soaked

ANDREA POV

"I do.. I do like you." I blurt out as she starts to walk away. She turns around with a questioning look.

"I- it's just.. something I haven't felt before." I start to fidget with my fingers because I'm getting my words all tangled.

"I haven't felt this way for anyone, ever." Devyn chimes in. At this point every inch of my body is soaked because of the rain.

"No you don't get it. When I'm around you.. I feel this sudden rush that I can't explain. I tried to stay away from you because I just didn't want to feel it. But you make me feel things. And sometimes I hate it, because I feel so vulnerable." I clench my jaw because I have no idea what she's going to say. Does she think I'm weird? Did I say too much?

"It's the same for me. When I see you, I feel like I'm at a loss of words. I never know what to say or what to think. I don't know know if I should stand or if I should keep my hands in my pockets or leave them out. My heart starts to race and..." She takes a step towards me. She's so close that I can see the raindrops on her eyelashes.

"And..?" I don't want her to stop talking.

"And all I can think about is you and your...."

"Shhhhh." I press my finger to her lips. At this moment I didn't want to care about anything. It was just me and her. I loop my hands around her neck.

"Everything is better when I'm with you. And it feels scary because I haven't felt good in along time." I confess. Devyn pulls in my waist. I look up at her and all I want to do is kiss her. And so I do. The rain pours and pours, but I don't mind it anymore. She pulls away and I can see her smiling.

"That took you long enough."

"Shut up."

"Make me." She says with smirk and I take up the challenge. I grab her face to kiss her again and this time she kisses back with even more passion and hunger.

"Let's get out of here?" She manages to whisper in between our kisses.

"Hell yeah." She grabs my hand and we head over to her car.

She turns the heat on because we're both shivering. I take off my jacket and throw it in the back seat. Devyn starts to drive and I watch as her eyebrows are furrowed as she tries to concentrate on the road. It was cute. I see a cop car fly past us and it hits me that I haven't told her about my encounter with Sage. Looking down at my wrists, they looked and felt sore from the really tight handcuffs.

"So you're still not going to tell me about those?" Devyn asks as she watches me look down.

" I think Sage can tell you all about it."

"What do you mean?"

"It was my fault, I know. I was blocking the cars from going and she said that she was going to arrest everyone who was causing a problem, and she did."

"I can't believe she did that. I'm sorry."

"No, really it was all me." I could tell that she was upset already. I didn't want to tell her that I was kept there all night being interrogated. Even worse, I had no idea if I was supposed to tell her that her own father wanted her to not win.

We pull up into the lot by the Ackerman house. Running inside, the guards hand us towels.

"Thanks, guys." Devyn tells them.

"Thank you."

"Come, you can borrow some of my clothes for now." I follow her into her room.

She goes into her closet and brings out dry clothes.

"You can change in there." She says as she points to the walk-in closet.

"You sure you want me to walk in there, all wet?"

"I don't mind." She replies as she takes off her shirt. I can't help but stare at her.

"Like what you see?" She asks as she turns around to see me standing there awestruck.

"Mmmm not bad." I tease as I give her a shrug.

"I mean, you look pretty good in... your amazing soaked clothes.." She walks over to me and tugs on my pant loops.

"But honestly, these clothes would look better on my bedroom floor." My eyebrows shoot up as she says that and it suddenly feels really hot in her room.

"Why don't you help me with that?" I say as I start to unbutton my shirt. She lets her hand rest on my neck as she goes in for a kiss. Before I know it, we're all over each other. Her hands explore my body as she helps me take off my shirt and pants. It's funny how we made it onto her bed without tripping over anything on the floor. She kisses my neck and it sends a shiver throughout my body. I pin her down while I get on top. She takes a moment to take me in and she starts to smile from ear to ear.

"What?" I ask, and I suddenly feel self conscientious. I am literally in Devyn Ackermans' bed. Almost fully naked aside from my under garments.

"I'm just thinking about how you are literally the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on."

She successfully makes me blush and catches me off guard, because she takes that chance to lift me and pin me down instead. She kisses me again and starts to kiss me down to my neck. She keeps going down and my heart starts to beat faster. As she's busy kissing every inch of my body, she sneaks her other hand around my back and I feel my bra unhook. I throw it off and I kiss her again. I take her hand and guide them up to my breast. She caresses my right breast, and a moan escapes my lips. Her touch feels like electricity.

"Devyn?" Someone knocks on her door.

"I'm busy!" Devyn replies as she goes down to kiss around the lining of my underwear.Another moan escapes from me.

"I need to talk to you. Urgent." Sage's voice booms. Devyn stops and sits up in frustration.

"I will be right back." She plants a kiss on my lips before she hurries to put on her clothes. I let her blanket cover me. Devyn opens the door just a bit, only for her to squeeze through. Looks like she didn't want Sage to know I was here. After the door closes I get up and change into the dry clothes Dev gave me.