Chapter 68 - Forced Attempt

Nandini don't know what she should do. She have to go home since her engagement is fixed. All these years she never went against her parents and always did what they asked her to do. But this marriage is no what she ever wanted. Most importantly her parents was too determined to marry her off. Why? Why didn't they want to know about her feelings? She understands her parents raised her, they have right on her but doesn't she has right on herself too? Doesn't she has right to chose whom she want to marry? With whom she wants to spend her life? Just because Aniket had money and belong to a well settled rich family they thought she will be happy? Is luxurious life gives real happiness?

Nandini felt devasted inside. Because she was tangled in a situation where she don't want to agree not she want to hurt her parents. Afterall because of them she could see this world. As their child it was her responsibility to accept their arrangements but what about her heart? Which has already given to someone else. It she be happy when she loves someone and marry another man? Will god forgive her for this? She will be destroying three lives. But she couldn't find a way to solve this problem.

She got ready and went to office. When she entered her department she saw Samara and Yadav talking and laughing. They stopped once they saw her.

"Nandini, I thought you wouldn't come" Samara said.

"Why is that?" Nandini frowned. She sat on her chair and turned on her PC.

"Well, you are always early so I thought you wouldn't come"

"I got a call so I was little late" Nandini replied.

"Hey, you look distressed. What happened?" Samara dragged her chair towards Nandini.

"My engagement is fixed" Nandini replied making her gasped.

"What? Engagement fixed? So soon?" Samara couldn't believe herself. "I mean you just met the guy and you haven't say yes yet. How can it be fixed?"

"My aggreement doesn't mater. What matters is the agreement of the elders. If they says yes then it's yes and no then no" Nandini sighed. "This is the tradition in our family. The decision of marriage is taken by elders"

"I understand but it's you who's going to marry not them. Your consent is important too. It's a injustice to fix your marriage against your will. I understand parents has right but at the same time you have the righ more than them. It's afterall a lifetime matter" Samara shook her head.

Nandini gave her a smile, "I wish if everyone has the same thought as you. Bug my family tradition is different. My parents had given me everything since I was a kid. I accept that, I know they love me and I love them too. But how can I marry a man who I don't want to. They just sees it as beneficial for me to live with a rich man. They thinks living in US with a ruch husband would success my life but ... this is not what I ever wanted"

Samara felt sad and patted her back, "I don't know what to say in this matter. I can't understand what's parents think when they fixes a marriage so forcefully. But one thing is sure, if you want any help, then I will definitely help you"

"Yes, I am also here, Nandini if you need us, then just say it. We will help you no matter what" Yadav said.

Nandini smiled, "thank you. I know you are worried about me and want to offer help but I really can't do that. You don't know my father, he is a politician and knows dirty tricks which I really want any of you see. I have to think of something myself"

Later Nandini met Manik. They both sat in restaurant to have lunch. While they wait for food Nandini told Manik.

"I have to go home"