Chapter 24: The black GNX

[Ryo's Pov]

Here I am sitting on my couch, thinking about the battle last night as I chew on a block of fried Tofu for breakfast. The battle last night was something I wasn't expecting.

That night, I was using my driver's eye to turn in the hairpins as perfectly as I could like Rai can with his CP9A, driving just behind my tail. It was close to the end when my driver's eye expired, and that time I felt what he described as a sudden shift in our senses, like a distortion. I felt my senses that time being altered, something... I can't explain, but I immediately got over it and remained my focus, eventually winning the race.

[Rai's Pov]

Then that night, Ryo and I climbed back to the top to meet Kyoichi and announce the result of the race. It was... Shocking. To be beaten by him twice is something I wasn't expecting. As his soon to be mentor, it's something big for me to take. But to my surprise, Kyoichi wasn't disappointed at me for losing the race. He approached me and patted my shoulder. "Rai, you did great. Your opponent is strong, but you did your best." Then that moment happened. I took my leave and left the Emperor.

Thinking all of those while sitting inside my car is exhausting. I have a practice race to take care of today, which is why I'm at Tsukuba. I'll be doing a practice race with Yami soon. Let this be the starting point for my training to defeat Ryo.

[Ryo's Pov]

"Ryo! Have you finished the tofu I fried for you?" I was awoken from my thoughts by Aki's voice.

"Yes!" I replied, realizing just now what he's doing. He's in our garage, grooming our cars and replacing their wheels. I got up from the couch and went inside the garage to see Aki standing by his car, recently finishing to replace the wheels of both of cars.

"Are we going to have a practice race? I wanna try this driver's eye you're talking about." He asked while wiping the hood of his Levin with a cloth. Ah, yes, his driver's eye. I told him about it that day he finished racing against Seiji. He was all confused about it, and still confused up until today. I have to teach him about how to use it, and having a practice race against him will be useless. I'll just train him by watching him driving from the passenger seat.

"Aki, I've decided! I'll watch over you as you drive down Akina today!"

[Itsuki's Pov]

Working at the gas station with Takumi under the hot sun, I can't help but realize this cool looking car. Abandoning my duty for a bit, I approached this blue car just parked by the gas station. It's big and fascinating! It's bigger than my AE85! Is this a truck? I went over to the front and the logo of the car is printed on it's huge bumper. "Fo... Fo..." Then all of a sudden, I heard the voice of Yuichi Tachibana calling for my name. I looked around and saw him approaching me.

"Hey! Itsuki! Why are you just standing there? I told you to arrange the tires at the-" His sentence was cut off by noticing the blue car in front of me. He was surprised as well. Seeing a car this big will turn heads, especially car enthusiasts. "Is this your car, Mr. Yuichi?" I asked and he shook his head. "Absolutely not! An old guy like me can't have a car this good!"

He chuckled before walking close to the car and examining it. "What is this? It's an unusual built car. The color is blue, and it's shiny. The car is twice as big from every other cars. What's the car brand of this?" Yuichi stepped onto the front with me and began to read the car's logo on the bumper. "Fo... Fo... Ford?"

[Takumi's Pov]

I sighed as I watch the two from here, examining the big weird blue car parked at the other side of the gas station. I turned my head back to the road, waiting for any interesting car as I hold the water hose close, spraying the water all over the floor. It was getting boring, but it was broken when an AE86 Levin drove past the gas station. The car design was similar to Wataru's. Is this the car of Wataru?