Chapter 13 - The Dream

The hall was beautifully decorated with flowers and lights. There are noises coming and going filling the whole area. Everyone was having a smiling face as they talk and joke around. Some are even praising the beautiful decoration and couldn't wait to see the proceeds of the ceremony.

Nandini was sitting on her bed while wearing a heavy dress which was custom made for her. She was wearing a red lengna with golden embroidery design which was shining when the lights fell on it. She had her make up on and was waiting for the time. Few girls opened the door and walked in all laughing happily.

"Oh look at our bride, doesn't she looks beautiful today" one of the girl said.

"Of course, it's the wedding after all. Our Nandini is looking all gorgeous and I believe the groom will pass out in the marriage hall once he saw his bride" the other girl teased.

Nandini smiled lightly and she could feel blush crawling on her face. Her face become hot from all shyness she was feeling. There was also nervousness in her heart but at the end she was happy.

"Stop teasing now, can't you see our bride has become tomato?" Another one scolded but she said with a teasing smile. All other looked at Nandini then they started to laugh.

"Don't worry dear Nandini, your would be husband will be here soon and will make you his. I guess you don't have to wait for long"

Suddenly there was a music from outside and all the girls ran outside. Nandini who was feeling nervous heard someone yelled the groom has arrived. Her heart jumped and happiness bloomed in her heart. Finally.

After sometime the girls entered again and told her it's time. Nandini nodded and got up from her bed. She glanced at the mirror to check one again.

"Oh come one, we told you, you look beautiful and don't need to recheck yourself. Let's go we can't let your groom to wait for long"

Nandini blushed when she was teared again. The girls helped her walk outside. With a slow steps she walk towards the hall. She can hear the priest chanting mantras and the whispering of the crowd. Today is the happiest day of her life and she couldn't wait to start a new life. Once they reached the hall evryone's gaze fell on her. Nandini slowly raised her head to peek at her groom but when she saw him, she was stunned.

No..... This is wrong. The man who was sitting in the hall was the man whom she wanted to marry. How could this happened? How come her groom was changed all of a sudden? The man sitting in the mandap was someone who is completely stranger to him. She has never seen him before. Anxiously she looked around. Everyone was looking at her with weird gazes.

"Nandini?" Sunaina walked towards her.

"Mom" Nandini called out.

"What happened dear? Why are you standing here? Everyone is waiting"

"Mom, he....." Nandini pointed towards the Stanger "who is he?"

Sunaina frowned "what are you saying? He is your would be husband"

"No.....he is not...." Nandini shook her head vigorously "he can never be. He is not the the man I want to marry"

"Nandini are you insane?" Sunaina almost yelled.

"No....." Nandini held her head and screamed "this can't be.....no......I can't marry him. He is not Manik......."

"No ......" Nandini jerked back and sit on her bed. She blinked few times before touching her forehead. Her forehead was sweaty and she felt her heart was pounding hard inside her chest.