introduce yourself

ANDREA POV

What an embarrassing way to start at new school. From all people, I had to cross paths with an Ackerman, and one that is third in line for the throne. Shaking the thought away I made my way to history class.

The classroom smelled like chalk and the heat was unbearable. Finding a seat in the far back, I left my head rest on the table. An elderly man walked in wearing a plaid suit and very round spectacles.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Fredrick. You can call me Fred. Welcome to History 240. We will have so much fun in this class I assure you, but before we get started, I want us to welcome a new student. Andrea Ramos? Are you in here?"

I stood up slowly, " Hello, Mr.Fredrick. I'm Andrea."

"Ah yes. Come now don't be shy," he says while ushering me to the front of the room.

"Tell us a little about your self."

" Um, I'm Andrea and I just transferred here. I- well I don't really have anything interesting to say you know? But nice to meet everyone." I could feel my cheeks burning up and I hope everyone didn't notice. Shoving my hands in the pockets of my jeans I took my seat.

"Well, I disagree Andrea. Class, Andrea is one of the 20 kids who received a two year scholarship to our school. Now please make her feel welcome." I never minded meeting new people but I hated being in the spotlight. I hated all the weird judgmental stares I was receiving now.

These next two years are going to be dreadful now that I'm stuck here, but sometimes you have to do things you hate, to gain something you want.