Chapter 19: Usui

[Ryo's Pov]
Sitting on my bed pillow as I stare through the window, I sighed as the morning rays of the sun hit my face. The clouds clear and the surrounding clean, it's been days since my race with Keisuke Takahashi and his FD3S. There's not much any racing activities due to the thick snow being an obstacle on the road in the past few days, but now that the winter has come to a halt, the road is clean for drifting again.

Aki has finally come to his senses. He feels better and cheerful now. He even decided to move in my house yesterday. I explained to him that it'll make his trainer worry, but Wataru agreed to him anyway, saying that he's old enough to move out.

The snow's gone, and the road is clear, it's time for us to have our first practice race in a while. I was startled by a knock on the door of my room. The door slowly opened and a cute Cinderace peeked out. "Ryo, breakfast is ready!"

I smiled before getting up and heading to the living room with him. We sat down on the couch and began eating our breakfast while we chat. I was halfway through my pancake when someone knocked on the front door. I quickly got up and answered the door, opening it before being met by Aki's trainer, Wataru.

"Wataru? What brings you here?" I asked and he smiled.

"Since it's spring now, who wants to head to Usui with me? I'm heading there to eat on one of my favorite restaurants."

Is he inviting us to eat with him?

"Sure!!" Aki replied excitedly behind me. I turned around to look at him and he was already cleaning our plates of unfinished breakfast. Wataru chuckled and tapped my shoulder. "I'll be waiting in my car. Make sure you bring your cars, because we'll be drifting there in the night."

Wait, he's also inviting us to a race? Wow, I can't believe he's be doing so immediately just after the snow's clearing.

[??? Pov]

Sitting on a bar stool behind the counter, I rested my cold cyan paws on the counter as I wait for more customers to come in the restaurant, specifically Pokemon. There are a few people and Pokemon on the tables, eating their early meal for the morning. My friend at the back was cooking and preparing meals for our customers, multitasking as quick as possible, which is what she's good at.

She soon arrived with the order and I got off my bar stool. She placed the order on my back and I slid my way to the customer with my slippery icy cold hind paws. I was busy serving the customers when Pokemon went inside the restaurant. I turned to look and saw a Shiny Lucario and a Zeraora wearing a jacket, both looking at me, one with a glare in their eyes.

[Rai's Pov]

We were both met by a Glaceon serving customers. The Glaceon immediately ran back to the counter and readied herself, expecting us to approach and ask for orders. "Is she the one you saw who drove a modified Nissan 180sx that night on snow?"

"She was with the driver of the car. A Leafeon was the driver of the car. We're in the right place."

For the first time Yami replied instantly to what I just said. He normally doesn't do this, unless he's into his 'driving urge', or he has something planned in his head that he really wants to achieve as quick as possible. Is he planning to battle this mysterious drifter who drifts a modified Nissan 180sx?

We approach the Glaceon behind the cashier and she greeted us with a cute smile.

[Glaceon's Pov]

"Hello, may I take your orders?" I politely asked them and they both just stood there, staring at me. This is giving me bad vibes. I was about to leave my seat when one of them spoke out.

"Sorry for the awkward silence. My friend right here doesn't know how to order, and I was taking my time picking our orders."

I sighed in relief, knowing that they aren't here for anything bad. The Zeraora was taking his time choosing their orders when suddenly, the Shiny Lucario spoken out to me.

"Let's get straight to the point. You're one of the drivers of this Sileighty similar to the one driven by Mako and Sayuki, am I correct?"

My eyes widened in surprise. How did they recognize me if I was on the passenger seat beside the driver seat?! "Yes, that is correct. I was on the passenger seat of the car."

"So it is true," He paused for a bit, looking closely at me. "I challenge you both into a race on your home course, Usui pass."

Did he just said that right? This Shiny Lucario wanted to race against the Sileighty of Pokemon.

[Rai's Pov]

I knew it. Yami wants to race against the Sileighty from the very start we set foot on this restaurant. This is going to be an interesting battle. A DC2 against an RPS13. One driver against two.

"My name is Yama, driver of DC2. I challenge you to a race on your home course tonight."

Suddenly, the Glaceon hopped off her seat and quickly went to the kitchen. It took a minute before she finally returns with a Leafeon beside her, approaching us.

The Glaceon introduced herself first. "My name is Yuki, the navigator of Sileighty."

"My name is Haru, driver of Sileighty." The Leafeon introduced next.

"I look forward to our-"

Yami was interrupted when the door of the restaurant opened. I turned around to look and saw three familiar faces.

[Ryo's Pov]

What the-? Rai was standing by the counter of the restaurant along with a Shiny Lucario. The Shiny Lucario was glaring at me, menacingly.

[Yuki's Pov]

Nani?! Is this the same Lucario who defeated Takeshi Nakazato? This is a rare occasion to occur! "Haru!! Let's race against him!"

"Eh?" She turned around to look at me, confusion painted on her face. "Who?"

Oh mu God! Can't she notice the Lucario?! "That Lucario by the front door! His name is Ryo, the Lucario who defeated Takeshi Nakazato!"

[Rai's Pov]

This certainly has become interesting. Yami wanting to battle the Sileighty. One of the drivers of Sileighty wanting to battle Ryo.

This will be a fun night.