Chapter 44 - Slamming The Door

The birthday should be fun and exciting but at the end it finished in silent. All the audience were so shocked. They couldn't believe their eyes, all the incident was so sudden and rush, no one had the chance to react. The enjoyment of the party was long gone and the guests had to leave with frown. Outside there's no sign of Nandini when Samara looked around.

"She just left alone, isn't she?" She asked.

"Who could have guessed something like this would happen? I mean CFO proposing Nandini?" Yadav frowned. "It's really shocking"

"I knew this two have some past" Iniya sighed "but since it's their problem I never involved myself in it. But it was truly shocking to see Manik do such thing, infront of everyone"

"He didn't even cared about the result did he?" Samara asked. "I always saw him looking at Nandini, I didn't give much thought on this but now ... God, that was romantic" she suddenly grinned.

"What romantic?" Yadav glared, "looking at Nandini's behaviour it's more like she don't like him. Since the moment she saw him, she trying to shoo him away at any cost. Haven't you seen her expression? She don't appreciate it"

"What gotten in you?" Samara threw back "whatever I think is not your concern. If I find it romantic then it's romantic. Besides Nandini is not only your friend but mine too. Of course I am concerned about her, I was just saying the proposal was romantic not the situation"

"Stop you too?" Iniya glared "why are you always engaged in arguments? Can't you stay out of it even in this situation? We need to see Nandini right now"

"Right, she must be in her apartment" Yadav nodded.

"Lets go first, the way she left, it looked like she is devastated. I have never seen such expression before" Samara looked worried.

"Lets go" Iniya nodded and they headed towards the car.

Instead the hall Mr. Dharm was shaking his head "what's all these Manik? I never expected this from you. You invited us all here to witness this?"

"Manik, I have known you for years, and had no complaints against you, what were you thinking while doing this?" Mr. Ashok frowned.

Manik sighed "I am sorry boss, it's my fault I made a huge scene today. But I had no choice either"

"You know Nandini?" Mr. Dharm asked.

"Yes" Manik nodded without any hesitation.

Mr. Ashok sighed "even if you two have personal affection, I won't suggest you to something like this while you are giving a party with your business colleagues. This party more like a business party than birthday party. You should fix your personal problems privately"

"I am sorry boss, I know I have mixed my personal with professional" Manik sighed apologizing again.

"I know you don't have bad intention but boy, you need to work hard. You embarassed that lady infront of everyone. She was not expecting it either" Mr. Ashok suggested.

"Yes, Nandini is always like this. She is introvert" Mr. Dharm replied.

Manik looked at him. If only he could say what was she like in the past. But those things are only for him to know. He couldn't say it out loud nor he had the right to blame her fir running away rejecting his proposal.

On the other hand, Yadav, Samara and Iniya reached Nandini's apartment. They headed towards Nandini's door and found its locked.

"She must be inside" Samara said, "the way she left will she open the door?"