Chapter 37: Aki vs Aikawa

[Joshima's Pov]

Here I am, standing by the start of the Uphill section of the roads of Tsuchisaka while I wait for the two to finish practicing the racing course of Tsuchisaka. I have my phone held close to my ear as I tried to call someone, before seeing the same CP9A that challenged my Lucario on his S15 practice. I lowered my phone as the CP9A pulled by close to me. The Zeraora stepped out of the car and approached me before bringing his paw out close to me. "I am Rai, Ryo's friend. I've been wanting to meet you ever since I heard the news that Ryo found his trainer."

I shook his paw and nodded at him. "Lucky to find out that you have a phone, and you gave your number to Ryo. Unfortunately Ryo doesn't have a phone before and only got his now. The reason I wanted to call you was Ryo, and possibly Aki, needed someone to guide them on their journey to battle their next opponents. They'll be battling the Lan Evo street racers of Tsuchisaka, and I want you to watch over them. If Project D has Ryosuke Takahashi as their guide, then I want you to be Ryo's and Aki's guide. Can you do that?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yes sir. To be honest, I've been wanting to ask you if I could be Ryo's and Aki's teacher to watch them over. It seems both of us had the same idea."

"Their battle against the Lan Evo starts tomorrow night. Get them ready. Oh, and before you go, when you're alone with Ichijo, ask him about his involvement with the broken AE86. Don't tell about this to Ryo or Aki yet."

[Ryo's Pov]

It's the night of the battle, and Rai, Aki, and I arrived at Tsuchisaka where the Lan Evo team were waiting for us. We pulled by the road and stepped out of our vehicles. My trainer apparently knew that the Lan Evo team will be appearing tonight, unless my trainer called them and told them that someone will be battling them tonight. One of the drivers of the Lan Evo approached us and glared at me before smirking. "I presume you're the ones that that random person told us about. You're challenging us to a battle on Tsuchisaka, correct?"

I nodded and brought out my paw to him. "Ryo, downhill specialist, driver of S15."

His eyes suddenly widened before shaking my paw. "Ryo, huh. Ichijo, downhill specialist, driver of CP9A."

[Ichijo's Pov]

Is this the same Ryo that I heard who's a friend of that Aki? No, it can't be. I released his paw before turning to look at Ichijo who's standing beside me and turning to look at the Cinderace standing by Aki. I began to sweat as I worry about the possibility that the Cinderace beside him will be the same Cinderace that my friend is talking about. "Ichijo, uphill specialist, driver of CP9A."

"I'm Aki, uphill specialist, driver of an AE86 Levin."

My eyes widened in terror in realization, finding out that it's the same Cinderace my friend hated. "A-Aki? I see." He turned to look at me before making a gesture and walking away to our cars. I followed him and saw him glancing at the two before looking at me, a frown on his face. "What the fuck was that? That's the same Aki that I despise of. He's the reason my friend is in prison! I told you last week to get rid of his AE86 as a revenge, but how come does his AE86 all working fine like nothing even happened?"

"I-I have no idea! You know what, let's battle them first before we deal with this. Go face Aki for now while I look for a way to get ourselves to win this battle." I stated before bringing out my phone and began to dial someone I know. I can hear from the distance that Aikawa is there warning Aki about their battle being deadly.

"Hello?" Ah, finally, my little friend answered my call.

"I'd like to order a can of gasoline."

[Aki's Pov]

I entered my AE86 Levin as Aikawa entered his CP9A. Aikawa chose to be the runner, while I settled for the chaser. We readied our cars for the start of the race when suddenly, Rai knocked on my car window. I lowered the window and he giggled.

"As your new racing guide, I'll be helping you with some techniques that I've researched about the Lan Evo and your opponent. Based on my research, Aikawa is a fool when driving against an opponent. He'll do anything to win the race. But keep in mind, he doesn't have much skills. Since there could still be a road barrier by the side of the road by the section two of uphill, you could use this to your advantage. I advise you to use your driver's eye to catch up on the corners all the way to the section three. If done correctly, you'll be exiting the rough corners side by side. Remember to exit the sharp corner on the last rough corners on the outside as soon as possible, since the road barrier is on the right lane. If done correctly, he'll brake and be forced to chase you. Maintain the lead afterwards, got it?"

I nodded and smiled at him before looking at the front where my opponent sits, revving his engine. Since this battle was Ryo's trainer's idea, I shouldn't lose and make him and his trainer proud. I closed the car window and Rai went in front before starting the countdown.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Go!"

The CP9A in front of me started to move as I press on the gas, shifting gears with my paw on the wheel and the other on the gearbox. This is going to be a rough battle!

[Rai's Pov]

Phew, that was a start. I noticed Ryo standing by his S15, holding his phone. I looked at Ichijo, the man that Mr. Joshima told me to interview about a broken AE86. I approached him before calling him. "You are Ichijo, correct?" I asked and he nodded. "Yes that is correct, and you are?"

"I'm Rai, Ryo and Aki's new driving mentor." I stated and he chuckled. "Never knew there are some Pokemon in this world that are trying to take on the steps of Project D. What do you want?"

"I want to ask you about the broken AE86."

[Aki's Pov]

This is it, the rough turns and corners. Here we go! I grab hold onto the gearbox as I ready myself on the rough corners of the first section. I pressed a few brakes in each turns, and the CP9A seems to be doing the same thing. He isn't accelerating away from me, yet I'm not slowing down to lose him. I just have to follow Rai's advice and I'll be able to overtake him and get away. Approaching the sharp corner, I immediately closed my eyes and activated my driver's eye, enhancing my perception and control over my AE86 Levin.

Let's do this!

With my driver's eye, I pressed hard on the gas before braking perfectly and shifting gears. I entered the sharp corner and drifted into it as flawless as possible. I realized that the CP9A in front of me was slipping a bit into the outer lane. This is the spot! I pressed a bit on the gas, making me drift into the sharp corner quicker with the CP9A on the outer lane. AE86, let's go! We both left the sharp corner side to side. Now I must keep it side to side like Rai said, and the CP9A should be in a difficult spot. With my AE86 on the left lane and the CP9A, I pressed hard on the gas, trying to keep up with the CP9A.

[Aikawa's Pov]

Shimata! Don't tell me he's doing the same thing as Keisuke! Move! I'm going to crash on the construction barrier! Before reaching the construction barrier, I braked, letting the AE86 take the lead and run away from me as I try to follow him from behind. Kuso! I need to win! I need to win! This fucking Aki! I pressed hard on the gas, trying to catch up when I turned right and realized that I did something wrong. The rear wheels slid off because of the speed, oversteering!

[Aki's Pov]

I glanced at my rear mirror, seeing the CP9A behind me disappear into the roads of Tsuchisaka. Hmph! I should claim the victory, thank you Rai.