Chapter 52: Ryo vs Satoshi Omiya

[??? Pov]

Sitting on my chair, I was busy with browsing through my phone contacts when our chief mechanic casually approached me. "Hey there, I heard that there's a battle in Yabitsu about our rival team having a battle against what it appears to be a group of Pokemon."

This caught my attention, lowering my phone to look at our chief mechanic of our street racing team. "Are you serious? Team 246 having a Pokemon battle?" I asked, confused with that he just told me.

"No, they're having a street racing battle against a group of Professional Pokemon street racers."

This is something new. I haven't seen or heard of a group of Pokemon who drives cars challenge the Team 246. I know Team 246 doesn't accept challenges who comes from street racing teams that aren't popular or professional, but this one's different. If the Team 246 accepted their challenge, then it seems this group of Pokemon are skilled enough to convince Satoshi Omiya into battling them. I have a feeling that they will be battling the R.T. Katagiri S.V. next.

I stood up from my chair and let out a long sigh. "Let's conduct a research on this group of Pokemon."

[Ryo's Pov]

With our cars ready for battle at the top of Yabitsu, I was inside my AE86 Trueno getting myself ready when Rai approached and knocked on my car window. I lowered the car window to let him speak.

"Now for the down hill race. Your opponent will be Satoshi Omiya with his heavily tuned NB8C. He chose to be the chaser this time, unlike before with their battle against Project D. Your best course of action will be to remain on the lead as much as possible and not make a single mistake, as overtaking to get back the lead with the amount of merging lane points on Yabitsu is nearly impossible. I would advise you to use your driver's eye, but you did tell me that your trainer doesn't want you to use your driver's, so you'll have to rely on skills instead. You can't use your blind attack here, as you will be on the lead. Again, your best bet will be to protect the lead for the duration of the race and not make a mistake. Good luck." Rai stepped away from my car and I brought the car window back up before holding onto the steering wheel, letting out a long sigh. I can do this. As long as I remain calm and focus, I won't lose the race.

Chase stepped in front and began the countdown.

[Omiya's Pov]

"5!" This reminds me of my battle against Takumi.

"4!" It feels like I'm reliving it, except I'm the chaser this time.

"3!" By choosing to be the chaser, I can focus more.

"2!" I can observe the opponent from behind, and make a move.

"1!" Here it goes.

"Go!"

I pressed hard on the gas, switching gears as I hold firmly onto the steering wheel. From here, I can watch and observe Ryo and his AE86 Trueno. I'm sure of myself that I can win against him.

[Ryo's Pov]

With myself on the lead, I glanced at my rear view mirror to see the NB8C behind me, tailing me from behind. I wonder how well Satoshi Omiya will do. Rai only advised me to stay on the lead as much as possible, and to not make any mistakes. My eyes widened as we approach a merging point on the road. I know Yabitsu is filled with one lane roads, but I didn't expected it to be this early. I have to remain focused. I pressed hard on the gas, entering the narrow one lane corners fast.

[Omiya's Pov]

Impressive. The AE86 Trueno is doing good so far with cornering speeds on the narrow portions of the touge. Although be warned, don't let the long merging points of Yabitsu consume your confidence, because that will be your demise. I switched gears and pressed hard on the gas, keeping my pace as I tail the AE86 Trueno on the one lane road.