Chapter 24 - His Visit

In the evening there was a knock on the door. Sanchita who was reading book frowned. She was not expecting anyone to be here at this time. So thinking she got up from bed and opened the door. But her frown turned into shock when Nandini's face come in view.

"What the-" she frowned "why are you here?"

Nandini didn't replied but pushed her away and walked inside the room.

"Hey, what happened? Don't tell me your mind changed and you get down from the bus" Sanchita closed the door following her inside.

Nandini threw her bag and rolled her eyes "do you know how heavy the rain is. It's still raining outside. Even with umbrella I am half drenched"

"So? What it got to do with your returning back?" Sanchita huffed and sat on bed making faces.

"Can't you guess? Where's your smart brain? Did it stoped working?" Nandini mocked.

"Nonsense, my mind is working just fine"

"Really? I don't think so" Nandini shrugged and removed her coat.

"Why is that?" Sanchita frowned. She couldn't understand what happened to Nandini.

"The heavy rain blocked the way to Kathmandu. It said that if we travel farther then there are high chances of landslides. The mountain area was raining since a weak now"

"Hell" Sanchita got up abruptly "how could they plan for the trip if there's  rain? I don't understand what the hell does the professors checked before announcing this trip? Were they planning to kill everyone in the name of trip?"

Nandini rolled her eyes. She pulled her dry clean cloths "may be " saying this she went inside the bathroom to change.

Sanchita looked at her figure then sighed. She thought Nandini will get distracted for few days and can enjoy some unfamiliar sceneries but this rain had to fall at this moment. She has planned it but why the hell he got ruined.

"Dhat" Sanchita snapped to herself before picking up her book and again started to read it. All her hard work flowed out of the window. What a waste!

After 9 pm in the evening the rain stared to stop slowly. Nandini and Sanchita had dinner and went back to their room. But one of their classmate called Sanchita over for some doubts in the study so Sanchita left the room leaving Nandini alone.

Nandini yawned. She was tired. The scenes of morning flashed in her mind. Eating pakodas and drinking tea while enjoying the rain that too with the person she love was the something she never expected. Though she didn't show it on her face but she was happy inside. Even if it was a kind of dream she really wanted to make some memories out of it. She sighed and laid on bed. There was a smile on her face. She closed her eyes but before she could fell asleep she heard a knock on the window.

Nandini jumped in shock. She was startled and looked at the window and heard the knocking sound again. Who could it be? She thought. Is that a third? But a thief won't come knocking. Frowning she looked around. Her gaze fell on the flower vase. She slowly picked it up and tip toed towards the window. Whoever it was she will bang their head today. She softly pulled down the lock then flung the door and raised her hand to bang the head of the person but her hand was caught in middle by the other person. Her eyes went wide when she saw the families figure.

"Are you planning to send my corpse back to my family?" He asked.

Nandini snatched her hand and frowned "what are you doing here? And why are you coming like a thief?"

"I will tell you, first let me in" he said.

She moved away and Manik jumped in. Nandini crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow "now spill. Why are you sneaking inside the girls hostel at this time?"

"Of course I have my reason. But I never thought you will be prepared to kill me in one stroke "

"It's self defence. And I was not informed that you will be sneaking like that. If it was other parson then-"

"They he would be gone to heaven I know" Manik completed her words. Nandini 's lips twitched and age turned around and walk towards her bed before sitting on it.

"Just tell me your purpose of coming here. Besides I don't entertain guests as this time. So you better say or you can just leave like you came" she spat.

"Why are you so moody these days? You have been so serious even when attending the classes. You never replied to your friends call nor helped them" Manik frowned.

Nandini was surprised. He noticed? But when? She didn't remember him seeing then how come?

"I didn't know you are interested in spying on others. Are you planning to become detective after completing college?" She mocked.

Manik sighed "fine, I am not arguing with you now. I remembered that you drenched yourself in the rain for quite a long time in the morning"

"So?" She asked "you came to tell me that?"

He rolled his eyes "here" he threw a shaker bottle towards her. It landed on bed near Nandini.

Nandini looked at it and frowned "what is it?"

"Milk" he replied.

Nandini couldn't understand what was his purpose. Milk? What does he meant by that?

"I hate milk besides I didn't remember you asking to bring me milk" she glared at him.

"Seriously Nandini are we really arguing on this matter?" He felt irritated.

"Aren't we already? I didn't ask you to do anything for me thank you" she turned her head to other side.

Manik looked at her then sighed. How come she become so difficult to handle. At first she used to melt to whatever he said and yet she is clearly ignoring his any efforts.

"Even if you don't like it you have to drink it today. It's not some milk. It's turmaric milk and I made it myself"

Nandini's heart pounced in her chest as she heard. She looked at him totally surprised. What did he just said? He made turmeric milk for her? Is she dreaming?

"What?" She asked not believing at all.

Manik rolled his eyes "look, I am not repeating myself again. You drenched yourself so much. Drink this and it will help you warm up from inside so you won't get any cold"

Nandini bit her lips as she looked at him. God, her heart was beating fast and she gears that he could hear it too. Taking deep breath she calmed herself down.

"I don't need this. I am totally good"

"You have to drink this. Cold is not your best friend that will listen to you" he mocked.

Nandini glared "I told you I don't need this. Iam fine already and I don't need you- ACHOO" Nandini's sneezed loudly.

"Wow and I thought you are fine" Manik mocked.

Nandini pursed her lips as her face turned red with embarrassment. Hell, this sneeze had to come at this time.

"You just shut- achoo" she sneezed again.

"Nandini for one second just stop arguing okay. Drink this milk it will help you. And don't get drenched in rain after today. You just catch cold faster then bullet" he said.

She didn't said but looked at him.

"I am going now, don't forget to drink that" he said and walk towards the window again. Before he jump up he turned to look at her "good night" then he jumped out of the window.

Nandini ran towards the window and saw him getting down through the long wall attached pipe. He looked up once he was on ground and waved at her before running away. Nandini sighed and closed the window door and leaned her forehead on it. Her heart was still dancing.

What just happened?