Chapter 26: Happogahara

[Aki's Pov]

Here I am, sitting on the couch with Ryo still asleep on his bed. I sighed as I recalled what happened last night. I was standing by the door when he got back home. I quicky rushed to him as he gets out the car before hugging him tight. He told me something about being chased into an impromptu race, which made him very exhausted. He said he was chased by a Yellow Honda EK9. I immediately put him to bed that night before heading to the garage with the engine parts and repairing my AE86's engine. It took me an hour before yawning and sleeping on the couch, bringing me to here.

I sighed again before getting up and stretching my arms. I recall an EK9 being a car of the famous Todo School of Happogahara. Could it be that he was chased by their inbound specialist on their home course?

[Sakai's Pov]

It was morning as I stood by the side of the road with my DC2 parked by, enjoying the morning breeze and waiting for Daiki. It's taking long for him this time. Did he got into a race last night? He's usually late to arrive at day when he got into one. Out of nowhere, I heard a car engine roar beside me, a yellow EK9 passing by before stopping just in front of my DC2.

The driver got off from the car, revealing to be Daiki and approaching me. "What took you so long?" I asked and he groaned.

"I went into an impromptu race with a mysterious AE86, and I lost to it."

Ohh? Did he just lose to another AE86? "Don't be mad, at least you had fun. I'm sure you'll get your revenge back." I say before suddenly a thought went in my head. How was the mysterious AE86 able to defeat him?

"Daiki, how was the AE86 able to defeat you?" I asked curiously.

"They were able to defeat me by the 3rd checkpoint, overtaking me after I overtook then. The driver's eyes glowed blue before they overtook me."

Huh, it sounds familiar. The mysterious car has the same ability as to our new member, Yami. Both of us are driving a DC2, but he was able to overtake me on a battle using his ability called driver's eye. I don't know what's up with his driver's eye that makes him insanely fast on corners. If that mysterious car returns to battle us again, I'll make sure to present Yami to this guy since both of them uses driver's eye, tho I do not know where he is right now. That Shiny Lucario is always away.

[Aki's Pov]

I was currently on my AE86, bringing it to a test drive with the thought still in my head.

I can't get it off my head. He was challenged to an impromptu race in a middle of an errand. I feel terrible for him. I want to at least get back to him. What if I battle one of the Todo School drivers for him? They still have that DC2 left anyway.

I smiled, finally having a goal in mind before shifting the gears and pressing hard on the gas, driving away to Happogahara to battle the DC2 of Todo School.

[Daiki's Pov]

Tch! I still can't believe that I was defeated by an AE86 on an impromptu match. It's boiling my blood with anger. I have to take my revenge on that AE86.

Then all of a sudden, I noticed an AE86 driving down the road before stopping close to us.

Is this the same driver from last night?

The driver of the car went out of the vehicle, revealing to be a Cinderace.

A Pokemon driving a car? I can't believe what I'm seeing! I'm glad this one's safe. Pokemon are illegal to drive cars, but the authorities haven't done an action to prevent it due to the amount of Pokemon being ran to an errand by their trainers, classifying them as legal.

The Cinderace approached us and reached out his paw, clearly wanting something from us. "Hello there. I heard that one of you were defeated by an AE86 last night."

Wait, how come does he know that I've been defeated by a mysterious AE86? Unless...

"That was me." I said, raising my hand in confirmation.

"The driver of that car was my friend Lucario. He was running an errand that time when you jumped in and began to chase him."

"Ohh, my apologies. I didn't know he was busy when I started the impromptu race." What is this Cinderace trying to say? Since he has mentioned about his friend Lucario actually being the one who defeated me last night, I'll be able to contact that Lucario again for a rematch. It's still surprising to know that both of them are drivers of their own cars.

"That's why I came here to battle the DC2 of Todo School with my AE86 Turbo." My eyes widened in surprise! Even Sakai is surprised for someone to come up and battle an Inbound specialist with an AE86 Turbo, let alone the driver being a Cinderace!

[Sakai's Pov]

I looked at the Cinderace with my arms crossed before smirking at it. "If that's what you want, then so be it. I haven't had any races in a while, so you're lucky. You'll be the second Pokemon to witness my driving technique. My name is Smiley Sakai, what's yours?" I asked, reaching out my hand and grabbing his paw before shaking it.

"Aki. Driver of an AE86 Turbo." The Cinderace replied, shaking my hand back with his paw.

"Now that's settled. When will you like to battle me?"

"Now."

"I'm looking forward to our battle."

[Ryo's Pov]

I was awoken by a terrible dream. The dream of having Aki race without me beside him. I immediately got up and ran out of my room to check up on Aki, but he can't be seen around. I checked the garage, only to see his car not being there. "Oh no! I have to find him." I said to myself, grabbing my car keys from the shelf and opening the car door before heading inside. "The last place he'll be going will be at Happogahara, the course that I was chased by an EK9. I have to get there. I have to be there whenever he races."