Chapter 22 - The Surprise

Next morning Nandini got ready happily. She couldn't wait to meet Manik. She choose a stylish dress for herself and applied a make up to look beautiful. She felt satisfied looking at her avater in the mirror. Suddenly a blush crawled on her cheeks thinking about him.

Finally he asked me out - she mumbled to herself and grinned again.

"Wow, someone looks so happy today huh" there come Sanchita 's voice. Nandini turned and grinned at her best friend.

"You don't know Sanchita, today is my big day. You know we know eachother quite a long now but he never stepped forward to confess anything. It was only me who did it. But yesterday when he asked me to meet him, oh god, I still couldn't believe myself that he really did"

Sanchita smiled "well, believe or not it's true isn't it? That's why you got ready to meet your prince charming?"

"Charming or not he is my prince for sure" Nandini said.

"Okay come on. It's already 9. Lets go and have breakfast first"

"I will eat later. I can't digest anything because of this excitement " Nandini shook her head.

Sanchita rolled her eyes "drama queen stop the act. I know you are happy and all excited but that doesn't mean you should go empty stomach. Beside that love boy of yours is a totally weird person. No one can predict his behaviour so it's better for you to eat something so that you will have energy for everything "

"Nothing bad will happen come on" Nandini groaned.

"No one can predict future dear. Besides skipping breakfast is bad. Now stop throwing tantrums like 5 and go with me like a good girl"

"Are you serious?"

Sanchita narrowed her eyes "do I look like I am joking?"

"Fine, I know you won't let me go till I agree" Nandini sighed.

"Wow, I always knew that you are smart" Sanchita winked and Nandini laughed. She love her best friend. She knows her better than anyone. God what will she do without her?

Sanchita didn't said a word but dragged Nandini out of the room for breakfast. The hostel serves breakfast
at 9 am in the morning then lunch at 12. If anyone miss the meal time then they had to eat outside with their own money. So Sanchita dragged Nandini towards dining area where all the students gathered for the first meal of the day.

After 30 minutes Nandini reached college with Sanchita. She looked around the college gate as she entered.

"Your hero is not here, stop looking" Sanchita whispered.

Nandini rolled her eyes.

"I have to attend classes so I am leaving" Sanchita said again.

"Okay meet you in the evening " Nandini waved her hand to her before she walked towards the direction of the library.

"Is he here?" Nandini asked to herself as she stepped inside the library. She looked around but couldn't find him.

Where are you Manik?

She thought and walked farther. May be he is not here yet. She walked towards the book shelves and started to check the books randomly.why he is so late? He said he will be waiting for me in the library but now where is he?

"Nandini"

Nandini turned around and found Manik standing behind her. She smiled when she saw his handsome face. Her heart flattered and softness filled her chest.

"You are here?" She asked.

He nodded.

"You are late"