Chapter 67 - Waking Up With him

The next morning when Nandini woke up she felt headache. She felt like her head was about to explode. She groaned a little then she felt something was off. She looked down to see she was naked. Not understanding her situation she turned her head only to find a man was sleeping beside her with his back on her. Her eyes widened as she felt her blood drained from her face. She remembered she went to a club last night then got drunk. She did felt someone carried her but then she forgot everything. How and what happened last night was blur she she couldn't remember clearly. She looked around and sighed when she saw she was in her apartment but the person sleeping next to her was the biggest question. Who was he?

Her questions were answered when the man groaned and stirred before turning his face towards her. Nandini's heart jolted instantly as she looked at the familiar handsome face. It had to be him? She sighed. It was like a relief washed over her body. But they doesn't change the face they had sex last night. She bit her lips and tried to get down from bed when she felt pain in her lower part. She hissed silently groaning a little which made Manik wake up immediately.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" He got up and asked her. Nandini pushed his hands away.

"What's the meaning of this Manik? Why are you here?"

"You don't remember?" Manik sighed, "look I know what happened lady night was difficult to explain but it was not my intention at all"

"Of course, that's why you and me ended up in the bed naked" she rolled her eyes. She pulled the cover tightly covering her breasts. Manik smiled at her attempt.

"Why hiding now? I have seen everything "

"Stop that smug smile of yours or I will also your face" she hissed.

"Okay sorry. I didn't meant to"

"You didn't meant to buy you did everything at the end"

"You can't accuse me like that. It's not me who wanted to happen this" he said and Nandini glared at him. "I mean not when you are not in right mind. I took you home because you were drunk and the bartender called me. But after entering your apartment, you kissed me out of nowhere. I tried to avoid, but I couldn't when the woman seducing me was you. It was painful and too hard to resist. And you were so reluctant to let me go and I gave up" he shook his head. "I am sorry, I knew it was like a taking advantage of your drunken state but your kisses are too tempting to refuse. I couldn't help myself "

Nandini got up from bed, "forget it. Whatever happened has happened. And now get out of my house"

"You are discarding me like that woman?" He frowned. "Even after what happened last night?"

She turned to look at him "no, I am kicking you out because we have a office to attend" with that she went to the bathroom. Manik smiled sitting on bed. It mean she didn't regret it. Isn't it?

When Nandini get out of the bathroom Manik was gone. She sighed and looked herself in the mirror. She always wanted to make love to him but not like this. She wanted it to happen officially, with a bond. But whatever happened last night was all a drunken mistake. What she is going to do now? Her parents are forcing her to marry someone she don't like and on the other hand she don't want to leave the man she loved all the time. She respects her parents. They had done so many things for her. And for which she always obeyed their instructions. But how could she accept a man whom she don't know just because her parents said so? It's about her life time matter. If she gets married as per her parents's wish then she knows she will never be happy. She could never be. And if she goes against them and be with Manik then it will also make her unhappy. Hurting her parents how could she be happy?

Nandini sat on bed looking blank. She couldn't find any solution to her problem. She don't know what she should do now. She felt like she was standing between a huge mountain avd there's no way out. Just turn her phone rang. She saw her mother's name was flashing in the screen. She rolled her eyes and reluctantly picked the call up.

"Nandini, why are you not picking up the call?" Her mother asked as soon as she answered it.

"I was in the bathroom" Nandini replied and went to her wardrobe to find her cloths.

"Anyways, I have a happy news. Take a leave from the office and come home"

"Why would I do that?" She asked.

"Nandini what kind of question is that?" Her mother sighed, "I can understand your feelings but you have to do it today or tomorrow. Besides as your parents your dad and me would never want you to feel wronged"

"I have a office to attend mom, can you just come to the point? I am already getting late" Nandini replied annoyed. She was tired of listening to the lectures of her mother and she don't have the mood to hear her more. She knows there must be some purpose which is why her mother called her.

"Girls this days don't even want to listen to good things" her mother sighed. "Anyways it's not me who want you to come home but your dad too. You can return back after that. The fact is your engagement is fixed after 3 days so you have to return home fast. After the ceremony you can return back to your work"

The phone in Nandini's hand almost slipped when she heard that. Her engagement is fixed? So soon? She bit her lips as tears threatening to fall. Why they are so hurry to marry her off? Now does they find her a burden which they want to discard as soon as possible? They didn't even asked if she wanted to marry or she liked the man. But they directly fixed the engagement date?

"Engagement? Is not it too rush?" She asked gritting her teeth.

"Why are you saying that? The Bhatt family is excited to take you in their home sonner than faster. Do you know Chandrika said that Aniket likes you do much that he even asked them to process the engagement faster. That man has become crazy for you and all the time he looked forward to meet you. After you left Aniket came to take you out but you left so fast"

"Mom I am getting late. I don't have time to listen gossips" Nandini was about to cut the call but her mother said again.

"Nandini I know you don't like this arrangement currently. But my dear at least try to make yourself comfortable with it. I mean Aniket is a good child and well settled man. You will never regret marrying him. Your dad has choosen him carefully for you. Besides how will you know him and be happy if you avoid him so much? This time when you come I want you to meet Aniket and spend time with him. In this way you will be familiar with him and his personality, and who knows if you start liking him too?" Sunaina chuckled.

"I have seen him enough to reject" Nandini said.

"Nandini don't be too harsh. Aniket is  the perfect one for you. You will understand it when you meet him properly and talk to him. That man is asking when you will return back and was too desperate to meet you. If you keep avoiding him then it will be too disrespectful. You are going to spend your life with him. So it will be helpful if you try to get to know eachother more"

Nandini rolled her eyes "I have a work" then cut the call before throwing it on bed. She don't understand why her mother was so persisting to like Aniket? How could she like another man when she already has someone in her heart? Why can't her own mother understand it? Why she is persuing her to do some she don't want. Angrily Nandini grabbed her cloth and started to charge it .

Sunaina looked at her phone with displeasure. She was trying to make her daughter understand things but she cut the call. She shook her head. What she is going to do with her?

"What happened? Did you call Nandini?" Rima asked as she walked in.

Sunaina nodded, "that girl seemed so reluctant to agree to this engagement"

Rima smiled, "kids now a days behaves like that and it's totally normal. Nandini finds it hard to get along with a stranger. But after this engagement when she get to know Aniket more she will be fine. Besides since it's an arranged marriage of course there will be little disagreement. Don't worry it will pass with time. Give her little space she needs"

Sunaina nodded, "you are right"

Rima nodded, "let's go, there are many things left to arrange for the engagement. We need to finish it soon" then they both rushed out of the room.