Chapter 60: Injured Wish

[Ryosuke's Pov]

"I've gathered information about this Pokemon racing group that tried to take over Kanagawa, and apparently one of the racers drive an R32."

Go Hojo looked at me and titled his head. "Which one? The Project P or the Red Heavens?" He asked and I looked at Rai who's lying down on the hospital bed, unable to move his legs.

"Red Heavens. Based on my gathered information, they are a duo with one goal in mind. Their only task is to take over Kanagawa before taking down Project P. This situation with the Red Heavens is interfering with our objectives. Because of them, we are unable to set a schedule for the battle of Project D and Team Sidewinder."

[Ryo's Pov]

Waiting outside of the room on the hallways along everyone, my phone rang and I quickly picked it up.

"Ryo, it's me your trainer. Do you have a moment?"

It's Mr. Joshima. I wonder what he has in mind.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"There's two people here that are looking for you. If I'm correct, they're from Team Spiral racing team."

My eyes widened upon hearing the racing team. Team Spiral, I've heard it before from Rai. Team Spiral is the third racing team we'll be facing to conquer Kanagawa Prefecture. Are they going to challenge us sot they to visited my trainer?

"Have you asked them when they wanted us to meet?" I asked, nervous on what will happen next.

"I did, and they wanted to meet you on the Daikanzan Observation Deck in Kanagawa. They also changed their mind. They want you to tell your Project P that Team Spiral is challenging you. I have to go now. I have work to do."

Mr. Joshima hung up the call, and I quickly approached Aki who's sitting on the floor and playing with Mint. Aki looked at me and tilted his head. "Oh hey Ryo, do you want to join us?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No thanks. Can you do me a favor?" I asked and he nodded. "Sure, what is it?"

"I need you to knock on the door and tell them that my trainer called me and told me that the Team Spiral is challenging us." I stated and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Team Spiral? Those racers that believes in themselves and their religious beliefs?" Aki asked and I nodded slowly. "Yeah? Them with their religious beliefs? What do you mean? How do you know all of this?"

"Well, they're known to rely on their car's heavily modified performance to match up with their abilities. They don't let emotions get into their racing. Rather than them controlling the car, or the car controlling them, them and their car become as one. I don't fully understand how it works, but Rai and Ryosuke Takahashi probably knows more." Aki stood up from the floor and giggled.

"I'll say yes to your favor, but in return you gotta order tofu from Takumi and pay with your money. Deal?" My eyes widened as I sweatdrop and slowly nodded.

"Sure, as long as you don't ask for a batch."

[Aki's Pov]

I looked at Mint who's staring at me and smiles. "You can go play with Ryo for now. Aki has to inform the others about something important." I stated and Mint nodded her hed in agreement. I left Mint with Ryo as I approached the door to Rai's room before knocking.

[Rai's Pov]

I feel so useless lying on this bed. It's a pain to see that I can't lead the Project P anymore, but accidents happen. I looked at Chase and signalled him to step closer. Chase approached me with a worry on his face. "From now on, Chase, you will be leading Project P."

His eyes widened and shook his head. "But that's not my role here, I can't accept that! You are the leader, Rai. We follow your orders." He stated and I shook my head.

"I'm too weak now to lead the team, and I've been watching you move ever since you goy recruited in the team. Your actions, it reminds me of myself, but you can do better, Chase. I've never been a good leader, and I see you as a better leader than I am." I stated and Chase smiled.

"No, you are a good leader, and I shall continue your legacy of being a good leader, leading Project P."

"From now on, you will be the new leader. You now lead the future of Project P. The legacy goes on."

Chase immediately hugged me and I hugged back, patting his back. He then pulled away before looking at Ryosuke.

"I'll be the first, or the second to congratulate you on becoming the new leader of Project P. All decisions are up to you now, and this will be your first decision..."

"... I'll give you two options. Project P will battle Team Spiral first, or Project P will battle Project D." Ryosuke stated and Chase puts a paw under his chin, thinking deeply before being interrupted by a knock on the door. Chase opened the door in response and Aki stepped inside the room and cleared his throat.

"I have some important news to tell. Ryo had a call with his trainer, and his trainer said that the Team Spiral wanted to meet up with the Project P on Daikanzan Observation Deck. The Team Spiral wanted to challenge the Project P into a battle."

[Okuyama's Pov]

"So what's the reason why you are so eager to battle this Ryo of Project P?" Ryuji asked and I smirked. "I've heard about the Project P battling against this Northern Saitama Alliance, and it seems Project P used an S15 against their EA11R. The S15 won, which made me feel this burning passion to defeat that S15. I have to teach that S15 a lesson that there will only be one S15 that is great enough to defeat any opponents it come across. The reason why that S15 was able to win was because the driver was none other than Ryo. Ryo and I needs to settle a score, and only I should reign with my S15..."

"... There will only be one S15."