Chapter 30: God Foot

[Ryo's Pov]

Under the street lights of the dark night, I was on the driver's seat of my car, driving my way to Tsukuba. Tsukuba, the mountain pass that the Purple Shadow owns. Takumi told me that a man of Purple Shadow matches my trainer's characteristics, even my driving skills. I don't know what to feel about meeting my trainer. It's been so long since I've last seen him. Here I am, driving on the road with Takumi's AE86 in front, guiding the directions with Aki's AE86 Levin behind me.

We soon arrived and we're met by a man in his 40s, standing on the road with his Honda S2000 on the side. Takumi stopped his AE86 just behind the S2000 before stepping out to greet the man. I parked my car behind Takumi's and stepped out to greet the man with Takumi. The man was in his 40s, wearing glasses. It reminds me of how my trainer looks. I approached the man with Aki and his eyes immediately widened, almost as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Hello there, my name is Ryo." I introduced myself and he chuckled.

"Pokemon these days are something. First was this news report about Pokemon being seen driving cars, then a Pokemon approaching me to have a race. Based off of how Takumi is with you two, I believe both of you wanted to have a race with me, correct?"

I was about to reply when a Green Nissan R34 pulled by the side of the road and a man in his 40s stepped out of the car, approaching the man before looking at us. "Oh? Takumi, and 2 Pokemon. Did you 2 came for a visit and race?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"Since there's 2 of you and Toshiya with me, we both accept the challenge. My name is Kozo Hoshino, driver of the R34 and the uphill specialist of Purple Shadow."

I can't believe how some people are really dedicated to street racing to the point they carried it to their late days. I'm not here for just fun, I'm also here for my trainer.

"My name is Toshiya Joshima, downhill specialist and driver of the AP1."

Mr. Toshiya Joshima, the man who matches my trainer's characteristics. It's been almost a year since my trainer and I got separated. I hope the person that I was looking for is this man.

[Yami's Pov]

"I knew it. Ryo and Aki will be heading to Tsukuba to battle the Purple Shadow after battling Todo School." I said to myself as I was standing by my car from a far, watching the two Pokemon have a conversation with Purple Shadow.

This is my last resort, I'll have to call Oda, the Pokemon that drives an AP1 and an R32. He's a lonely driver, but his skills are deadlier than mine. Hopeful Oda is enough to defeat Ryo, otherwise I have no choice but to take matters to my own paws.

I pulled up my phone and began to dial Oda's number as I watch Aki enter his AE86 and Hoshino enter his R34. The phone began to dial and soon the call was picked up. "Hello, Yami."

[Aki's Pov]

A man that can drift an R34? That's impossible to happen! I haven't seen someone drift an R34! I wonder how this battle is going to look like.

Takumi stepped forward and began to do the countdown for our race, a race of an AE86 Levin against an R34.

"5" I glanced at the R34 beside my car. I can see Hoshino having a serious look on his face.

"4" I grasped the steering wheel and pressed on the gas with the handbrake pulled up, revving my engine for the race.

"3" This is an unbalanced race in terms of power, but does Power really matter at this race?

"2"

"1"

"Go!" I released the handbrake and immediately pressed hard on the gas, shifting the gear up to try and the take the lead, but I was late and the R34 took the lead first with my car on it's tail.