Chapter 27 - She Came

Next day Nandini got up early. She completed her studies then took a bath to relax. When she walked out of the bathroom Sanchita was reading her notes. She was so focused that she didn't realised Nandini was looking at her.

"What happened? This is the first time I am seeing you reading so early in the morning" Nandini said as she walked towards her bed.

"I forgot to revise the notes. And damn I also forgot that I have a test today in the class" Sanchita cursed under her breath "I really don't know what does that prof. got taking tastes out of nowhere? I mean I still need to give those semester exams and he had to add another one" at the end she rolled her eyes.

Nandini chuckled "I think you need a little piece of mind"

"Really, I really, really, really need that. I am so tired of this tests. But if I skip the class that prof. will kill me next time I join"

"Why do you need to skip?"

"To escape from his fucking tests. It's so frustrating"

"Come on we are here for this isn't it?" Nandini grabbed her cloth.

"Damn yes, but...." Sanchita pouted "are you going anywhere today? I mean after class?"

"No, I don't have extra time to spend"

"Umm.... Nandini, are you moving on really? I mean I know you love Manik, you still do. Can you walk away from him or forget him?" Sanchita frowned.

Nandini paused her works then sighed "no, I can't. He is the first man I ever love in my whole life besides my family. I can't forget what I feel for him nor I have the heart to move on from this"

"Even after knowing it's just one sided?"

Nandini smiled "may be it's one sided but it's not false. It's true, true from my own heart, from every cells of my body"

"I know you love him so much but the way he behaves it's really confusing. Nandini as your friend I want you to be happy, and I will support you even if I don't like the other party but at the same time I don't want you to get hurt, specially not from the person you love" Sanchita felt bad for her.

Nandini shook her head "don't worry, I know what I am doing. Though I said I can't forget him nor move on but that also doesn't mean I will sacrifice my own self integrity and my priority. I love him it's true and it's also true that I love myself too. The love I have for him will always there but I won't let him hurt me like he did again and again"

Sanchita nodded with a smile. She pushed the note at side and got up before pulling Nandini in a warm hug "I knew that you are smart. Know that I will always be there whenever you need me okay? I will share everything you want to"

Nandini smiled "thays why I am still sabe isn't it?" She chuckled.

"Yep, I guess so" Sanchita laughed.

In the college, Nandini walked out after finishing her 3rd class. She headed towards the library to get some books she needed to make notes. She picked some books and about to walk towards the counter when her gaze fell outside the window. From the library window the backyard of the college could be seen. There are few trees planted and benches were placed under the shade. She saw a figure sitting on bench. She frowned looking at it then turned her head and walk towards the counter to sign for the books.

Manik was sitting alone. Hos friends called him to join them but he refused. He wanted to be alone. His head was still aching lightly after the hangover. He don't know what he did last night but his friend told him he talked to his girlfriend. He sighed and glanced at side only to see a pair of feet. He dragged his gaze trailing through the figure and found Nandini was looking at him.

"What are you doing here?" He frowned.

"Because I can" Nadini replied.

"What? I want to be alone. If you don't have anything then-"

"I have my reason" she replied before he could finish.

"What?"

"I want explanation"

It confused him "what explanation?"

"That why you had to disturb me late at night after getting yourself drunk?" She asked without any expression.

He turned his head to the side. He don't know what to reply. Though he was drunk he still could remember little of their conversation happened on the phone.

"It was a mistake" he said.

"Oh, what a mistake! I am really surprised" Nandini mocked.

He turned to her again growing "what happened to you?"

"Same here"

Manik was surprised. He looked at her dumbfounded. What's she saying?

"What do you mean?"

"You know clearly what I mean" she said and walked before sitting in bench in the other side. "I don't think I need to explain it why you have to call me last night"

"I told you it was a mistake" he repeated.

"Kind of which never happened" she retorted. He fell in silence.

"Even if we don't share the same feelings we still are human and humanity is made in us. It says sharing decrease the loads of burden " she said calmly. Though she was saying this, her face didn't show any expression.

Manik heard this and sighed. He looked at her and tried to guess her thoughts but at the end he couldn't. She is truly different from others . No matter how much he tries to ignore her and her feelings she always amazed him with her act. Was he too cruel on her?

"Since you don't want it then fine. I will leave you in peace" she said when he didn't speak. She got up and about to go he opened his mouth.

"No wait, I think it's better to share something when I can"

Nandini stopped and sir down again. She was behaving like other time. Clingy and lovey-dovey but today she was composed and calm. He gazed at her few more seconds.

"My cousins got into an accident. Unfortunately police caught him wrongly and now he is in jail. To get him bail I need 20,000 thousands to offer to the officer or he won't let him out. I don't know how will I gather thos much money. He was wrongly accused but the officer didn't listen. He wanted money to get my cousin out of the lockup. I was so tensed. If his family knows it, his father will kick him out of the house. I had to get him out before anyone knows about it" Manik explained. "And I was drunk because of this"

Nandini got up again. He looked at her. She turned to look at him "you are sure he is innocent?"

Manik nodded "he is because, he is just an teenager. He is simple and nerdy type"

"Fine, I will give the money, just get him out of the police station"

Manik looked at her shocked. What did she said? She will give the money?

"What?"

"You heard what I said"

"I- really don't want to trouble you" he shook his head. It's kind of embarrassing.

"It's not for free. But this will be repayment of what you did during the trip. You helped me so I will help you now. Then we will get even. Besides I don't like owing to anyone" she said and moved to walk away "come at my hostel gate by evening" she added and left while he stood there staring at her back.