Chapter 81 - Another Guests

"You look exhausted" Sunaina said as she saw Indrajit sitting on chair with a tired expression. Hearing her words Indrajit looked up.

"It's just some work problem" he answered shortly.

Sunaina walked further into the room and rubbed the sweats forming on his forehead with the hem of her sari. "I know it's not only about work. You are troubled because of the Nandini's situation"

Indrajit sighed, "you are thinking too much Sunaina. You shouldn't overthinking something and utter nonsense"

Sunaina smiled, "you can try to hide it all you want but don't forget I am your wife and has been with you for all these years. Even if I don't have the ability to read your mind I still understand you. Even when you don't say anything"

Indrajit frowned and looked at his wife,"what are you trying to say?"

"I know you are worried about Nandini's future. But Aniket has already broken the engagement and left. Besides this arrangement were forced in the first place. But since it's already broken why don't we also think over Nandini's choice once?"

"Sunaina" Indrajit glared at her.

"I am not saying you have to approve immediately. But as a father you also have to consider her feelings for once. She agreed to marry the man you chose isn't it? Even though she don't wanted to. She compromised her feelings for you, can't you do the same for her?" Sunaina paused for a while. Looking at her husband's angry face she felt fear inside but she did not stopped from talking. She gathered all her courage and continued her words.

"I don't know why you don't like Manik but for me he isn't as bad as your picturing. He is a gentleman, a real gentleman I mean. He knows how to respect your decision even thought he was hurting your daughter in the process. They both love each other too much. Since this engagement was fixed I couldn't see my daughter smiling or laughing happily.  And I also know this is troubling you too. Nandini loved you more and always did whatever you asked her. She was the perfect daughter for you. And you are her idol. But at this situation, can't you give her a little space and consider her feelings for once. There wouldn't be any problem in  giving Manik a chance to prove himself being worthy for your daughter is not it?" She bit her lips and turned around walking towards the door. But before leaving she stopped and looked back at her husband, "and I think he has proved enough already" then she left closing the door.

Indrajit looked at the closed door with frown.

~~~~~~~~~~

Nandini was standing on the terrace looking at the stars. She sighed and closed her eyes feeling tired. Her heart was restless and she don't know what to do. Sometimes she started to think if all of her dream was going to shatter like this.

"Kittu?"

Nandini tired her head to see Subodh standing at the door.

"Bhai?" She frowned.

Suboth smiled and walked towards her, "it's already late at night. What are you doing here alone?"

"I wasn't feeling sleepy so I thought to take some fresh air" Nandini replied and again stared at the sky.

Beside her Subodh sighed, "I know you are restless" he said, "and as your brother I couldn't even do anything. Everyone knows what kind of temper Tau has. Even if I want to help you, I am helpless"

Nandini looked at him, "Bhai you are thinking too much. You don't have to do anything. I know dad and also knows about his behaviour. If he determined something no one can change it"