Chapter 47: Chase, Eunos Roadster NA6CE

[Rai's Pov]

Standing by my CP9A under the night sky, I sighed as I watch Ryo, Aki, and Chase having a conversation together with Toru and Atsuro standing far from them. I took out my phone from my jacket pocket and began to dial Ryo's trainer. Eventually, the call is answered. "Hello Mr. Joshima. Tonight we will be battling against the Seven Star Leaf here at Momiji."

[Joshima's Pov]

My eyes widened, realizing that they're now battling the Seven Star Leaf. I stood up from my office chair, looking through the window behind me. "I heard that Toru Suetsugu quit street racing, so how come are you going to battle the Seven Star Leaf?" I asked, curious as to how and what the plans of the Seven Star Leaf are.

"Toru Suetsugu has a Pokemon who knows and does street racing, and his Pokemon is driving the Eunos Roadster NA6CE they previously just bought. Ryo will be battling that Pokemon." Rai replied and I held my hand on my chin, thinking about the roads of Momiji.

"Go tell Ryo to do the weight transfer on the uncovered gutters, and rely on skills. It is impossible to do the gutter run on Momiji. That's all." I stated before hanging up the call and returning back to my office desk, reading through my patient records like usual.

[Rai's Pov]

I lowered my phone as I watch the NA6CE pulled in front of the AE86. It seems that Chase chose to be the lead on their battle. I placed my phone back in my jacket pocket and went to the AE86, standing by the driver's window. The window was pulled down and I nodded at Ryo.

[Ryo's Pov]

"Based on my speculations, Chase will be driving the same as Toru since it is possible that Toru taught Chase how to drive an NA6CE on Momiji. Chase will definitely be driving fast, considering this is their home course after all. Momiji is a Touge with an available five uncovered gutters that can be used to your aid to turn right fast. You can use this to overtake him, unless he knows about the uncovered gutters too. You'll have to tail him throughout the first section of Momiji downhill until mid half of the second section. Once you get there, you'll use the uncovered gutters to your advantage and possibly even overtake him. Your trainer also told me yo use weight transferring against Chase, implying that he wants you to use the gutters to your advantage. I also did an early research yesterday about the NA6CE, and I found out that it understeers a bit. Use that to your advantage. Good luck."

That's a lot of words he just spoke out at me, and I can't even take it all in. One thing for sure, is that I'll use the uncovered gutters to my advantage! I nodded and Rai walked away from my AE86 and stepped in front of us both, starting the countdown of the race.

"5!" I stare at the NA6CE in front me, watching it closely from behind.

"4!" Finally, a battle against another Pokemon.

"3!" It's been a while since I had a battle with a Pokemon.

"2!" More so it's a shiny Cinderace on a Mazda Eunos Roadster NA6CE.

"1!" I pressed hard on the gas, revving my car's engine. Let's do this!

"Go!" I brought the handbrake down and I shifted gears, pressing hard on the gas as the car in front of me moves, taking the lead.

[Chase's Pov]

I glanced at the rear view mirror as I smile in joy, finally being able to race someone who raced me back then with my Black GNX. Approaching a corner, I turned left as I glanced at the rear view mirror again, watching the AE86 Trueno behind me drive and chase me from behind as I turn right. I wasn't expecting this at first, that it will be the same Lucario from months ago that I will be battling against tonight. I feel a sudden urge to to drive effortlessly on these corners because of this! Approaching a corner, I turned left, holding firmly on the steering wheel.

[Ryo's Pov]

Watching the NA6CE from behind, I realized how different they are from the previous opponents I have defeated. He's fast! Rai told me that is understeers a bit, but Chase is doing a good job with the throttle control of his NA6CE. Maybe he will understeer only if he makes a mistake, but how and where? Maybe the uncovered gutters? Approaching a hairpin, the NA6CE didn't brake and tackled the hairpin quick! He's fast! I copied what the car in front did, turning into the hairpin with a high speed. The hairpin is wide enough for cars to accelerate fast into it. Chase sure knows how to drive fast in Momiji.

[Chase's Pov]

Leaving the hairpin, I glanced at the rear view mirror to watch the AE86 Trueno behind me. The AE86 didn't slow down, yet it didn't advance closer to me. We're in sync. It seems he's copying me. I smirked as I turn left into the corner, glancing at the rear view mirror again to notice that my assumptions are correct. The AE86 Trueno is indeed copying my actions, and it's impressive. Approaching a hairpin, I braked a little before drifting into the hairpin fast.

[Ryo's Pov]

My vision turned blue just as I was about to enter the hairpin, giving me increased perception. Driver's eye, keep it up! I braked a little and drifted into the hairpin as professional as possible, keeping a neck to neck with the NA6CE.

[Chase's Pov]

Leaving the hairpin, I pressed hard on the gas as I glance at the rear view mirror, seeing the AE86 Trueno a little closer to me now. I smirked as I turn into the corners fast. I presume we're already at the second section, and this is where things will spice up! I braked and turned on my warning lights, looking at my rear view mirror.

[Ryo's Pov]

E-Eh? Is he letting me pass? I pressed hard on the gas, overtaking the NA6CE, taking the lead before turning right on the corner. I glanced at my rear view mirror, watching the NA6CE tail me from behind. The upcoming roads are the continuous hairpins, and soon the uncovered gutters. Does he not know about the uncovered gutters?

[Chase's Pov]

Watching from behind, I can learn how Ryo drives his AE86. From here, I can study his maneuvers with the AE86, and I can possibly learn something from them. He's taking the hairpins fast and quick, and it's impressive. Although being on the lead with the upcoming uncovered gutters are deemed lucky, but they sure have a disadvantage. You can only use the uncovered gutters in Momiji successfully from behind and overtaking the lead. Here's one of the first uncovered gutters! The AE86 Trueno went over the gutter, putting the right inner wheel on the grass.

I chuckled as I drift into the hairpin on the outer lane, letting the AE86 take on the uncovered gutter.

[Ryo's Pov]

Leaving the hairpin, I realized that the NA6CE beside me on the outer lane. Crap! How did he suddenly got so fast?! Was it because I'm using the uncovered gutters? Here's another one! I drove into the uncovered gutters, lifting my right inner wheel over the ditch. I noticed that the NA6CE was able to overtake me. It is the uncovered gutter! Leaving the ditch, we both turned right into the corner. I must overtake him somehow. Maybe on the remaining uncovered gutters? Approaching a hairpin, the NA6CE braked and drifted into the hairpin. That's when I realized something. The NA6CE is slipping to the outer lane!

Let's go! I braked and drifted into the hairpin, taking the inner lane as the NA6CE slip on the outer lane.

[Chase's Pov]

My eyes widened as I realize that the AE86 is taking the inner lane of the hairpin. What are you doing?! We can't take the inside lane of the hairpin at the same time! Leaving the hairpin, both of us are at neck to neck with each other with the AE86 slowly overtaking me and taking the lead. Tch! I'll just have to use the uncovered gutters to my advantage! Approaching the uncovered gutters, I braked a little and slowly lifted my right inner wheel over the ditch and onto the grass. That's when I noticed that the AE86 was smart. He lifted his right inner wheel over the ditch as well to protect the inner lane! I can't overtake if it's like this!

Approaching another uncovered gutter, I used to my advantage, but to no avail. The AE86 remained on the outer lane and blocks me from overtaking using the uncovered gutters using them against me.

I'll just have to tail him from behind until he makes a mistake or reach the finish line...