Chapter 60 - Darkness Of The Past

When Nandini got down she saw everyone was gathered in the hall. There was a huge dining table set to fit every member of the family. She looked at the happy faces of the family and felt a tug in her heart. She also belong to the joint family. But because of works her family seldom engaged into such humorous get together. Most of the time it was women who chat and eat together and for man they would only care about work and business meetings. Her father was the member of political party so he don't stay in home much. Most of the time he would wandering around with his party members.

Rachna was the one who saw Nandini. She gestured to others then called out "Nandini, what are you doing standing there. Come down fast. The lunch is ready"

Nandini who was in deep though jerked back to the reality. She nodded and walked down the stairs putting a smile on her face.

"Come here, we are waiting for you. I hope it's not later for the lunch meal" Rachna gestured to a seat.

"No it's not thank you" Nandini replied politely and sat down. Manik was sitting beside her and looked at her.

"Any problem?" He asked lowering his tone.

Nandini shook her head "it's nothing. I was just thinking something"

"Nandini I heard you work with Manik in the same company?" Hema asked.

"Yes, we are colleagues but our departments are different" Nandini replied.

"Really, in which department you work?" Soniya asked excitedly.

"Marketing Department" Nandini smiled.

"Wow, is working too stressful? My brother is always busy. He rarely visits home saying he don't have time. Nandini if it wasn't because of you, I guess I would have forgotten how he looks like" Soniya laughed causing everyone to laugh along with her. Nandini chuckled lowering her head.

Manik glared at his sister "are you making fun Soniya? I still remember you were asking for the necklace set you liked the most. Lets keep that pending for few more months"

Soniya's eyes widened "how can you do that? It was my birthday gift you are denying for months. Bhai you are too much. I will complain to dad" she huffed and pouted at him.

"Okay stop arguing now. You two already grew up but still fight like 5 years old"

"She started"

"His fault"

Manik and Soniya pointed at each other then shared a hard glare.

"Shut up you two" Rachna glared at them. "We have a special guest here but you two are shaming the family name. Do you have any shame in you?" She scolded them before looking at Nandini, "Nandini dear, please don't mind their actions. This two are tol much sometimes"

Nandini couldn't help but smile "it's fine aunty".

"Let's eat before it get cold. It's not good to have cold food" Rachna said then everyone started to eat. Eating with whole family is anything enjoyment. They talked, laughed and joked whole eating which changed the atmosphere into lovely one. Nandini couldn't stop herself from smiling. She was glad she did accepted Manik's proposal or she would have missed such thing.

Later in the Evening Nandini was sitting on the swing as she looked at the flower pots placed infront of her. She was lost in thoughts and failed to notice Rachna who was walking towards her.

"What are you thinking?" Nandini was startled and looked up to see Rachna standing infront of her with a smile.

"Nothing, this flowers are beautiful" Nandini stayed.