of me before, and training me to drive a car. For once, I've never felt this happy in my life.

I closed my eyes, relaxing in the early morning when suddenly, I heard a knock on the door of my room. I quickly got up and opened the door. It was Aki, standing by the door, smiling at me.

"Ryo, there's someone by the door. It's your trainer, and he's with a different car this time."

My eyes widened. A different car? I wonder what Aki is talking about. I went to the front door with Aki and slowly opened the door. I was greeted by my trainer, Mr. Joshima.

"Ryo, I have a present for you. Since your AE86 was damaged, and being upgraded by one of my acquaintances who's a car mechanic, here is a blue Nissan S15 for you. It was supposed to be from my workmate, but he decided to retire from street racing and gave me his S15 as a remembrance. I don't know what to do with it, so I decided to give it to you instead. Consider this as our reunion gift."

My eyes widened in surprise. A reunion gift? Having an AE86 was enough, but having another car? This is insane!

"W-What should I do with an S15 if I already have an AE86?" I asked, stuttering in surprise.

"You drive it for now. I want to see you use your driving skills on another car. As your trainer, I want to train you to use your drifting skills on a car that's different to an AE86. Don't worry, it's a rear-wheel drive like your AE86. Since I don't have work today, want to drive it down the Mount Akina?"

Already?! I haven't even tested it out on normal driving! My trainer is astonishing when it comes to cars. It's been a long time since I heard him speak like that, and it brings energy into my soul. I looked down and held a paw on my chin, thinking about what I should do today before looking up at him and nodding at him. "Sure, but before we go, can we pay the tofu shop nearby a visit?"

He nodded and brings out the car keys of the S15, before tilting his head to look at Aki who's standing by the door behind me. "How about your friend, will he be okay being alone?" He asked and I turned around, looking at Aki before putting my paw on his shoulder. "I'll bring you some Tofu on the way home, alright?"

Aki smiled and hugged me before pulling back and nodding. "Sure! I'll be busy with the house while you're away. I'll also try to visit my trainer." He stated before turning around and walking to the living room, closing the front door. I turned around and grabbed the keys from my trainer's hand before walking to the blue Nissan S15 with him, entering the car and starting it up. I was on the driver's seat with Mr. Joshima sitting on the seat beside me, monitoring me on my driving skills on a car unfamiliar to me. I eventually adapted to how the Nissan S15 works on the way to the Fujiwara Tofu Shop, and soon we arrived at the shop.

My trainer was waiting by the car while I stepped out of my S15 before entering the store and walking to the cashier, ringing the bell by the desk. Soon a person with a familiar face went to the desk. Takumi's father who's eyes are closed, Bunta Fujiwara.

"Yes?" He asked, looking at me with his eyes closed.

I wonder if he can even see with those eyelids. I can't even see his eyes. His eyes are closed yet he can see where I am at.

"I would like to order Tofu later when I return. Is Takumi around?" I asked and he held his hand on his chin, thinking.

"No, I remember him telling me that he'll be busy today with the Project D."

Eh? But I came here to challenge him to a race with my S15...

Initial D:
Pokemon Stage
INFINITY

"A new chapter has begun"