Chapter 32: Oda

[Rai's Pov]

It started off as a plan, and now it's becoming a chaos. I was sitting on my couch, deeply thinking about what I've done when all of a sudden, Yami barged into my room with sweat all over his fur, panting. "Rai, you have to come with me. Something wrong happened with Ryo."

Hearing Ryo's name coming from him sent shivers down my spine as I stood up in shock. "What happened?" I asked, afraid and nervous as to know what's going on.

"My friend Oda didn't follow the plan and wrecked havoc at Tsukuba."

[Ryo's Pov]

I was there, sitting on the floor with Aki beside me. "Ryo, are you alright?"

The sudden appearance of this Shiny Greninja attempting to get rid off me by bumping my car is traumatizing. It was all going good at first, until he appeared and decided to bump my car, almost killing me in the process.

"Ryo! Answer me! Are you alright?!" My eyes widened as I regain myself, turning to look at Aki who's all worried about me. "I'm alright, just troubled by what happened earlier."

Then all of a sudden, a chuckle was heard, making me turn to look at the direction of where it came from. It was the Shiny Greninja, the same one who bumped my car with his R32.

"Your name is Ryo, correct?" He asked and I looked at him, glaring at his presence. "Don't worry, I've only been tasked to defeat you in a race. The race however, won't follow the safety rules. You can do anything you want, just for the sake of winning. If I win, you'll be coming with me. If I lose, I'll be paying for the fee for fixing your AE86. Deal?"

Being a competitive Lucario myself, I stood up and nodded at him, taking up his offer. "Let's get this over with already. I haven't asked for your name yet." He smirked at me and chuckled. "I forgot. I'm Oda."

"There we go. Oda, how many times have you raced on Tsukuba?"

"Is that even an important question? I have done once, or twice before."

"Alright, let's get this over with."

[Rai's Pov]

"What did you do?!" I snapped at him, both in anger and panic.

"I called my friend who I introduced to you before. He told me that he'll do as I say. I told him to defeat Ryo in a race at Tsukuba, but never did I knew that he'll be intercepting his race with another racer by a side press just to ask him to race with him. I was there and I saw it with my two own eyes. That's why I immediately drove to your apartment to tell you about this."

He should have known better that this might happen if you barely know someone you trust.

[Ryo's Pov]

"5!"

This is it, the last battle before I meet my possible trainer that I've been looking for for days.

"4!"

I looked at my right to see the Shiny Greninja in his R32, prepared to destroy me on this battle.

"3!"

Losing this race means I have to give up everything I've achieved so far.

"2!"

But I won't let it happen. I'm so close to lose now.

"1!"

All for my trainer.

"Go!"

I pressed hard on the Gas pedal, quickly shifting the gears, in hopes of gaining the lead first against the monstrous R32. I know this is a difficult battle, but I have to win this!

[Joshima's Pov]

I sighed l, the commotion finally calming down on my favour when I heard a familiar voice in the distance. "Mr. Joshima!" It was Aki, Ryo's friend Cinderace. "Thank you for covering that up for me. I'm too tired to even commence the countdown for those two."

I laughed and nodded at him before turning around to look at the starting line, the main starting point of Tsukuba. I have high hopes for that Lucario, and I hope he wins this race against that R32.

[Oda's Pov]

Ah, taking the lead for me to take it back from him. This is going according to plan. I'll either tail him until he makes a mistake, or gain a distance enough to do a side press on a corner. I chuckled, gripping hard on the steering wheel. Ryo, you're going to lose against me.

[Ryo's Pov]

This is nerve-wracking, and I can't focus much. I glanced on the rear view mirror and saw the R32 already on my tail. This is bad, I have to try and get away from him. I pressed hard on the gas pedal with the gear on four, hoping I can outrun an R32 before the hairpin. Hairpin? That's it!

"--Oda, how many times have you raced on Tsukuba?"

"Is that even an important question? I have done once, or twice before."

"Alright, let's get this over with."

He only took on Tsukuba once or twice, which means he doesn't have much memorization on the road. If I'm correct, he's following me not just to put me on edge, but to use me as a guide on the road since he doesn't know much on the turns and corners and hairpins of this mountain pass. That means if I do this right, he'll overtake me and crash on the upcoming hairpin. He doesn't seem to be that type of racer that maintains his temper well. He reminds me of Nakazato, perhaps I can use it to my advantage.

I pressed on the brakes lightly, slowing my car down for the R32 behind me to catch up.

[Oda's Pov]

What? Are you slowing down because you're going to back out and let me pass? Thanks for the offer, but it's too early for that. I'll just have to overtake you on the third checkpoint. The AE86 in front of me then sped up, gaining distance away from me. Hmph! I won't let you get away! I pressed hard on the gas, catching up to the AE86 when suddenly, it slowed down again, wanting me to pass.

Is he toying with me? You're making me mad! Don't test my patience.

[Ryo's Pov]

This should work. Come on! I pressed hard on the gas and pressed the brakes again, then all of a sudden, a miracle happened. The R32 finally overtook me before the hairpin on a fast acceleration. The R32 didn't have time to react, and oversteered and crashed onto the guard rail. I passed by the R32 before pulling at the side and stepping out of my car. Finally, I took revenge. I casually approached the smoking R32 and opened the car door, seeing the Shiny Greninja inside with a bruise on his head.

I helped the injured Shiny Greninja out of the car and slowly put him on the ground, making him sit against his crashed car. "That was a good one, Ryo. You found out about my weakness, and you used it to your advantage." Oda stated and sighed, looking up at the starry night sky. "You shouldn't have bumped my car like that, and it's only fair for me to get my revenge in a no offensive way. Do you want to return with me to the others so we can sort this crash out?"

The Shiny Greninja nodded and slowly got up on his feet. We went back to my AE86 before driving back to the others, leaving the area of the crash behind for Oda and the others to return to and sort out.

This race was a blast.