Chapter 75 - The Uninvited Guests

Next day Nandini woke up late. She was still angry about yesterday's incident. She couldn't believe that Aniket who's parents boosted so much about his character would turn out like this. Living in US has corrupted his mind or the luxury has took all his sanity. In any way he was kind of guy she would run thousand miles away let alone marrying him. After last night Nandini knew she could even marry a begger in the street if she needed but not Aniket. He was the well settled man with empty heart.

She got up and took a shower before dressing herself. She walked down the stairs and heard some noises downstairs. When she looked for the sources she was surprised to see Shuboth, her cousin. He was the adopted son of Rima and Dushmant. He always stays outside the city for study.

"Bhai?" Nandini was surprised.

Shuboth who were hugging his mother turned around. A big smile crossed his face as he looked at her, "hey, kittu"

Kittu was Nandini's nick name from Shuboth. When she was young Nandini loved cats so Shuboth gave her the kittu name to tease but no one thought it would really become the nabe of affection from a brother to his sister. Nandini happily jumped on him.

"God, you haven't even said anything about your arrival" Nandini smacked his arm.

"I wanted to give you surprise" he laughed.

"Well you won, because I am really surprised" Nandini replied. "You were always reluctant to return from your study place. Even chachi would always complaint about it, then what happened this time?"

"I heard you are getting married soon. How can I miss such chance? Afterall I am your brother. I could never miss that" Shuboth smiled.

But hearing him Nandini's smile almost faded, "yeah, my wedding" her words came out like a mocking tone. Before Shuboth could ask another voice interrupted him.

"You two can't forget about me"

They turned to look at the door only to find Sneha with a smiling face. Sneha was the daughter of late Vastav, the youngest brother of Indrajit. Vastav and his wife had an accident and died. Then Sneha was raised by Rima and Dushmant mainly, they kind of adopted her.  Sneha was also the youngest child in the family and most loved one. Indrajit loved her very much.

"Sneha?" Nandini was so surprised that she couldn't believe if it was real or not. What's happening? Why such shocking things happing to her today?

"You are getting married and I didn't even know" Sneha walked in with a pout. If Shuboth Bhai didn't call me, I wouldn't have known at all"

"Sneha you are here too?" Sunaina walked out of the kichen.

"Tai, you also hide that Nandini di is getting married"

Sunaina smiled "you were always focused on studies. So I thought there's still time. Nandini's marriage is not fixed yet"

"Well then it's good, I am here early. I really don't want to miss any function. So when I can meet my would be jijaji?" Sneha looked so happy. She looked at Nandini in teasing manner. Shuboth hold her ear playfully.

"Well, well, it seems you have matured enough to tease your elder sister now?"

"I was just kidding...." Sneha stuck her tongue out and freed herself from his clutch and ran towards Rima who was smiling.

Nandini turned to Sunaina, "mom, I want to eat something"

Sunaina nodded, "sit in the dining room. I will bring breakfast. Now Shubodh and Sneha you two go and wash then come down to have food" she returned to the kitchen while Nandini and Rima followed in.

Sneha stated at Nandini's back, "Bhai it seems she is not happy about this marriage. Look at her she looked so uninterested when I teased her. Normally girls would blush but she rolled her eyes like it was an annoying topic"

Shubodh who understands the family tradition has guessed the situation. Indrajit hold the tradition first then family. If Nandini was not happy then it means the marriage was against her will.

Soon Nandini was eating her food while Shubodh and Sneha joined. They talked about random things until they reached Nandini's room. Sneha closed the door and Shubodh hold Nandini's hand gently.

"Now tell me what happened to you? You looked so depressed and angry about something"

"How did you—?" Nandini was surprised.

Shubodh smiled, "I am your brother remember?"

Nandini sighed and decided to tell everything. Starting from the part where she found Manik to the heartbreaking point. Then coming to the reunion and this marriage. She even told about Aniket's action and how his behaviour made Nandini more distant agd reluctant about this marriage.

"What the hell? Is he even human?" Sneha groaned. "how could he do something like this? So ridiculous" she fumed at the end.

"Does bade papa knows about it?" Shuboth asked.

"Dad don't have time to listen to me. Besides he knows everything about Manik and I. He just don't want to understand Aniket's matter" Nandini replied.

Shubodh frowned. Indrajit was really a smart person. How could he not notice this loopholes? Given to Indrajit's attitude, he would never agree to this marriage just like that. Then why he is forcing things like this?

"Bade papa knows?" Sneha gasped. "Oh my god, what was his reaction?"

"Bad" Nandini replied and it was not needed anymore to describe the bad term specifically.

"I can't believe, why everyone is forcing on this useless marriage? I mean marriage of about love and care. How could any girl marry someone she never knew just like that? It was her who is going to marry and live with that man and in his family for life not those who fixed the marriage" Sneha rolled her eyes, "seriously I am starting to get worried now. This kind of thing is really scary. Aniket may be rich but he couldn't even built his character with his money. Is this man even reliable for a second?"

Nandini sighed. But what she can do? She tried to fight but Manik's view was different from her. But she also knew even if Manik agreed to her words and eloped with her, they would be running and running here and there, trying to find a secure place live and also earse the fear of getting caught. And maybe they would because she knows her father well. He has great powers in his hand, loyal men working under her father wouldn't let then live in peace even if they ran. In this way, Manik saved her from all this trouble. But is it worth at the end? Nandini couldn't force her answer out.

At lunch time Indrajit returned. The full family had lunch happily. Now that Shubodh and Sneha was hete, it was completed. Sneha shared her many experiences and memories she gathered in her project work. Indrajit also praised her for success while he asked Shubodh about his work. In small chatting they forget to check the time. When everyone was settled in the hall  their servant informed that they have a guest.

Indrajit asked the servant to let the guests in. When the few unfamiliar people walked in everyone was confused. But Nandini who was sitting in the corner abruptly got up with shock. She wasn't expecting to happen. With a gasp she whispered, "Aunty Rachna?"