irresistible leeches

ANDREA POV

I woke up to Sierra sprawled all over the bed. I move her arm out of the way to get out of bed. My head hurt from all the alcohol I consumed last night. After taking a quick shower I headed downstairs into the kitchen.

"Rise and Shine, beautiful!" Ash walks over and passes me a plate of eggs and toast.

"Good morning, you made me breakfast?"

"Of course I did." He replies with a wink, and I can't help but swoon over how sweet he was. As I start to munch on breakfast, Iris enters and she looks distraught and annoyed.

"Hey, Iris, anything I can get you?" Ash asks.

"No...but maybe you can tell your friend to stop being an asshole." She says while looking toward the kitchen entrance. Devyn leans on the wall with her right shoulder.

"Ohhhh. Yeah I'm not sure I can help with that." He assures.

"Can you not be so dramatic all the time?" Devyn says in an irritated tone.

"Me? Being dramatic? You can't be serious right now, Dev!" Ash looks at me and we both know we should walk out, so we get up slowly. As we leave the kitchen I can still hear their banter.

"Don't worry about them, Dev always has some sort of ruckus going on with her..love interests."

"I see."

"It's a beautiful day out." On the patio, I look around and it certainly is a nice day. The sun is shining and the trees are standing taller, and greener than ever.

"You know what that means." Gabe comes out of the door.

"Hell yeah!" Ash says with a smile.

"What are you boys up to?" Brianna stretches and yawns.

"The usual. Great day out for some water activities."

"Now that I can agree on."

"Jesus, does anyone have a fucking cigarette?" Devyn storms out and falls into a chair, while Sierra comes out after her, offering her a cigarette. She looked so full of anger that I thought smoke would come out of her ears any second.

"What happened? Trouble in paradise?" Gabe teases.

"Shut up." She answers.

"Do you ever relax?" I blurt out and everyone looks toward me.

"What?" She squinted.

"I mean you're always so up tight. Live a little." I look away while taking a bite out of my toast.

"Yeah take her advice." Iris joins us outside and it looks like she's been crying.

Devyn looks at her for a few seconds and then looks away. She takes another puff from her cigarette and the rings on her fingers glisten under the sun light. Her black hoodie hugs her, and her jeans fall loosely on her legs. The hairs from her messy bun fly onto her face as the breeze comes in, and she moves them away. My eyes trace back to her hands, they were perfectly manicured with her knuckles still having scratches. Her nails were short, I think she bit her nails a lot. Just like the rest of her body, her hands looked strong with veins to add the effects. All of a sudden I bite my tongue on an accident and yelp in pain.

"Shit."

"What happened?"

"I bit my tongue." Having enough of the food, I placed the plate on the table.

"Everyone get your stuff for today. We're going on an adventure!" As Ash announced this, everyone headed into their rooms.

"What do I need?" I ask Sierra.