Chapter 3 - The Mysterious Big Sister

"What are you staring at?" Sanchita frowned looking at her best friend who was gazing at the gate. She looked so desperate.

Nandini side glanced at her friend who was deeply frowning at her "what's your problem? Can't I do anything I want now?"

Sanchita hold my cheeks with a small gasp "you...you..traitor ..how could you say something like that to me?"

Nandini rolled her eyes. She knew her friend's act is nothing but a drama that she is showing right now. She never understands like how Sanchita is able to perform such act?

"Do I need a certificate to prove it?"

Sanchita huffed before glaring at her "you are too much. I am your best friend and now because someone is there you like, so you are abandoning me already, even before you confess to him"

If only she knows what Nandini is feeling. This feeling was something she never experienced before. She was trying to comfort her raising heart beat. She remembered the midnight talk they shared. Does she ever thought, someday she will abandon her sleep just to talk with a stranger she met. God, what she is feeling is beyond explanation. Thinking about those, a smile appeared on her lips.

While Sanchita observed her expression. She could not help but shook her head. She never thought she will ever witness her best friend, will behave like a love sick teenager. She frowned but didn't uttered a word.

Nandini impatiently waited as she looked at the college gate. She saw people rushing inside, or heading out but between those faces she couldn't find the face she wanted to see. Disappointed filled her heart. Her eyebrows knitted tightly as her impatient gaze turned into glare.

"Stop glaring the gate" Sanchita rolled her eyes. After watching her friend for sometimes she couldn't help but say. "Are you planning to stand on this corridor and watch the gate?" She threw her arms in the air frustratingly.

"Shh..can't you stop for sometimes" Nandini said still looking at the gate.

"For God's sake stop behaving like a mad girl" Sanchita almost yelled then she crossed her arms "why don't you become the new watchwoman of this college? I mean it will help you more"

Nandini turned hearing her friend. She frowned. Like seriously? Watchwoman?

"Where did you get such idea?"

"Do I need to develop one? You are presenting the example here"

Nandini rolled her eyes before glancing towards gate again. He did not come today. Last night talk was good but he did not said anything about not coming today. She already arrived early and even dragged Sanchita with her even though her class hour is still after noon. What she wanted to do was watch him. See him personally but it got ruined. Sighing she turned around.

"Let's go"

Sanchita raised her eyebrow "why? Are not you applying for watchwoman job?"

"Shut up. You don't understand anything" Nandini yelled before walking forward.

"For your kind information, your strange behaviour is something I don't want to understand anyway" Sanchita barked from behind with annoyance.

Nandini can sense her friend's anger but she only sighed. God what's happening to her? She was not like this before but after seeing him, she changed a lot.

Days are passing fastly....Nandini was lying on het bed while flipping the pages of books but her mind was far from being comfort. She couldn't find a way to help her fast beating heart. He did not showed up in college nor he was responding her calls. What happens suddenly? She couldn't find any reason for this. Which unconsciously making her heart restless....

~~~~~~~~~~

In the orphanage "Kalyan AnathAshram"

Manik walked inside with some packages in his hand. He smiled when he saw the small kids running around happily. He was happy to get back in town again. The sudden call from his home was something unexpected and he have to run back there. It's already  2 weeks he was out of the town and missed his classes. But today is Sunday so he was here to give something to the orphanage.

"Oh...big brother is here...." Suddenly a small 5 year old girl squealed running towards him. He instantly smiled before squatting and capturing her in his arm.

"Do you missed me?" He asked.

The girl pouted "big bro you have not visited here since long time"

He laughed in response before kissing her cheeks. It was true, because of the sudden call he have to visit his home and forced to refrain himself from vising KA as usual visit.

"I am sorry, I have to go because I needed to. Will you forgive me?"

The small girl pouted but nodded slowly "I will forgive you this time because since you are not here big sister visited as usual" she smiled showing her teeth.

Manik frowned. Big sister? How come he never knew there was someone other like him?

"Ria, what are you saying? Anyone visited here too?" He inquired. KA was not a big well-known orphanage. It was small and also situated in isolated area. May be few people's have idea about this place but this was the first time he heard about another one visiting here.

Ria, the little girl in his arm nodded "yes, there is a big sister, she is so beautiful and kind. She even brought so many gifts for all of us. She brought foods and also played with us. Brig bro, if you meet her once you will instantly like her. She is so good to us. Like a real sister"

"When did she started to visit here?" Manik was still in confusion.

"It was because of me, A week ago, I went with mother to shop but because of the traffic I lost track with mother and was about to hit by car but suddenly big sister saved me. She even scolded the driver for not caring and brought me back here. Since then She visited here 2 times and brought a many gifts for us" Ria happily explained everything.

Manik was in daze, now a days many people see orphans as a burden and even ignore them. But in this situation someone not only rescued but even trying hard to help this kids. It's really hear touching. The one whol helped showing how kind one's heart can be. Now he become desperate to meet this unknown big sister Ria refering too.

"So you like her?"

"Not only me but even Karuna,Aru, Sushi...all of us like her. She is an angel big bro. If you meet her you will also like her too"  Ria replied clapping her hand.

He never saw Ria, a isolated girl liking someone this fast. For him even it took almost 3 months for her to open up but for this big sister it did not even take s week for Ria to get attached. Now his stomach is filled with curiosity to know who actually is this 'big sister' .

"Since you like her that much then I am sure I will like her too. Are you happy?" He asked looking at the small cutie in his arm.

"Yes...yes..." Ria nodded delightfully. Her mood is extremely good today. Big sister brought so many thing for her. A sets of dresses, shoes, dolls, and baby beauty products. All of this are something those ordinary girls have but today she too have all this because she has her big sister, who is extremely kind to her.

Looking at her happy face Manik was happy but somewhere in his mind he is still curious about who this 'big sister' really is?

And he simply can't wait to discover it.