Chapter 22: Aki vs Seiji Iwaki

[Aki's Pov]

3 hours ago, after finishing our meals in the restaurant, we went back to our daily lives with Yuki and Haru preparing the restaurant while my trainer, Wataru, bids goodbye and drives back home, leaving me and Ryo here at Usui. Now with our meals done and the race last night done, I wonder what Ryo will do now. It's still 11 in the morning, so he won't be returning home soon. I wonder what he's up to next. Ryo's just standing beside me, staring at his AE86 Trueno.

"Ryo," I called out his name and he turned around to look at me. "What are you going to do now?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I'll be going to Irohazaka to battle Rai and his Emperor. He challenged me last night and wanted a rematch with me."

He's battling the Team Emperor? It's been a while since he battled a racing team, and it's been a while since I had a battle as well. I want to use this opportunity to improve my skills and be as good as him. "Ryo, I want to come with you to Irohazaka and battle the Emperor."

His eyes widened upon hearing what I said. "Hey, this is a battle against a team, not just a practice battle. Plus it's on their home course, so it'll be difficult for you."

I shook my head against what just said. "Ryo, I want to experience a race against a team! Please let me come along with you!"

He was about to speak out something, but a sigh came out instead and he smiled at me. "If so, then let's use this opportunity to improve your abilities. Their home course is filled with a lot of hairpins, so braking and good gear shifting will be required..."

"... Remember this, alright?"

Here I am, 3 hours later, revving my engine under the hot sun in the afternoon as my opponent named Seiji Iwaki was doing the same with his Mitsubishi Lan Evo 4, or what they call CN9A.

[Ryo's Pov]

This is going to be Aki's first race against a racing team, and hopefully he does well on this race against Seiji Iwaki of Team Emperor. "Hey Ryo," someone called me, making me turn around and realize it was Rai. "Do you want to start the countdown?" He asked, giving me an opportunity to be the one who starts the race.

I nodded and walked towards the two cars. One being an AE86 Levin and the other being a CN9A.

[Aki's Pov]

Huh, Ryo's the one starting the countdown. Oh well, time to prepare.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"Go!"

I quickly released the handbrake and pressed hard on the gas, shifting the gear up and being the one leading the race with the CN9A behind me on my tail.

[Rai's Pov]

Hmph, this battle should give me an insight about his friend's driving style. I haven't seen what Aki can do, so let this be a chance to study his driving techniques with the help of Yami at the 33rd corner along with the help of Seiji Iwaki too.

[Seiji's Pov]

Look at this little Cinderace driving an AE86 Levin in front of me. Tch, he wasn't supposed to be in the battle. Hell! This battle shouldn't even have existed if it weren't for that Lucario named Ryo bringing his friend. I should've been watching the race of Rai and Ryo by now, but this brat came by along Ryo.

The first hairpin is close, let's see how well you'll do the hairpin! Approaching the first hairpin with the AE86 in front, the AE86 braked and drifted into the hairpin. With us racing on our home course, it shouldn't be difficult to outrun him! I braked as soon as I entered the hairpin and drifted through it, exiting it faster than my opponent in front, who's gap is now a little closer to me. I'll be overtaking you soon!