Chapter 74 - Clash In The Dinner Date

Few days went peacefully. Like before Nandini's family didn't pressured her for marriage. The Bhatt family did came frequently and Aniket asked Nandini out again. Nandini had refused many times before but Aniket looked more like shameless category type. No matter how much she shows her disapproval he would come back with another proposal. Feeling irritated Nandini had to agree with his dinner plan so that she could shut his mouth.

In the evening Aniket came to Nandini's home to pick her up. He brought a flowers for her and looked like a gentleman in his suit. Nandini chose to wear traditional cloth. Aniket though frowned at her attire because he was expecting to see her in some modern cloths but he still didn't said a word and happily took her out.

"You know Nandini, I have booked the best restaurant for our date. I hope you don't hate sea foods" Aniket said as he drove the car.

"I am not very fond of it" Nandini replied slowly. To be honest she was not serious about the dinner plan. She never had the interest at all. 

Soon they reached the restaurant and sat on their seat. The waiter brought menu and Aniket took the initiative to order foods for them. As for Nandini she was careless.

"You know in US I used to dine in the expensive restaurant in weekends. Good food, drinks and travel is what makes life enjoyable. After we get married I will take you out to see more things" Aniket said.

Nandini looked at him, "you were always talking about yourself Aniket. Have you ever tried to consider of I want this marriage or not? You don't even want to know what I feel for you?"

Aniket smiled, "does that matter? I mean look our parents knows things better. What we need to do is obey them. I am agreeing with this marriage because of my parents and you should do the same. Besides what's there to refuse either? Everyone craves for a well settled family like us. I have good income, house and can take all the responsibility of the family. What you need more? We can enjoy life as we want" he leaned on the table and looked at her, "Nandini I guess you are thinking too much. There are many girls who want to built relationship with us and become my wife. But my parents seems to like you, so they settled the marriage. I have no problems with that. You are beautiful and modern just like the way I want"

"So you want to marry me because I am your type?" Nandini gritted her teeth.

"Yeah, what's problem in that?" Aniket shrugged carelessly. "You are asking so many questions. What about you? Am I your type?"

Nandini didn't reply but stared at him intensely, "do you know what Aniket, I afraid you are no where near my type"

Her reply was so direct that it stiffened the proud smile on Aniket's face. He wasn't expecting a girl to say like this. It was a kind of rejection and also a great insult for himself. He had many affairs in the US and most them also slept with him. They all wanted to seduce him and would talk lovely, praising him, boosting his ego. This is the first time he was trying to get a girl's attention yet got such a hard slap on his face. After this Aniket couldn't maintain his smile anymore. After the waiter brought food they had it in silence. The happy mood was gone now and everything seems everything turned cold around them. The ride after the dinner was silent too. Nandini didn't have any interest. Aniket was angry, his ego was hurt today. He had been trying to make her fall for him but all his attempt went on waste. Frowning he increased the speed of the car which made Nandini frown.

"What are you doing? Are you trying to kill us?" Nandini couldn't help but ask.

Aniket laughed, "why? Are you scared?" He glanced at her frowning face, "don't worry you are in safe hands. I am habituated driving like this. The road in US are really comfortable to drive crazily. And it's night time so.." his words didn't get complete as their car hit a scooty. Aniket hit the break with a jerk. They could hear a scream behind.

Nandini hurriedly went out of the car. Aniket want to stop her but she was faster. An old couple was lying on the road. While the old lady was crying. Nandini's heart clenched at the sight. She was about to go towards them when Aniket hold her arm and pulled pack.

"Nandini what are you doing? Do you want us to get caught in this mess? If something happens to them they it will be police case, let's go back. It's dark anyway, they couldn't see us either" Aniket hissed. At this moment he thought Nandini was really stupid.

Nandini glared at him. She forcefully removed his hand from her arm. "This mess is what you created. And now you want to accept it? Who told you to drive so fast until your eyes get blind and couldn't see there are other people in the road? It is your responsibility that I am trying to solve. I never knew that after settling in US you even lost the humanity in you" she snapped and walked towards the old couple. She helped them up.

"I am sorry, aunty, it's all because of us" she apologized softly. Lucky the couple didn't get hurt much but some scratches in their arm. Nandini bandaged their small wounds and helped them drink water.

"We came out for a long drive at night but who would have thought that it would lead to accident? " The woman shokk her head.

"We were careless, actually the one who were driving was tensed about something which led to this accident. I hope you can forgive us" Nandini said again.

"It's good, you understand your mistakes and didn't ran away like cowards. You also helped us so thank you for that" The man said.

Nandini smiled, "it's our fault we should have been more cautious even if it's night. I am sorry again uncle aunty"

"It's fine, you can go back. Your partner is waiting anxiously" The woman said pointing towards Aniket who was standing near the car.

"He is not my partner just some relatives" Nandini replied and again apologised before going back.

Once they settled in the car, Aniket asked her, "so, are you satisfied now?"

Nandini looked at him, "don't talk to me like that. If you can't maintain a car speed then how do you think you will maintain your life. You can only give long, big speeches while you don't know a basic thing about your speech"

"You are accusing me?" Aniket rolled his eyes, "Nandini you are too dramatic. Are you even serious? Look this kind of things happens always in roads. It doesn't mean we should help everyone. We can't stop accidents happening"

"I am not talking about others. I am talking about you and me. It wasn't an accident but it was your irresponsibility that hurts the two innocent people yet you are even reluctant to help him? What if your parents was in their places? Would still think that was too dramatic?" This time Nandini raised her voice.

Aniket suddenly got angry, "what the hell why are you dragging my parents here. What are you trying to say?"

"I am trying to state the fact you are reluctant to understand. But it seems like you never will because you can't take your own responsibility nor you appreciate others when they does" Nandini was so angry that she get out of the car. She wouldn't ride with this man anymore.

"Hey where are you going?" Aniket panicked and get out of the car. "Nandini you can't be serious. It's late, get in the car"

"I have enough of you and your low mindset. I can't stand you anymore" Nandini snapped at him.  At that moment a taxi was passing by. Nandini stopped the taxi and get inside before looking at Aniket who was giving her disbelieving look.

"Thanks for the dinner" she said and the taxi drove away leaving Aniket alone standing in the middle of the road while staring at the moving taxi.