Chapter 14: Takumi Fujiwara, Snow Battle

[Takumi's Pov]

I was inside my car, waiting when an AE86 pulled by the side of the road. It must be Ryo. A Lucario stepped out of the car and approached me before knocking on my car door window. I pulled the window down and Ryo peeked in.

"I'm back! I just got Aki back home. We should be able to start the snow battle now."

[Ryo's Pov]

"Sure. One question, are your tires for snow?" He asked and I nodded.

"Good, I don't want you to be harmed with a technical error. Remember, this is a snow battle. Do not press too hard on the gas without knowing where to brake. Do you want me to guide you?"

"Guide me? No thanks, I can handle the car." I stated and he nodded.

"Okay then. The race doesn't have a countdown. I'll be the chaser like always and you'll be the lead. The race will begin as soon as you do." I went back to my car and started the engine for the race. I glanced at my right and saw the AE86 pull by the side of my car. This is it. One of the major races that I'll participate in. Racing against one of the Aces of Project D. Takumi Fujiwara, I'll beat you!

I pushed down the handbrake and pressed hard on the gas while shifting from gears to gears, starting the race. I glanced at my rear mirror and saw the AE86 began to chase me. I won't lose now!

[Aki's Pov]

Not watching the race is bugging me. I want to watch. It's a race against Takumi after all, and it's one of the rare occasion to occur. I hopped off my bed and ran out of my room before heading to the garage where my trainer is fixing his car. Wataru noticed me and greeted me.

"Oh hey Aki! What brings you here? Do you have questions about your new car?" He asked and I nodded.

"Are the tires made for snow?" He raised an eyebrow before moving away from his car to look at me straight.

"Yeah, why?"

Without hesitation, I ran to my car and stepped inside before starting the engine, driving off without replying to my trainer. Sorry if I need to leave all of a sudden. I need to watch the race!

[Ryo's Pov]

Approaching the two consecutive hairpins, I braked and entered the hairpin, drifting. I looked at my rear mirror and noticed that the AE86 disappeared. Could he be doing the gutter run? I looked to my right and was shocked when the AE86 was in the inner lane, doing the gutter run! We both left the hairpin with him slowly overtaking me. No, I won't let you pass me that easily! I know how to do what you just did!

[Takumi's Pov]

I need to overtake him to perform another gutter run. Surely he can't do gutter runs like I do. His tires will slip, giving me entry to the gutter run. Entering the next hairpin, we both braked and drifted, but something caught my eye! Did he just? Shimata! He's doing the gutter run! His wheels are in the gutter, doing what I just did earlier. We left the hairpin with him on the lead and I behind him, chasing.

This must be the reason he defeated Takeshi Nakazato of NightKids. The question is, how well can you perform continuous gutter runs? I'll be able to overtake you by the five consecutive hairpins before you even perform it!

I forgot! This has a new engine, and I can overtake him easily on straights. The question is would he know?

[Ryo's Pov]

I looked at my rear mirror and saw the AE86 chasing me on my tail. I can't shake him off. It's time to get serious! I pressed hard on the gas and shifted the gear to five, with the corners approaching. I steered left into the turn and realized something isn't right. He disappeared from the rear mirror. He couldn't be doing that here!

I looked to my left and saw the AE86 heading into the inner lane, the wheels on the gutter and doing his technique. You aren't taking the lead that easily!

I pressed hard on the gas and held onto the steering firmly, going down the corners with high speed. Not even afraid to fall and die into the ravine.

[Takumi's Pov]

Nandato? Something is different with him. His eyes, they're glowing blue. Aren't they red before?! His glare, he's really focused! Could this be his secret to defeating the others? This is bad. There's an upcoming hairpin soon with a gutter run. I need to take the lead before the five consecutive hairpins, or else I'll lose!

Wait, nanda sore? He overtook me and slid his wheels into the gutter. Since when did he went that fast! It's just a regular AE86-- No, it could have the same engine as I have! Could it be that my engine can push harder? With the AE86 in front, I followed him from behind, trying to copy his every moves.

[Ryo's Pov]

I'll keep him back under the snow! Approaching the hairpin, I quickly braked and shifted the gear down, steering right and entering it with a drift. I glanced at my rear mirror and saw the AE86 still behind me, close. Not enough? I'm going to defeat you in your own starting course! Leaving the hairpin, I shifted back up pressed hard into the straight lanes.

[Takumi's Pov]

He's still on the lead, and he's doing the gutter runs perfectly. I can't go closer and overtake him. Hayai! Approaching another hairpin, I braked as soon as the AE86 braked and drifted into the hairpin. Tch! He placed his wheels in the gutter again! He's doing them perfectly like I do! I won't pass him if this goes on. I'll lose to him!

[Ryo's Pov]

Leaving the hairpin, I pressed hard on the gas with the AE86 still behind me. Damn, I can't shake him off. This is his course after all, so if I drive perfectly like he does while still on the lead, I'll beat him. This is it! I'll beat you here! Approaching the five hairpins, I braked and slid my wheels into the gutter, drifting into the hairpin.

[Takumi's Pov]

Shimata! Masaka! His wheels are in the gutter again, and he did it so perfectly. He's a Lucario after all, so he can't possibly drive so good like I do. But no, him being a Pokemon doesn't mean he's in a disadvantage, in fact I'm at the disadvantage here. He's a Lucario and he can use his Aura to detect the roads before him, and manipulate the car so perfectly. This is where I lose!

He reminds me of my father! Bunta!

[Aki's Pov]

I finally arrived at the bottom of Akina pass. The snowfall is thick and heavy, but I'm glad I managed to drive the roads to here in this cold snow. I'm a fire type, so I should be able to survive this longer. I parked the car by the parking lot and waited for them to finish the race while hoping to myself that they actually haven't finished yet. I stepped out of the car to take a breath and yawn when I felt a tug on my shoulder.

The hand is cold, and it sent shivers down my spine. I turned around to look and saw a man in his 40s glares at me before smiling. My eyes widened in shock, and I was petrified in place to find out who this man is. T-This man, he's the s-same person as before! "You look lost little Cinderace. Come back home and I'll give you warmth. You shouldn't have left when I found you asleep by the gas station."

I shook my head and tried to run away from him, but he already held my arm firmly, preventing me from escaping. I tried to use any moves I had in mind, b-but the thought of him here makes me unable to do so. I need help. "Ryo!!"

[Ryo's Pov]

We finally finished the downhill battle with I being the first to reach the finish line. It felt really great to beat one of the aces of Project D on his own starting course. We pulled by the parking lot and stepped out of our cars to congratulate one another when I saw Aki's AE86 Levin sitting on the parking lot. We both approached it and saw the car empty with Aki not being around. We called for him around the parking lot, but there's no answer.

Panicking, I activated my Aura senses and scanned the environment for Aki. I scanned everywhere and found his aura moving quickly away from us. I sense great fear in him, he's in danger!