Chapter 29: Tsukuba

[Aki's Pov]

Purple Shadow. That's a very interesting local racing team name. How come do they all have team names when me and Ryo doesn't?

I quickly got up from our couch and went straight into the bedroom where Ryo can be seen napping on his bed pillow, presumably exhausted from the race last night. Without even thinking, I approached him and began shaking him violently, waking him up.

[Ryo's Pov]

I was quickly awoken by my friend Aki shaking me around on my bed pillow. "What is it..?" I asked, tilting my head and still half asleep.

"Let's form a local racing team and race against the Purple Shadow!" He replied with a cheerful tone.

Hearing him mention the local racing team part made me think. We haven't formed into a team yet despite already defeating two local racing teams separately. I slowly got up, still sleepy from having a lack of sleep from last night's battle with Yami before pulling Aki up from the floor and yawns. "Let's grab some breakfast and then we talk about this." I say before heading out of the bedroom with Aki and standing by the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

Thinking about what happened last night, it was really chaotic. I almost crashed last night from my car being bumped and began to slide into the wall. I never expected it to happen, and I hope it never happens again in the future. Filling my glass with water, I began to drink it before being interrupted by a knock on our front door. Aki went to answer the door before calling me. "Ryo, there's a yellow Porcupine here."

A yellow Porcupine? I went to the front door before realizing who he's talking about.

"Hey! I'm not a yellow Porcupine you Cinderace!"

It's Keisuke Takahashi, the uphill specialist of Project D. It's been weeks since my last race with him. I wonder why he's here. How did he even know my address?! I approached him and he notices me before he turned to his side and called someone. "Takumi! Come here! The Pokemon you're looking for has appeared."

Takumi then showed up, looking at me. "Ryo, I have something to tell you."

"And I, Keisuke, will treat y'all to breakfast!"

[Yami's Pov]

"Gah! That stupid Lucario! He'll pay for what he's done!" I snarled before punching the tree in front of me hard in anger. Thunder roared from the skies above as soon as my fist hit the tree. How dare that stupid Lucario defeat me and just walk away while I was forced out of Todo School to leave according to Rai's 'plan'.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, making me turn around and saw Rai standing just in front of me. "Are you still mad for being defeated by Ryo?"

[Rai's Pov]

"Am I still mad? Of course I am! That bastard just defeated me and I won't let him pass. I want a rematch! I want to crush that damn Lucario."

It was already cloudy and dark when we arrived here at Akina mountain pass, and the weather just gets worse the more he stood there, fueled by his anger. His eyes began to glow red, glaring at me as another thunder roared above the sky, followed by light taps of rain hitting the cemented ground.

"I despise him." He growled before pointing his paw towards the tree just behind him with his paw open before firing an Aura Sphere on the tree, blasting half of the trunk vertically as the rain grew stronger.

He doesn't sound like him anymore. I have to fix this or else chaos will rise.

[Ryo's Pov]

I was caught off guard by the loud thunder roared from outside, making me jump as rain began to pour down, stronger and stronger, all can be seen through the window just outside the coffee shop. I turned back to look at Takumi who's sitting in in front of me with Keisuke sitting beside him, both on their seats opposite of ours. Aki was off to the counter, ordering us some snacks to munch on as we have a conversation under the relaxing weather.

"Ryo. Ryosuke wants to know more about you in racing. Your street racing skills peeked his curiosity. Can you please tell us more about yourself?" Takumi politely asked and I nodded.

"I was a Lucario who used to have a trainer. My trainer was a street racer just like me and he taught me how to drive the AE86 he gave me. He taught me driving techniques, gutter runs and there's that one he taught me as well called lidless gutter runs. He even taught me this risky technique he once encountered in his street racing career. He calls it blind attack. He told me to only use it when the opponent is too good to be overtaken normally. All is going good for us until we got separated."

[Rai's Pov]

I still can't believe how much Yami has changed just from me and him being defeated by Ryo. For me, being defeated isn't a big deal. For Yami, it looks different. All I want was us having fun while racing, but this doesn't look fun anymore.

I sighed as I drive back home, wanting to leave all the chaos behind just for a day. The sudden storm isn't making it any better. I have to plan something out to calm him down and remove the anger from him. I just can't think of anything. Should I confront him and tell him to calm down?

I don't know...

[Ryosuke's Pov]

I was busy reading a book about medicine while slacking on my chair when my phone rang, making me pull it from my pocket and answering it. "Hello?"

"It's Takumi. Do you know someone who races with an eyeglasses and drives as good as I am?" He asked and I immediately put the book down on my desk before opening my laptop in front of me to search for any racers we've encountered so far that drives similarly to Takumi.

After a few minutes of searching, I found the closest person that matches with the details. "Takumi, I found a person named Doctor Toshiya Joshima."

"Thanks." He immediately hanged up the call, making me wonder what he's up to as I get my book back and continue to read it.

What is he up to?