Chapter 21 - Asking Out

"No mom, I am fine. You don't have to worry" Nandini said through phone. She laid in the bed and staring at the ceiling where the fan was hanged above her.

"What are you saying Nandini? You had accident yet you didn't felt need to inform us and now you are saying you are fine" her mother chided her.

"Mom please my hand just fractured a little and I already had medicine and now it's totally healed. This is just a small concern mom and about not telling you, I know you would get worried and I really don't want to disturb you with it"

Her mother sighed "you are my daughter, how can a mother stay still when her child is hurt? From now on you need to inform everything that happens there. Do you understand?"

"But mom this was -"

"Or I will just tell your father" her mom threatened.

Nandini's eyes widened in shock. No she really can't let her father know or je would definitely bring her back to home for farther check up. She knows how possessive and concerned her father was for him and at this moment when she is trying to win Manik's heart, she could not risk it at all. She immediately sat up on bed.

"No mom please don't tell dad" then sighed "okay, I will inform you everything that concerns me here but please don't tell dad about it. My exam is near and i can't go back in home, it will waste my preparation"

She can tell everything except about him.

"Fine, this time I am agreeing but remember if anything happens like this, I won't hide it from your father. I guess if the accident part didn't slipped from you mistakenly you had no plan for telling me"

"I am sorry mom. I know you would worry about me and that's the only reason I wanted to hide it"

"Nandini you are far from the home dear. If anything happens to you then your dad and I will go crazy. You should understand our feelings too. Don't make is regret sending you to your favourite institute for study"

"I know mom, it won't happen again" Nandini nodded though she knows that her mother could not see her nodding.

"That's good. Keep it in mind. Now tell me how's your study going?"

Nandini smiled "I missed many clases due to me medical purpose but it's a blessing that Sanchita was there to help me. She gathered notes for my absent dates and helped me to make up the loses"

"I knew that girl is reliable. She is sensible and understanding. It's good that you two are friends and also sharing the same room. She will-"

"Mom please, I know how great she is but do you really need to run it on my face?"

She her mother chuckled "I have to say the truth"

Nandini rolled her eyes but smiled too. She knows that Sanchita is what her mother described to her. If it was not for her Nandini feared that she would have gone crazy long time ago.

"Okay, I will hang up now. Your dad is calling me"

"Tell dad I love him, bye" she hanged up and smiled.

Sanchita walked in with a tired face. It was already evening time. Nandini looked at exhausted best friend who sprawled on the bed throwing her beg on the floor.

"What happened you looked so exhausted?"

"Don't talk to me" Sanchita said "god, I am exhausted"

"Were not you so energetic when you are going out at afternoon? You said nothing can make you tire" Nandini said and propping her chin on her hand.