Chapter 1: Down the Hill!

After several quick corners and hairpins, we finally arrived at the top where we pulled by the parking lot to take a break. I was panting in terror and amazement all at the same time. It's already dark when we reached the top. Aki was looking at me, giggling before speaking to me.

"Your turn!" He stated before stepping off the car and opening the passenger door. "Move to the driver seat. Don't worry, I'll guide you through this. I'll be telling you when's the corners and hairpins."

I was too shocked to speak and I just nodded at him before moving to the driver seat. He then sat on the passenger seat beside me and closed the door before looking at me. "You do remember which is which, right?"

I nodded and tried to calm myself down before turning the car key and holding the steering wheel, starting the car. Let's do this! We left the parking lot and I began the downhill attack. Driving this car gives me a flashback of the times I had with my trainer, and I certainly remembered one of the days he drove down the hill with me, drifting at corners.

I remembered that early morning where we drove here and he thought me how to drive. The drifts he was doing fascinated me, and it pushed me to ask him how he does it. Of course, my trainer being a good man, he agreed and thought me how to.

"R-Ryo! Corner!!"

I was startled and snapped out of the flashback when my friend shouted at me. I didn't even noticed the first turn! I immediately steered slightly to the left followed by a straight.

"Ryo, focus! You told me you drove before, shouldn't this be easy for you?"

Okay, I gotta focus, but having that flashback definitely got an effect on me. It boosted my confidence! Alright, the next turn is in front of me. Here goes!

I switched the gear to 5 and stepped on the gas before turning right followed by a straight.

"H-Hey! Isn't this a little too fast?"

I took a glance at Aki as I straighten the wheel. He was sweating and he's seriously focused on the road while holding firmly on the handle just above the car door. I smirked and focused back on the road, approaching a turn?

"I-It's a hairpin! Slow down so you don't oversteer!"

Judging from how my trainer drove our car that day, I can definitely replicate it. I remembered how he sets his footing when drifting that day. Clutch, lower gear, brake, steer, gas, that's how he did that time. I pressed the clutch and switched to fourth gear, entering the hairpin and drifting.

"R-Ryo!! You entered too fast--!!"

Eh? What's he talking about? The car's completely drifting the hairpin without oversteering! I steered as I step on the gas and brakes before leaving the hairpin smoothly. I took a glance at Aki and he was staring at me, sweating heavily.

"W-Who thought you to drive?! I've never seen someone attack a hairpin like that! Please don't scratch or crash the car! Please slow down--!"

"Now you told me about it. I forgot to do something." I said and switched the gear to 5 before stepping on the gas, approaching the turn.

"Slow down!!"

I braked and lowered the gear before steering the turns smoothly followed by a hairpin. I sped up a bit before braking and entering the hairpin, steering and drifting.

"It's a hairpin!!"

I steered as I throttle and brake before leaving the hairpin followed by a straight, shifting the gear to 5 and doing full throttle. This feeling, why does it feel normal to me? I'm driving fast yet I don't feel anxious. I'm attacking the corners and hairpins fast yet I don't feel nervous. What's worse is it's dark! What is this feeling?

"T-Two hairpins ahead!!"

I'm getting the hang of the road. I think I remember the next corners and hairpins based off of the flashbacks I'm having. I braked and lowered the gear before entering the hairpin and drifting followed by another hairpin and drifting fast.

"Too fast!!"

I left the hairpin and shifted the gear higher before stepping on the gas, continuing like nothing ever happened.

[??? Pov]

I slowed down and parked by the side of the road of the down hill pass. I opened the car with my yellow cat paws and stepped out of the car with the cold breeze of the night welcoming me. I'm glad I'm wearing my black jacket that I bought last week. Just a few more weeks and the snow will fall down, and I can't wait for my car to be covered in snow. I turned around and saw my white fascinating Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.

I turned around to look at the moon before suddenly hearing engine revving coming from the top of the hill. I turned around and saw the headlights of the approaching car lighting up the road. I looked closely and there I saw a Toyota Levin AE86 driving fast down the road. Now I wonder who's the driver of that panda Levin. I can't wait to battle this.

[Ryo's Pov]

"The Five hairpins!!"

I nodded and braked before shifting the gear down and entering the hairpin, drifting followed by another hairpin and another more.

"Ryo!!"

We soon arrived at the bottom of the mountain and pulled by the parking lot just after the hill. I looked at Aki and he was staring at me, frightened to make even a single move. Looks like he was broken by my driving. I patted his shoulder and he snapped out of the trance before frowning at me.

"What was that?!" He snarled at me and I backed off before calming him down.

"Sorry, I just got into the moment of driving. How did I do?" I asked and he opened his mouth, about to say something when he paused and gve a sigh.

"You did terribly great. You were attacking the hairpins like you drove them every single day! What's crazy is you were driving for the first time after years, yet you're still able to do so! What are you?"

... Am I a student of a legend?