Chapter 69 - Sunaina's Fear

In the shopping mall the two families arrived together. It was a wedding season so the mall was quite crowded today. Most of the customers are bride came to shop. Sunaina and other walked towards the few shops in line. They chose less crowded shop before entering. All the clothing shops are expensive. Seeing this Nandini rolled her eyes and felt presence near her. When she turned she saw Aniket was smiling at her. 

Nandini felt like slapping his face then shook off the idea before entering the shop. Aniket smiled and followed her in. Sunaina, Chandrika and Rima sat on stool and asked the seller to show latest designer cloths.

"I think saari is also good for the engagement" Rima said as she eyed the beautiful series of latest designer saaries.

"Nandini have to wear saari in the wedding, I guess lehnga will be better for her" Sunaina said.

"Whatever it is Nandini will look beautiful in both" Chandrika chuckled.

Sunaina smiled, "you are right, lets do one thing we will buy both saari and lehnga, let Nandini choose what she wanted to wear by herself. The final decision will be hers"

"Good idea" Chandrika and Rima nodded.

"But where is Nandini? It's her engagement. She should be the one giving suggestions" Chandrika looked around.

"Um... actually Nandini don't like shopping so she always stayed behind in such time" Sunaina found an excuse and smiled. Het eyes roamed around and saw Nandini at side sitting on the lone sofa holding a magazine. She frowned.

"I will come in a minute " Sunaina said and got up before walking towards Nandini.

"Nandini what are you doing here? We all are so excited to select new cloths for you. But you are sitting here like all of this has nothing to do with you" Sunaina frowned.

Nandini looked up, "this was all your idea. I didn't say I am too excited about this marriage. Everything is forced mom and you know it clearly but why are you pretending not to know it?" She threw the magazine on the table.

"Nandini " Sunauna hissed "don't say like that. You are already grown up. Why are you behaving like a kid. Whatever we are doing is for your own good. Look how happy everyone is because of this marriage. Your father, me, and all the other members of the family —"

"I am not happy mom" Nandini cut her in, "but I guess you just want to pretend not to see it. You just wanted me to accept this marriage sacrificing my own happiness. This is what you want? For me to regret all my life? " Nandini got up.

"Why do you always think that we are forcing you?" Sunaina frowned. "Nandini you have to understand. Aniket is a good man with reputation in the society and has his own business. He is not son in law yet but he behaved like one and also respect us.  Everyone can see this truth then why are you closing your eyes and refused to see it?"

"Money is not everything mom" Nandini replied.

"Nandini don't be too rude. We are at public place. Do you want to argue with me like this? They are here because we have invited them. You should show some respect to them. Besides they are your in laws. If you keep behaving like that they will think there's something wrong. Do you want to shame us like this? Do you want to shame your father with such attitude of yours?" Sunaina asked hoping her daughter will corporate with her. She don't want Aniket's family to suspect of her daughter 's behaviour.

"I am sorry mom  I have no choice but to say what is true now. I can't betray myself like this anymore"

Hearing her daughter Sunaina felt herself in trouble. She glared at her then returned back to the selection area. Nandini watched her mother then sighed.