Chapter 9 - Confrontation

Nandini ran back in the hostel and threw herself on bed. Her heart broken into pieces and she hardly could endure it. She don't know where it went wrong that the perfect situation turned into a mess. She really didn't expect him to reject her like this. He was the one who talk gentle and sweet but today she saw something new in him. Is that his true nature? And what he showed before was a fake one? Nandini tried to believe in this but she don't know why she couldn't.

She didn't realised how it has been since she is crying like this but after sometime the room door opened again and an exhausted Sanchita walked in cursing hard.

"Hell with this extra classes. What kind of mind does that professor has to force us attend this class. That old hag-" Sanchita's voice stopped at once when her eyes fell on the figure lying on bed. She furrowed her eyebrows as walked closer to the bed.

"Nandini? Why are you lying like that?" She questioned.

Nandini raised her head when she heard the voice and immediately turned around. Sanchita almost fell on floor when she saw her face.

"What the hell? How come you ended up like this?" Sanchita yelled and sit down on bed while Nandini hugged her and sobbed.

Sanchita rubbed her back trying to console her "it's fine, it's fine. Stop crying okay"

Nandini sobbed for sometimes before finally stopping it. Sanchita wiped her years with a handkerchief then handed a bottle of water.

"Are you okay?"

Nandini slowly nodded her head.

"Come on tell me what happened to you? I have never seen you behaving like this"

Hearing that Nandini felt like crying again. It is her best friend who always cares for her and on the other hand it was him who hurted her so much today.

"He...he rejected me"

Sanchita frowned then her face turned serious "he rejected you? Like on the face?"

Nandini nodded again.

"Tell me everything. When I say everything means every single of it" Sanchita insisted.

Nandini couldn't help but narrated everything that happens earlier. Her eyes brimmed with tears when she said the last part how he rejected her harshly. After hearing all the point Sanchita burst out with anger.

"I told you. But you didn't listen to me. I told you he side is unaffected and don't go to him but you still insisted on going there. To do what? To get insulted on the face?" Sanchita was so angry that she could kill anyone.

"Just what were you think when you decided to go after him Nandini? Tell me what's point of akk this when that man does not even appreciate it? Why are you letting Yousef so down before him? Are you insane?"

"I just wanted to ask him personally" Nandini replied.

Sanchita rolled her eyes "oh, so have you enjoyed chatting with him?" She hold Nandini's shoulder and shook her a little "tell me where did you throw all your self-respect Nandini? Even if you love him it doesn't mean you should after that man like a crazy and insane. That man has slapped you with his rejection. Wake up from this Nandini or you will get hurt even more"

"Sanchita I..."

"Stop that, don't give me excuses. I don't need it" Sanchita rubbed her forehead "you dumb girl running after a man like that. Where is the past Nandini who is proud? How come man changed you so much that you even lowered yourself so much before him?" She sighed and looked at girl on bed "look, it seems like he is unable to understand your pure intension. What's the point to running after him when it does not worth your all efforts? Since you know what kind of feeling he has for you, I advise you to leave him behind and move on. You can't let yourself get ruined for a person. Besides the exam is already near and you should prepare for it other than thinking about him. I don't think uncle will appreciate if you get low marks" Sanchita shook her head before walking towards her bed.