Chapter 8: Two Guys from Tokyo

[Ryo's Pov]

This is it, the night of fire. We were chilling at the coffee shop, waiting for dusk while drinking our coffee when Aki slammed his paw on the table. "Damn it! I thought this vacation is going to be a free day for us from all the street races we had, but apparently it isn't and still there's one that wants us to race."

"Calm down, we'll show them what your car is worth. It's a Levin AE86 after all, plus your trainer mentioned it being turbo." I stated and Aki's eyes widened before tilting his head.

"Turbo? What do you mean?" He asked in confusion while holding his cup of coffee.

"Your car is meant to accelerate more power, which makes it good for straight roads and uphills. Since we are driving on a circuit, your car is on advantage. Do you want me to drive so I can show you how it works?" I asked and he nodded before I quickly shook my head.

"Nevermind, we're driving on a circuit which is easy enough for you to learn how the turbo works on your first run. I'll be by your side anyway to watch over you. Deal?"

He nodded and finished his cup of coffee before looking outside through the mirror. I looked outside too and noticed that it's already dark. We stood up and went outside before seeing a White Silvia spec-R S15 pull in front of us and the driver's window pulling down to reveal the same guy in red shirt with the blue shirt guy that insulted us hours ago.

"Hey car thief! Are you ready?" They giggled and pointed at Aki's AE86. "We will beat that Levin in our circuit!"

"Quit--!" Aki suddenly grasp my shoulder and patted. "Don't, I'll take care of this as quick as possible." He stated and I slowly nodded before walking to his Levin AE86 and stepping inside. He started the engine and pulled by the side S15.

"This will be the starting point. Two laps, first to finish wins!" The guy in red stated before driving off without any warning.

[Aki's Pov]

Jerks! I quickly shifted the gear up and stepped on the gas, moving the car to follow up with them. These guys are insane with their insults, plus we didn't had a countdown and they started abruptly. I have to win this!

[Otaku 1's Pov]

I smirked as I take a glance on my rear mirror. The AE86 is falling behind, am I really this fast? Maybe, or probably the driver of that AE86 doesn't know how to even handle his stolen car. This is my home course, and no one can beat me here!

"Looks like you're faster than them, this race is useless." My friend stated and I giggled.

"It's not the race that's useless, it's the car chasing us is."

[Aki's Pov]

Damn it! They're widening the gap! I must catch up or else I'll lose to those jerks! "Don't forget that this car has a turbocharger, and you'll catch up when you push the car." Ryo stated and I nodded before shifting the gear to five and pressing hard on the gas.

There's an approaching corner, and I noticed something. The S15 is braking hard before entering corners in maximum speeds. An understeer can happen when the tires are worn out, that's the time I'll attack! I followed into the corner with high-speed and realized that the gap is shortening. I'll catch up with you!

[Otaku 1's Pov]

A light shined through my rear mirror and I took a glanced before realizing that the AE86 is on my tail! "The AE86 caught up, but we're not going to lose to a crappy car!" I stated before pressing hard on the gas with the gear shifted to five.

[Ryo's Pov]

We just passed the first lap, and Aki's driving seems different. It's like he's got himself into the feeling of the car. His eyes are remaining on the road, and his paw constantly shifts gears. He's improving.

[Otaku 1's Pov]

"EXTREME ULTRA SUPER LATE BRAKING!!"

[Ryo's Pov]

With the S15 in front of us and approaching the corner, the S15 braked hard again which lead Aki to overtake them and brake just before entering the corner and drifting.

[Aki's Pov]

This is it! I overtook them and now I'm on the lead! Now I'll just have to reach the finish line to be the first! Leaving the turn, I shifted the gear up and pressed hard on the gas. "Let's go!!"

[Otaku 1's Pov]

Kuso!! He passed me! It's not yet done! This is my home course, and I won't let you win!

"The AE86 just passed us, am I seeing all this right?" My friend asked and I shook my head. No, I won't let this happen! Not in my home course!

[Ryo's Pov]

I glanced at the rear mirror and noticed that the S15 is falling behind. Is Aki really improving? He's maneuvering the car much faster than the time he drove uphill of Akina pass. It is understandable that he drove the car slower that time from not knowing the car's abilities and him not excelling at hairpins yet, but it's exceptional for him to learn about the car's abilities quickly all in one run. Is he taking what I've said seriously?

Soon we reached the finish line first and we pulled by the side of the coffee shop to rest followed by the S15 finishing and parking next to us. We stepped out and the two immediately exclaimed.

"Whaaaaat?! I lost!"

"I lost because you were talking to me!"

"What?!"

"If I'd given it my all, there'd be no way I'd have lost. I couldn't concentrate, that's why I lost!"

"But you were talking too..."

"Anyway, it's getting late. I'm gonna go..."

"We apologise for our insults, and apologising for claiming that this is our home course. The truth is we came from Tokyo to visit Akina again for another fun, and we're just staying by an inn. We were being arrogant."

Hmph, the two finally took back what they've said.