Chapter 15: Friends Matter more

[Ryo's Pov]

"Takumi, Aki's been kidnapped! He seems to be in a vehicle based on my senses, and we need to chase down the car." I stated and Takumi nodded before bringing out his phone and dialing someone.

[Keisuke's Pov]

I was eating dinner with my brother when suddenly my phone rang. I pulled it out from my pocket and I took the call.

"Keisuke, I need your help here. Ryo's friend Cinderace named Aki was kidnapped. I need you to guard his car for me at Akina. Go here fast because we'll be leaving quick to chase down the car."

Someone kidnapped a Pokemon again? This time the culprit kidnapped one of the racers. "Sure, I'll be heading there as soon as possible." I replied before hanging up the call and looking at Ryosuke, staring at me. "Is Takumi behind the call?" He asked and I nodded.

"He needs my help. Ryo's friend Cinderace got kidnapped by a guy in a car, and now they're after him. He needs me to guard his friend's car at Akina while they chase them down."

"Ryo?" He paused for a bit to think before continuing. "Is he the driver who defeated the members of The NightKids?" He asked and I nodded.

"Interesting."

[Ryo's Pov]

"I have to go now." I stated and stepped inside my AE86 and Takumi followed me inside. "W-Why are you coming?" I asked and he sat on the passenger seat. "I'm coming with you." He answered and I shrugged it off before starting the car and driving off.

I have to save Aki from this man. I need to save him before he does something terrible to him. I stepped on the gas hard in anger, setting the gear on 3. "Slow down, we're not on the Akina pass anymore."

[Keisuke's Pov]

I finally arrived at the parking lot at the base of the Akina pass. I parked close to an AE86 Levin and stepped out of my car to notice Takumi's AE86 parked just across this AE86 Levin. "Huh, Takumi went with Ryo's car than drive along with him." I stated before approaching the AE86 Levin and lying a hand on it.

"This reminds me of Wataru's car."

Out of nowhere, my phone rang and I immediately picked it up. "Hello?"

[Ryosuke's Pov]

"Hey, I have something to tell you." I stated while I type onto the keyboard of my computer, searching for any clues about this kidnapper before stumbling upon a last week's news report.

"I found something. The report says that a Pokemon kidnapping spree happened around Akina, and the Pokemon involved were later found near Mt. Akagi. Can you notify Takumi about this for me?"

"Sure."

[Aki's Pov]

I slowly opened my eyes, my head hurting as I try to recall the events that took place. I looked around and realized that I was in a car, lying at the back of the car. I tried to move my arms, but they're uncomfortably held together by something else. I tried to move my legs, but I'm unable to move them freely. I looked below me to realize that my hands and legs are bounded by ropes. I looked around and saw a figure on the steering wheel, driving the car suspiciously.

I looked at the rear view mirror and saw the familiar face of the man I met before. It's the man that I fear the most. His eyes finally met mine in the rear view mirror and I tried to scream, but nothing came out of my mouth. I tried it again, but not a single sound came from my mouth.

"Oh, you, you're finally awake. You're trying to watch your friends, right? I apologise for ruining the fun, but unfortunately had to tie in some loose ends. I've been wanting to have a Pokemon to live with me, but the previous I've found aren't that great. You're very lucky to meet me, and I'm very lucky to find you again. Will you take care of me? I'll be a good-"

His speech was interrupted by a light shining through the rear view mirror, both blinding me and him.

[Ryo's Pov]

I finally found you. I won't let you take my Cinder away from me! I pressed hard on the gas, shifting the gear to 5. "Careful on the gas, you don't want your engine to blow."

"I don't care! I need to catch up-"

I was interrupted when a yellow FD3S drove past me, leaving me amazed. "This is an uphill afterall, so cars like FD3S can easily overtake you."

[Keisuke's Pov]

Let's end this once and for all. I'll be taking you down for my brother and for Ryo. Akagi uphill battle, here I go! I shifted the gear to 5 and pressed hard on the gas, trying to close in the gap between the culprit's car and mine.

[Aki's Pov]

"Hold on my dear Cinder, I'll have to lose them before we get back home."

Did he just call me his dear...? Is he this desperate for a Pokemon to be with him? All I can hear is the engine revving up, and the tires drifting on the road.

[Keisuke's Pov]

The corner is close and he's driving too fast. He'll crash onto the rail guard as soon as he steers right. He's on the outer lane. Maybe I can stop him by taking the inner lane! I pressed hard and over took him just in time before braking and drifting into the corner, putting the wheels of my car into the gutter.

[Aki's Pov]

"N-Nani?! Stop!!"

I heard screaming and soon the car went in full stop, the motion throwing me off the seat and onto the floor. I helplessly cry out softly for help, squirming into my binds. Soon the door of the car opens and I was pulled out by a yellow spiked hair guy, saving me from the terror of this man that I feared the most.

Thank you...