Chapter 25: The Yellow EK9

[Ryo's Pov]

It was afternoon, close to evening. I was sitting on my couch when Aki came out of the garage with his head poking out from the door. "Ryo," He called me and I turned to look at him. "I need a few small parts to replace the run down ones on my engine. My engine doesn't sound right when getting started." I got up from my couch and stretched my arms before nodding at him. "Sure, what's these parts you need me to grab?"

"It's a rare one. I remember Uncle Wataru using the same car parts with mine, and he told me about some parts of his engine being bought from a workshop close to Happogahara. Do you mind fetching these for me?" He asked, giving me a paper with the list of engine parts he needed. "Where is this workshop exactly?"

"Oh you know... Somewhere close to Happogahara. Just go ask for directions! Surely the people out there will be kind to a Lucario like you."

I knew it, he doesn't know the place as well.

I sighed. "Fine, but you owe me a block of tofu after you get your car fixed." I immediately went outside and ran to my car before entering and starting the engine with the paper on my paw. I pressed on the gas and drove away to this workshop of Aki's rare engine parts. It was already evening when I arrived at Happogahara. I began asking the people out there for clues and locations for any possible car workshop by the place. I eventually drove into one and parked my car just in front of the establishment before quickly heading inside and showing the man in the cashier the note I have.

But to my disappointment, the man shrugged and returned the note to me, seemingly clueless about the car parts written on the note. I then asked him if there was another workshop nearby, and he nodded. He told me the location of the other workshop, and I immediately ran outside to my car before driving away to this location.

Soon I arrived at this workshop, parking my AE86 in front of the place before quickly heading out of my car and inside the establishment. I immediately walked in front of the cashier with the note in my paw and presenting it to the man behind the counter. The man took the paper and began reading it silently before taking out something from under the desk and putting it on the table.

These are just bolts and nuts, but how was it that it's rare and can't be seen from any car workshop around?

"It'll be a dollar." The man said and I hand him the money before grabbing the bag of bolts and nuts and running back into my car. I checked the time, only to see that it is late in the evening. I have to get hack home quickly, I don't want to keep Aki on waiting for me. I started the car and drove away back home, taking an unfamiliar road. My intuition tells me that this road is a faster route to get back home.

[??? Pov]

"Okay, see ya tomorrow, Sakai." I waved goodbye as Sakai enters his car and drives back to his home, leaving me standing by my Yellow Honda EK9. I sighed as the cold breeze of the night brush against me. Leaves of the trees rustling. I wonder when I'll be getting to battle again. There's not a single interesting racer to battle these days, apart from that one AE86 Lucario who defeated both Takeshi Nakazato, and that one Zeraora of Emperor.

I sighed as I open my car door and went inside to start my car. I'll just go chill inside my car for a few more minutes before I head back home, in hopes for a racer to suddenly drive quickly past me.

I yawned as I stretch my arms, only to be surprised by a Panda AE86 drifting past me. I immediately shifted the gear and pressed hard on the gas, in hopes of catching up to this mysterious car. Finally, a mysterious car. Since we'll be starting this race past first checkpoint from outbound, this'll be fun.