Chapter 10: Shingo Shoji

[Ryo's Pov]

I was driving on my AE86 with Aki on the passenger seat, pointing me directions to a new place we're heading to. I was wearing a sweatshirt as I drive on the road. "Why didn't you bring your Levin?" I asked while steering the wheel.

"Wataru said he'll be needing it, and he told me something about a gift for this Christmas."

Oh yeah! It's December and Christmas is just 2 days ahead, and I still can't find my trainer...

We soon arrived at the bottom of Myogi pass with the sky clear and sun shining down on the road. We drove on the pass, studying the roads and the turns before speeding up.

"Hey hey! Ryo! This is Myogi, not Akina! Are you sure about speeding up?" Aki asked, looking a little scared as he held onto the ceiling handle with his paws. There's nothing to be afraid about, I'll just speed up a bit so I can get the feeling of the pass at high speed. I stepped hard on the gas and shifted the gear to five, driving fast on the road and drifting on the turns and hairpins.

Soon we arrived at the top and pulled by the side of the road when two cars arrived and pulled up in front of my car. One is a red Honda Civic SiR-II, and the other is a... Black Nissan Skyline GT-R? The same one I took a race with! The driver of the red Honda Civic SiR-II stepped out of the car and shouted at me.

"Hey! You're blocking the road. We're doing a downhill battle here, and we'd like you to drive off the pass." The guy in red t-shirt said and the other guy of the BNR32 stepped out and calmed him down. Is this the home course of Takeshi Nakazato? Who's this guy in red? The two were talking about something and the guy in red nodded before standing and leaning against his car.

"Is this the same guy from that night?" Aki asked and I nodded. Takeshi approached us and knocked on my car window. I opened the car door and stepped out to meet him. Aki remained inside my car as I talk to Takeshi. "Since you're here now, I'd like a rematch with my team." He stated before calling the guy in red. The person approached me with a glare in his eyes.

"A Pokemon? I never thought that this moment would arrive. Too bad we can't do the Ducttape Death match because you're a Pokemon, and Takeshi doesn't want a Pokemon to be harmed. I'm Shingo Shoji of Myogi local NightKids. Nakazato told me he lost to you back at Akina, and now we'll relive the same moment. This time with me and at our home course! I'll be your opponent for today, so show me what you and your AE86 got!" He stated and I nodded.

"I'm Ryo," I then looked at Takeshi. "Will you handle my little friend for me while I race?" I asked and Takeshi nodded before I turn and looked at Aki who's inside my car. "Aki, you wait with Takeshi while I battle Shingo. Got it?"

Aki nodded and stepped out of my car before approaching Takeshi. "Nice meeting you again." Aki greeted and Takeshi nodded.

I stepped into my car and move it to be parked at the same line of Shingo's EG6. Takeshi walked in front of our cars and started the countdown.

"5," I pressed hard on the gas with the handbrake pulled up, revving the engine.

"4," I glanced at my right and saw Shingo glaring at me with the grin on his face. This guy is giving me bad vibes.

"3, 2, 1! Go!"

I pushed the handbrake and pressed hard on the gas, shifting the gears as I focus on the road. The EG6 got to the lead first, but I won't let you hold it for long! I shifted the gear to four and now slowly overtaking the EG6. Soon I overtook and took the lead, steering left on the corner.

[Shingo's Pov]

I chuckled as the AE86 in front of me take the lead, being not too far ahead of me. This reminds me of the moment I raced against Takumi, but this Pokemon probably isn't as good as him. When will I bump him? Approaching the hairpins, the AE86 drifted first and I followed into the hairpin. Leaving the hairpin, I noticed something. He's getting farther in hairpins, but none of that will beat my VTEC!

[Ryo's Pov]

Approaching another hairpin, I braked and drifted into the hairpin. I glanced at my rear mirror and saw the EG6 getting close to me! What's going on?! The EG6 is dangerously getting close. Leaving the hairpin followed by another, I drifted and I suddenly felt a thud behind my car that lead me to lose control! The car's sliding out and oversteering! I switched between brakes and gas, trying to regain back control over the car. The EG6 overtook me and I finally got back control over my car.

He bumped me, what a jerk! I pressed hard in the gas with the gear on five, tailing him from behind.

[Shingo's Pov]

Nothing beats the good old classic VTEC bump. Now I need to reach the finish line without being overtaken again! I glanced at the rear mirror and saw the AE86 tailing me. How did he regain from that bump so easily?!

[Ryo's Pov]

I need to pass you! Approaching a turn, I braked and drifted. There will be a hairpin after the next turn, and that'll be my ticket way in! Approaching another turn, I drifted with the EG6 slightly slipping off the inner lane, giving me slight advantage.

[Shingo's Pov]

I can't outrun him, but I have too! Entering the hairpin, I braked and drifted. I glanced at the rear mirror and realized something wrong. I looked at my left side mirror and noticed the AE86 going further into the inner lane! That's insane! He's just like Takumi! I can't outrun him, but forcing myself to do so will repeat the same scenario that night I fought against Takumi. I won't risk this. I slowed down, letting the AE86 drive further into the course.

That guy-- No, that Lucario is just as furious as Takumi. What a Pokemon.