Chapter 17 - He is coming back

In the hospital room the curtains were flying slightly and the sun rays falling on the white bed where a pale figure lying. The person on the bed moved her body slightly and let out a groan. Nandini covered her face with her hand. She blinked few times before finally opening her eyes wide. She looked around the room and all she could see was white.

"You are awake?" Sanchita walked him holding a plastic bag.

"I am in hospital?" Nandini asked.

"Yeah" Sanchita placed the bag she was carrying on the table.

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Sanchita narrowed her eyes with annoyance.

Nandini held her head and she was about to move her other hand when she felt sudden pain and she hissed closing her eyes.

"Don't move like that or you will only end up breaking it" Sanchita said observing her action.

Nandini looked at her then to her hand. Her right hand was bandaged and she couldn't lift it casually.

"What happened to my hand?' she asked.

"They cut it"

"What?" Nandini almost fainted with shock.

Sanchita calmly pulled out two tumblers  "why are you so shocked" she rolled her eyes "can't you see your hand? "

"But you said-"

"Yeah I said that so?" She walked towards Nandini "are you an idiot or something? No, tell me what the hell were you thinking running like that on the road. Those vehicles don't have eyes and of the situation was not under control then anything could have happened"

Nandini felt guilty. She ran out like mad person but then she went to the road before she could understand she saw a car running towards her then she couldn't remember anything.

"I-I had a accident?' she uttered.

"Oh, my god. You finally realised it. I am so blessed" Sanchita mocked.

"Why are you saying like that?"

"Shouldn't I? Do you even understand how serious the situation was Nandini? You almost died there if the car didn't stopped right at moment. It's fortunate that you only got a slight hit and fractured your hand in the process. You were unconscious all night" Sanchita yelled angrily.

Nandini gasped. Unconscious all night? The news of him leaving forever made her so crazy that she could not understand about her surrounding yet she ran after him like a mad girl without caring about herself.

"He said he is leaving forever" Nandini looked up.

"Shut up" Sanchita was so angry that she wanted to slap her hard.

"You are still into him? How can you be so blind Nandini? You are loosing everything including your own sanity? Yesterday you ran like someone is about to die and it your last chance to meet. Were you so crazy that you almost jumped in the arms of death?"

"Sanchita it's not that-" Nandini tried to speak.

"Then what it is?  If you don't think about yourself then at least think about your parents, your family. What will happen to them if they hear you getting into an accident for a boy?"

"Sanchita you are not understanding" Nandini shook her head.

"I think the person who is lacking understanding is you Nandini. In the name of love you are sacrificing everything, including your self respect. But at the end what did you get? Hurt? He kept ignoring you and you are running after him. And now this is the second time you got into accident. What about third huh? Want to die permanently? Do you want to lose your life for him?"