Chapter 51 - His Truth

Next day in the evening Nandini stood outside Garde Manger Cafe. She looks looked at the huge logo placed on the top. She has been thinking about it all the time. Though she wanted to avoid, she couldn't. She wanted to know what does he wants. He hurt him so much and pushed him away so far. Now that she was trying to live her life he barged insude her life again, runing everything. She had enough of it. She couldn't stand it. She just wanted to get away but she also wanted to hear him. Though she thinks it's pointless but she still wanted to know the reason. Sighing she glanced at the place again. But there's no one. The tables outside were set empty. She frowned. Shouldn't this place be crowded like always? Why it's empty today?

"Okay focus on the situation Nandini" Nandini uttered to herself as she heaved a sigh. Taking the first step she walked towards the door and pushed it open. But like outside it was also empty. The whole place bathed in dim light. She couldn't see her surroundings which made her confused. He told her he will wait but why this place was like this?

Nandini stepped in. She thought for a while before calling out "Manik?"

"You are finally here" she could hear the voice yet couldn't see him. She saw a figure moved from the side and walking towards her.

Nandini frowned "what's all this? Did you call me here to face the darkness? Is this your intention?"

"No, I know you would come. So I had to make the preparation beforehand" Manik replied as he stopped in front of her.

"What are you trying to do?" She asked "I don't have times for your game. If you want to waste time then I am leaving" she turned around to open the door but Manik caught her wrist.

"Wait, you can't go. Not when you have finally taken the initiative to come here. It's already hard to get your time. Will you please trust me for once? I need to show you something"

Nandini turned to him again "that's the problem Manik, I can't trust you"

Manik sighed, "okay, at least for the sake of your intention, hear me out first before you plan to leave?"

Nandini didn't reply but stood there silently. Manik taken the silence as yes and he let go of her wrist and stepped back a little.

"I know you are angry and your anger is justified. I do want to cure that hateful feelings you feel for me even though I know the reason was me. I have regretted every second yet I still had to ignore you, hurt you. My sorry won't be able to heal your heart but I guess I could just make it lighter?"

Nandini was stood there listening to him. He never talked to her like this. He always stood in his introvert side giving her cold shoulders when she wanted to get closer to him. But today hearing him explaining like this, she was quite surprised. Yet she knew she couldn't say anything. She was here to listen.

She heard Manik snapped his fingers which made the room lit up. She closed her eyes as the sudden light blinded her eyes. When she opened her eyes she gasped. She looked around to see the whole place was decorated with flowers and balloons like it was kind of celebration day. But what was more shocking, the walls were filled with her pictures. She couldn't believe her eyes. All those pictures are of her days spent in the university. She never knew her pictures are taken in such a way.

"Surprised?" She heard him ask. Nandini turned to look at him.

"These...." She pointed to the pictures "how....when?"

Manik smiled  as she walked to her "I did it. I always did. I wanted to capture every moment. But I couldn't be with you so I took your pictures capturing you closely. I know it's crazy but I couldn't help it"

"I never knew" she was still in shock.

"I know. I never gave you the chance to realise it. I never wanted you to know that I was secretly taking your pictures" he turned to look at the picture where I was drinking tea at the roadside stall.

"This picture is one of my favourite. You looked so cute when you were laughing. I have admired you secretly and took the picture when you were drinking tea so happily"

Nandini was so shocked. He admired her secretly? Then why he always avoided her on surface? She couldn't understand it at all. She roamed her eyes around the pictures again. There was so many scenes she remembered. He really did captured many memories. There are also pictures of her reading, writing, biting pens while thinking, eating street foods and so many more. She don't know what to say now. What's happening? She was not expecting it at all.

Manik turned to look at her confused expression "I know you were shocked. Well I myself was shocked to say all of this secret. I know I have neglected you, always and hurt you in every way possible"

"Why?" Nandini asked.

"What?" Manik looked at her.

"Why did you hurt me if you admired me secretly? You hurted me intentionally don't you?" She looked up at him.

"Will you believe if I tell you the reason?"

"Are you willing to say?" She didn't reply but asked another question.

Manik looked at her for few more moments before sighing, "because I couldn't help myself to trust your words"

Nandini frowned "what?"

He shook his head "I couldn't trust  you when you say you love me"

Nandini stared at him blankly. He ignored her because he never believed her? He thought she was playing with him? How could he think like that? She was so crazy after him, trying to get his attention yet he thought she was lying to him?

"You thought I was lying?" Her hurtful expression made his heart clench.

"No don't think like that" he rushed to explain, "what I wanted to say is, yes I couldn't believe you at first but I understand later. It was my fault, I am sorry. I doubted you"

Nandini glared at him. She walked towards him and grabbed his collar forcefully, "of course it's your fault. Because of you I had to go through the pain. Now I am hearing you never believed my words? Do you think I will be happy to hear it? What do you think of yourself?"

Manik hold her wrist "it's my fault, if you want you can scold me, beat me, do whatever you want. I won't say a word"

Nandini huffed and snatched her hands back "will scolding and beating you wash my pain? You never understand me nor you will ever be. I was such a fool to waste my time on you. How could I be so foolish?"

Manik shook his head "no, don't say such thing. You are smart and beautiful. It's me who couldn't assure myself to trust you. I thought you will be like her and the end will be the same as before. But I was wrong. When I got to understand that thing, it was already late. I already lost you"

Nandini frowned at him "what do you mean by like her?"

Manik gulped down as he looked at her. He knew it was time to tell her the truth. He need to explain why he couldn't believe her at first. He needed to clear the confusion between them. His mother was right if he want her to listen to him, he need to tell her everything. Only then he could get the chance he wanted. Nandini was looking at him with frown. He heaved a sigh preparing himself for the truth.

"I don't know how will you react after listening but whatever it is I want to tell you everything" he said, "before you, there was another woman who came into my life. She was like you, spirited, lively and energetic. She also proposed me just like you did"

Nandini stood there with her wide eyes. She couldn't process the truth. There was another woman like her? She had once witnessed his girlfriend in the university. But it was a one time meeting. After that she never saw her again, not alone nor with him. Now hearing him said this she felt like there's some heaviness in her heart.

Manik could see her expression "her name was Anaya, we met in a vacation. And she was my first love"

Hearing him mentioning first love, Nandini felt her heart shattered. She never expected this turning in the situation. It was out of every imagination.