Chapter 66 - She Is Little Drunk

"So what happened back then?" Manik asked after they ordered food. They were sitting in the nearby restaurant to have their meal. Their seat was in the corner which was little far from the other people. Manik was anxious to know while Nandini was nervous.

"I had to go back home that day. My mom called suddenly and asked to return. I couldn't find the chance to tell you anything and cancel our meeting. So I had to go home"

Manik observed her expression which was kind of different from the usual one. He knows it wasn't as simple as it was placed infront of him. There was more into it.

"So...?" He raised an eyebrow. Seeing Nandini silent Manik sighed. "Nandini look at me. If you don't want to say it then it's fine, I won't ask you again nor force you. We can forget about it. I can understand there was problem and it's not a big deal. You don't have to worry okay?" He tried to give comfort.

Nandini raised her head and look at him, "no, we can't just forget it because it will lead to a big event" she gathered her all courage, "do you know why? Because my parents called me back to fix my marriage, they want me to get married"

Manik was stunned hearing her. Marriage? How come it came in between? He just able to get the chance to court her yet her parents are taking her away from him again? Suddenly he felt a familiar pain in his chest.

"Marriage?" He asked tried to ease the stiffness in his chest. He wanted to confirm if he had heard something mistakenly.

"Yes, my parents wants me to get married. So they called to meet the would be groom for us to see eachother and also get to know" Nandini replied and looked at him closely, "he is America return and want to take me back with him after marriage"

Manik gave a blank smile, "your parents are really fast. They did found a good choice of a groom for you"

"Of course, afterall they are my parents and they want me to be happy. They thinks that the America return could keep me happy all my life. They have lots of money, so much that it couldn't finish even if I spend it all my life" Nandini boosted her words infront of him. "Besides I don't think it's a bad choice too. He is good looking, well educated, socialized and well-established person. He has business there and also a house of his own. Isn't it a good choice?" She asked looking at him seriously.

Does she considered the marriage? Manik asked himself. He couldn't find any joking smile on her face while saying that. She looked so serious like she was telling him about her life event. He gulped hard and felt all his appetite has gone already and he couldn't digest a single bite of food.

There was a moment of silence between them. He thought for a while as he looked up and found her looking at him with the same blank expression.

"Are you happy with this marriage?" He asked but the moment those words left his mouth he regretted it. He saw her expression immediately changed into anger. She didn't said a word but suddenly got up from the chair and without any word she turned around and left the restaurant while he sat there watching her leaving.

"Nandini" he called out yet it was too late. As he got up to chase after her the waiter arrived with their food.

"Sir?" The waiter frowned.

"I am sorry but there's an emergency so we have to leave" Manik smiled automatically, "I will pay for the food" he nodded and headed towards the bill counter. After paying the bill he hurried outside but couldn't find Nandini. Frustrated he looked up at the sky and cursed his heart out. He knows what he said was wrong and he really want to slap himself for it. Shaking his head he ran towards the office building again.

Later that night, Manik was sitting in his room. It was already 10 pm but he was sitting on the couch loking at the ceiling. He skipped his dinner and drank a glass of wine. He don't understand what he should do? It was lucky that he was able to meet Nandini again. Even though it was a pure coincidence but he was glad it did happened. He knew he hurted her in the past. He had broken her heart when she was so ready to give everything for him. He was such a jerk then. But his past weren't letting him to accept the truth and whenever he tried the 'what if' would always put into question mark. He lost the chance before and now he don't want to lose it for the second time.